• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you remove the battery pack in your laptop at home ?

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you laptop is plugged into AC adapter at home, do you always remove the battery pack ?

My laptop battery has been giving me problems lately, and I have been wondering it's a result of my not removing the battery pack at all whenever I'm plugged into AC at home. My reason for doing so is in the event of a power failure for a few seconds, laptop will not shut down and I'll not lose information.

But now I'm beginning to worry if, by not removing the battery pack, I'm subjecting it to repeated charging.

What is the best practice ?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When you laptop is plugged into AC adapter at home, do you always remove the battery pack ?

My laptop battery has been giving me problems lately, and I have been wondering it's a result of my not removing the battery pack at all whenever I'm plugged into AC at home. My reason for doing so is in the event of a power failure for a few seconds, laptop will not shut down and I'll not lose information.

But now I'm beginning to worry if, by not removing the battery pack, I'm subjecting it to repeated charging.

Im using a MSI netbook and Im doing the harging wile the battery is intact for the last 3 years and the battery is still working fine.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do remove the battery pack most of the time whenever I have access to AC power source. Chances of power failure are not that great. have never encounter this before. ** Touch Wood**

Some laptops like the Lenovos have power management programme that prevents the battery from fully charged.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do remove the battery pack most of the time whenever I have access to AC power source. Chances of power failure are not that great. have never encounter this before. ** Touch Wood**

Some laptops like the Lenovos have power management programme that prevents the battery from fully charged.

I believe the power management thingy lies in the OS, not so much the brand of the computer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it depends on the type of battery you are using.

Been looking at the new Apple MacbookPros & they are using the Lithium Polymer batteries & these batteries don't have a memory effect & it's recommended that you keep it at least half charged even if have in connected to the AC outlet. This is to prevent deep discharge.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just an anaLogy: Do you remove your underwears once you are home ?..bet many of us do. :smile:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just an anaLogy: Do you remove your underwears once you are home ?..bet many of us do. :smile:

Tell you a secret. I prefer to bang a girl when shes wearing her undies. Normally I just make her sit on my lap, lift up her skirt, push the undie to one side and enter her :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tell you a secret. I prefer to bang a girl when shes wearing her undies. Normally I just make her sit on my lap, lift up her skirt, push the undie to one side and enter her :biggrin:

Seems Like we both share the same dirty secrets too..i do find the sLidings by the sides a huge turn-on. :wink:
Paiseh to go abit ot on this ..pardon me.

dunkidme

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it is. Remove it when plugged in.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nearly all things which has AC and battery system are not designed for the battery to be taken out when plugged into the AC.

The issue in the past was the memory effect where repeated re-charge without completely discharing the battery can even result in 2 hr battery to end up with 10 min power. The new batteries including the lithium ones are not affected as much but yhey too after 3 years begin to die faster.

I recall iphone / ipad etc users are advised to run down their battery completely every month for battery longetivity. These are relatively small devices. Laptops and note books are bigger and also have more sophisticated battery management system.

In a nutshell, taking out a battery in this day and age is for the kiasu. Just do an occasional deep drain ie just don't plug into AC while at home and use it completely. Most batteries eventually conk out after 2 to 3 years, just order via online vendor usually from china.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any bros use laptop with integrated battery like lenovo U400? will the battery life be long lasting or drain very fast as time passes?

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 2 years or so when the battery can't hold its charge for more than an hour, just buy a compatible battery from eBay for between $30 to $50 and continue using for another 2 years. That's what I did for my Lenovo and Dell.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After 2 years or so when the battery can't hold its charge for more than an hour, just buy a compatible battery from eBay for between $30 to $50 and continue using for another 2 years. That's what I did for my Lenovo and Dell.
u tok oni or really did it b4? ... :confused:

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One shouLd discharge your battery 100% once a whiLe, then recharge them from 0%.It a good practice from my
practicaL experience with using a host of other portabLe batteries.
Dont expect your Lappies' batteries to Last for more than 2 years' on average.These manufacturers are smart asses,
they know when your battery's Life is going kaput; otherwise they wouLd be out of business.:cool:

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
u tok oni or really did it b4? ... :confused:

I know my nick is NATO but in this case, I did change batteries of both my Notebooks and typing from one of them now. No need bother about plug in plug out nonsense. Just spend the $50 and move on to other things in life

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then while she's sitting on your lap, both of you are playing co-op Diablo.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The topic is do we remove the battery pack...not the panties of a girl...my, my, we digress very quickly.