• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you get sucked in by 'the more you buy the more you save' concept ..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bet every naive but greedy housewives do.Knn, untiL my fucking store room is fuLL of toiLetries', and my freezer's door is aLmost jammed from cLosing ! ! :eek:
What mentaLity is this ?..certainLy i dont beLong to this type of herd's instinct.:cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bet every naive but greedy housewives do.Knn, untiL my fucking store room is fuLL of toiLetries', and my freezer's door is aLmost jammed from cLosing ! ! :eek:
What mentaLity is this ?..certainLy i dont beLong to this type of herd's instinct.:cool:

Most of the women are suckers for sales and discounts. They need retail therapy.

Once, I passed by the Isetan in Orchard during the GSS and the place was flooded with hordes of women, who were scrounging through the piles of shoes, dresses, handbags and underwear. Frankly, it was quite a scary sight, and I felt sorry for the retail employees.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Shop & Save was dead on when it's motto is : The more you Shop The more you Save.:cool:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you go to fairprice and see the tuesday mad rush for food. the fruits especially are very badly handled. you can even find finger punctured holes in the oranges!! totally destructive customers!!!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BrinjaLs are the most iLL-treated ones !.Knn how many times have i seen maids pressing & fingering them for their
correct size & hardness prior to buy one for use..:eek::biggrin:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
almost all the fruits. even those in plastic bags are poked and fingered!!! in other countries, you are not even allowed to touch the fruits!!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BrinjaLs are the most iLL-treated ones !.Knn how many times have i seen maids pressing & fingering them for their
correct size & hardness prior to buy one for use..:eek::biggrin:
walan eh! ... dun tel me wat dey did b4 dey buy cucumbers! ...

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
walan eh! ... dun tel me wat dey did b4 dey buy cucumbers! ...

Me dont think their asian sizes can take a thick Load of cucumbers..zuchini perhaps, but some just cant tahan the
thorny prickLy feeLings from them.:wink:

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's the same thing when big businesses use the following marketing gimmicks:

A. Restaurants offering frequent diner's discount. The more you dine there, the bigger the discount. That's great until the diners eventually get sick from eating too much restaurant food.

B. Restaurants offering a 30% discount when using a particular type of credit card to pay. Most people won't even dine at those restaurants until they saw the special promo offer when they happen to carry that particular card.

C. Shops offering Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Most people didn't even plan to buy that item in the first place until they saw the offer.

D. Credit card issuers offering reward points. The more you use their cards to pay, the more points you'll earn that can be redeemed for free airline ticket, hotel accommodation, shopping vouchers, or cash back. Most people get into this trap of trying to get freebies until they can't make their credit card payments.

E. Hotels offering frequent guest program. The more nights you stay at their hotels, the higher your chances that your next night stay will be free. People literally will have to spend tens of thousands of dollars a year at the hotel just to get a free night stay. Otherwise, the points will eventually expire.

F. Airlines' frequent flier program. The more you fly with the same airline alliance network, the better your chances of getting a free airline ticket or an upgrade. Unless someone is really a frequent flier on business trips, it's not worth it. It literally takes tens of thousands of miles to get a free economy class return ticket to another continent. It will take hundreds of thousands of miles to get a free business class or first class return ticket. If they don't redeem their miles by expiration date, they'll lose their miles.

Last edited:

qwerty

Alfrescian
Loyal

thats why my foolish friend said as well...

i told him, the more you dun buy, the more you save... not the other way round...

just buy what you need.... not more because its cheap

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro, I think posting your problem here is not going to solve the issue you have with your wife.

The solution is to educate her and share with her how in reality "the more you buy, the more you save" don't work.

Point out to her some issues such as expiry dates, cheaper discount in future or elsewhere, some of the products you simply don't use anymore as the time passes by e.g. baby napkins and baby milk or the complimentary good no longer functioning etc etc.

BTW, if your freezer door is almost jammed from closing, that means you are saving on energy bill as a full fridge consume less energy to maintain the same temperature than an empty one.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, I think posting your problem here is not going to solve the issue you have with your wife.

The solution is to educate her and share with her how in reality "the more you buy, the more you save" don't work.

Point out to her some issues such as expiry dates, cheaper discount in future or elsewhere, some of the products you simply don't use anymore as the time passes by e.g. baby napkins and baby milk or the complimentary good no longer functioning etc etc.

BTW, if your freezer door is almost jammed from closing, that means you are saving on energy bill as a full fridge consume less energy to maintain the same temperature than an empty one.
Bro sotong, it's not soLeLy about this ' buy n save' issue my wife, it's a broader based probLem with peopLe with that Like-minded mentaLity of it.