• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizen permitted in Singapore?????

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since the Growth Dividend web site states that a dual citizens is “not eligible for the Growth Dividend and CPF Medisave Top-Up as Singapore does not recognise dual citizenship”, does it mean that there are actually dual citizens, who also hold Singapore citizenship?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For the umpteenth time... YES dual citizenship is permitted!

Read the sticky.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
in this case in which year it was permitted? :rolleyes:

any claim which elite members of Leegime have dual citizenship, to nail in the coffin? :confused:

There is no year involved. There is nothing in black and white that says it's allowed. Once again, read the sticky.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
U anodr scroobal. Not allowd say not allowd lah. U 1 2 get ppl in trubl izit???? :(

Nothing to do with Scroobal. I personally know 2 sinkies living within 10 km radius of my home that have a Singapore passport and an OZ/NZ passport.

The Singapore authorities know that they have 2 passports. They go in and out of Singapore and have never been arrested, fined, detained, delayed, questioned, abused, reprimanded or even glared at by the Singapore authorities.

If it is not disallowed, I can therefore assume that it is permitted. It appears that the "no u turn" syndrome is alive and well after all these years.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don Muthu might just ask you if you have actually seen their passports in order to double confirm their dual citizenship status.

Don is one of those sinkies who want everything to be cast in stone before they act. Don't think he knows what is implied tacit consent.

Nothing to do with Scroobal. I personally know 2 sinkies living within 10 km radius of my home that have a Singapore passport and an OZ/NZ passport.

The Singapore authorities know that they have 2 passports. They go in and out of Singapore and have never been arrested, fined, detained, delayed, questioned, abused, reprimanded or even glared at by the Singapore authorities.

If it is not disallowed, I can therefore assume that it is permitted. It appears that the "no u turn" syndrome is alive and well after all these years.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. You can never help this people no matter what you do. Since the country gained its independence, there has never been such a legislation and never has been one. Australia actually prohibited dual citizenship by law and it was in black and white until 2004. Rupert Murdoch had to renounce his OZ citizenship to acquire a stake in Fox as US laws forbid foreigners holding stake in broadcast networks. He then successfully lobbied Howard to repeal the law and regained his OZ citizenship.

Don Muthusamy is a long term member of this forum and moved to Oz years ago. He has seen these discussions from day one and still does not get it. All these years he has continued to be dumb and should be a classic model to tell would emigrants that the bar for entry is low. If they take in Don, no issue for most people.

Many people are aware of the dual citizenship when they migrate as they do their homework or can discern between urban myths and realtiy. But they give up on the Singapore citizenship to collect their CPF in full. Either to buy a house or remove their investment to safer shores. Then there are those who know the value of a Singapore passport especially businessman. It can go to most places without a visa like no other.

I am sure most people are prepared to help a newbie with a question ike that but people like Don are what the world does not need. Imagine all these years in this forum and still the blur fuck he is. I am sure the most important thing in his life, is the monthly potluck with other blur fuck aunties and uncles in an OZ city without a single Aussie friend in his list. These are the same blue fucks who have no brains to ask and find out and have sons barred for life from Singapore.

Don Muthu might just ask you if you have actually seen their passports in order to double confirm their dual citizenship status.

Don is one of those sinkies who want everything to be cast in stone before they act. Don't think he knows what is implied tacit consent.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw , you see the content in forums like Expat, SgForums on emigration, citizenship renouncing, NS liability etc. The advices given are shocking and being Singpaoreans and despite this forum longer tenure than most and expertise in this space, people listen to garbage.

One chap actually wrote that any application to renouce and to avoid NS liability has to be done while the person is in Singapore. Absolute rubbish.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
get real. multiple citizenship is getting common. singapore is behind time and trying to play hide and seek.
some poster mentioned about singapore being a petty country. can see how.
far out! petty actions like no growth dividend and cpf top-up, and want to attract top professionals.
cocked brain government policies.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on cut the crap. It is all about your CPF money.

You keep the citizenship and burn your CPF money. Unless you have only $1 in your CPF it is fine. If you have $100,000 which one do you prefer?

Exactly. You can never help this people no matter what you do. Since the country gained its independence, there has never been such a legislation and never has been one. Australia actually prohibited dual citizenship by law and it was in black and white until 2004. Rupert Murdoch had to renounce his OZ citizenship to acquire a stake in Fox as US laws forbid foreigners holding stake in broadcast networks. He then successfully lobbied Howard to repeal the law and regained his OZ citizenship.

Don Muthusamy is a long term member of this forum and moved to Oz years ago. He has seen these discussions from day one and still does not get it. All these years he has continued to be dumb and should be a classic model to tell would emigrants that the bar for entry is low. If they take in Don, no issue for most people.

Many people are aware of the dual citizenship when they migrate as they do their homework or can discern between urban myths and realtiy. But they give up on the Singapore citizenship to collect their CPF in full. Either to buy a house or remove their investment to safer shores. Then there are those who know the value of a Singapore passport especially businessman. It can go to most places without a visa like no other.

I am sure most people are prepared to help a newbie with a question ike that but people like Don are what the world does not need. Imagine all these years in this forum and still the blur fuck he is. I am sure the most important thing in his life, is the monthly potluck with other blur fuck aunties and uncles in an OZ city without a single Aussie friend in his list. These are the same blue fucks who have no brains to ask and find out and have sons barred for life from Singapore.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If one is so desperate for that $100,000 in the CPF, it is better that he stay in Singapore.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
$100k is worth more than a sg citizenship.

sg citizenship means serving ns and reservist and living in an overcrowded pigeon hole overpriced car and need to reserve seats during lunch.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one is so desperate for that $100,000 in the CPF, it is better that he stay in Singapore.

Hmm... $100k invested during the crisis - GFC, can make a return of > $200k. Why not ? Keeping SG is a liability, unless you have zero CPF and no kids for NS.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For 100K you would stay in SG??? What a cheap slut.

No wonder kachang puteh like you day and night KPKB and put on a false bravado on the internet, but come election, you still squeeze balls and vote PAP.

Come on cut the crap. It is all about your CPF money.

You keep the citizenship and burn your CPF money. Unless you have only $1 in your CPF it is fine. If you have $100,000 which one do you prefer?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CPF and NS are 2 good reasons to renounce S'pore citizenship.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Every thing has it's ups and downs, if you want to settle in a new country, ALWAYS be prepared to take the good with the bad.

In essence, take it as a new chance in life.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm... $100k invested during the crisis - GFC, can make a return of > $200k. Why not ? Keeping SG is a liability, unless you have zero CPF and no kids for NS.

The good old days. Can't wait for another GFC for a kill.
It should be here when the Euro break up next year.

CPF vs Super

Property will be down. There is one excellent reason why Ned still have Super with GESB. (I used to have ARIA as well)

GESB is for WA public servants. Ex servants too!

One of the 3 funds that operate differently as a former state owned fund - No 15% tax because the Fed cannot tax the State govt. When we take out, we pay the tax, but not thru the annuity route. No quota on contribution limit, others have $100,000.

The unit price for my investment is visible, and I can operate it like a Unit trust.

The most important is the South African Investment Manager. This guy know what he is doing. I just have to remember what he told me when I wanted to move my funds from Growth Plan to Cash Plan. He said something like "He cannot advise me because he will get into trouble. But he had advised his kids to do the same." Just remember the 10% tax on capital gain later when you move back. WHAT A BIG TIP!!! Best decision I have made because I was able to ride the growth wave by switching plans. My latest switch happened less than 2 months back and I made $5000 for 6 weeks effort.

I cannot do this for CPF 2.5%! Even the Cash Plan is earning at least 5%. I have not calculated my capital gain byswitching plans. Some super funds only allow 1 or 2 switches a year.

Sorry if I repeated this in the past posting, but I like the flexibility with my superannuation fund.

Super vs Aged Pension.

I have re-built my Super to a comfortable level. It sort of made up for taking out Singapore CPF.

I will be reviewing my investment mix next Feb. This current financial year returns is slowing down.

I am ready qualified for aged pension, having worked for >10yrs here. Tax office has my records.

But I prefer a self-funded retirement. The govt aged pension is the safety net. At least I do not see myself jumping into Bedok Reservoir over financial distress.

Most GESB members enjoyed sound returns for the 12 months to 30 June 2011. The West State Super Balanced plan returned 10.38%1 over the 12 months to 30 June 2011 and the GESB Super Balanced Growth plan returned 9.93%2 for the same period while the Retirement Income Balanced Plan returned 10.37%3.

Last edited: