• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you remove the battery pack in your laptop at home ?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.. topic is do we remove the battery pack...not the panties of a girl...my, my, we digress very quickly.
Excuse his trespass (pun intended). Give him credit for correlation:p

TS, it's planned obsolescence in commerce

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your laptop is on a/c power all the time, your laptop battery will remain charge 100% all the time. Okay for a new battery, but you are just shortening its life. Same situation if you let it run down, its life if shorten if it reaches 0% or the min the laptop software allows it to go before switching off.

If you buy any new devices with li-ion batteries you will find that nearly all are charged to half-power. Manufacturers discovered that half-charged batteries keep their pristine state longer than 100% charge or fully depleted batteries.

So this is what I would do, charge the batteries to full. Use laptop without direct a/c power until batteries drop to half. Remove and store the batteries. Use battery without batteries and powered direct from mains.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
halsey02 said:
The topic is do we remove the battery pack...not the panties of a girl...my, my, we digress very quickly.

The problem is parting the panty is an integral and necessary part of the charging. I think it
is quite clear there.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
halsey02 said:
doing at the same time as removing the battery pack from the notebook computer?

Don't think there is time to remove anything. Even for panty, it is only parting it to one side. Ask the two guys for their dirty secrets.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fook Seng said:
Don't think there is time to remove anything. Even for panty, it is only parting it to one side. Ask the two guys for their dirty secrets.

As Screwball said, don't have to remove all the time, only now and then. It is particularly pertinent when you are charging with the panty in between; you should forgo this formality.

Seriously, as far as battery memory is concerned, you don't need to with modern batteries. As to batteries can be recharged only a limited number of times, I am of the opinion that it is not so much the number of times you do the charging but the amount of charging you need to do that is the crux of the matter. And this is dependent on the duration of the sole usage of the battery. You do not need to worry about the mains overfrying the battery when it is fully charged, as there is a circuitry within the PC that cuts off the power.

In fact in large commercial installations with UPSs, the batteries are permanently connected and immediately recharged as they drain and when the mains power returns to the rectifiers.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears that there isn't a general consensus on the correct practice. I did a check my manual, and it says this:

"The battery starts charging when the charge drops below 95%. This prevents the battery from charging frequently. Minimizing the recharge cycles helps prolong battery life."

"Warning! Do not leave the battery pack discharged. The battery pack will discharge over time. If not using the battery pack, it must continue to be charged every three months to extend recovery capacity or else it may fail to charge in the future."

This has more or less answered my question. It's perfectly alright to keep the battery pack on when connected to AC adapter.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What is the best practice ?

charge to max, run on its batteries till flat, turn off machine, recharge battery.

you wouldn't want to glue your eyes on the screen for protracted period of time! give it some rest, go out and play! :smile::smile::smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
And I'm sure you know you're also increasing the recharge cycles of your battery.

laptops are used for folks on the go, if you were sitting for hours on end using AC, why not use a desktop PC or iMac?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
laptops are used for folks on the go, if you were sitting for hours on end using AC, why not use a desktop PC or iMac?
Before perhaps, not quite so these days. Disparity between lappy and desktop blurred now. Many (including me) use lappy 100% even in office with docking station. Hooked to office's server.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, how do you know it's fine? Have you used it on battery alone? Does it still give you 4 hrs or 6?

Im using a MSI netbook and Im doing the harging wile the battery is intact for the last 3 years and the battery is still working fine.

Dont think this is a good idea. Your dick may suffer abrasive lesions caused by rubbing with the panties' edge during violent movements! Why not take it all off?

Tell you a secret. I prefer to bang a girl when shes wearing her undies. Normally I just make her sit on my lap, lift up her skirt, push the undie to one side and enter her :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using a U450p. Bat sux, only can last most 2 hrs altho indicator says 4 hrs.

any bros use laptop with integrated battery like lenovo U400? will the battery life be long lasting or drain very fast as time passes?

Good idea! Time to replace mine then.
After 2 years or so when the battery can't hold its charge for more than an hour, just buy a compatible battery from eBay for between $30 to $50 and continue using for another 2 years. That's what I did for my Lenovo and Dell.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It appears that there isn't a general consensus on the correct practice. I did a check my manual, and it says this:

"The battery starts charging when the charge drops below 95%. This prevents the battery from charging frequently. Minimizing the recharge cycles helps prolong battery life."

"Warning! Do not leave the battery pack discharged. The battery pack will discharge over time. If not using the battery pack, it must continue to be charged every three months to extend recovery capacity or else it may fail to charge in the future."

This has more or less answered my question. It's perfectly alright to keep the battery pack on when connected to AC adapter.

If you are using lithium polymer batteries you may find Apple's recommendations useful. They can be found here:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you laptop is plugged into AC adapter at home, do you always remove the battery pack ?

My laptop battery has been giving me problems lately, and I have been wondering it's a result of my not removing the battery pack at all whenever I'm plugged into AC at home. My reason for doing so is in the event of a power failure for a few seconds, laptop will not shut down and I'll not lose information.

But now I'm beginning to worry if, by not removing the battery pack, I'm subjecting it to repeated charging.

I notice almost all super/hypermart like carrefour, NTUC would do that to their laptops on the display.

One thing I notice doing so can cut down a lot of temperature when you are using the laptop..

Last edited:

boylover

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, i removed the battery pack at the office, not at home!:rolleyes:

When you laptop is plugged into AC adapter at home, do you always remove the battery pack ?

My laptop battery has been giving me problems lately, and I have been wondering it's a result of my not removing the battery pack at all whenever I'm plugged into AC at home. My reason for doing so is in the event of a power failure for a few seconds, laptop will not shut down and I'll not lose information.

But now I'm beginning to worry if, by not removing the battery pack, I'm subjecting it to repeated charging.