• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do we need such 'improvements'?

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Examples:

Repainting of HDB flats

Expanding the reservoirs to become a water park

Changing of drain covers to those metal grills

Renovation of hawker centres which are old but clean

I rather have no such 'improvements' but it is better than having such and the costs passed down to our conservancy charges, GST, taxes and costs of living.

If can, do name other such 'improvements'.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right.

For the younger generations, this does not matter anymore.

I think they worry more about what kind of cars they drive and what handbag they wear. If you live in a flat, you live in a flat. No matter how rococo it is, it is still a pigeonhole.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right.

For the younger generations, this does not matter anymore.

I think they worry more about what kind of cars they drive and what handbag they wear. If you live in a flat, you live in a flat. No matter how rococo it is, it is still a pigeonhole.
Precisely I find it stupid to repain HDB flats cause in the end, it is still a HDB flat. It is like repainting a Kia Picanto with gold but it is still a small Kia Picanto. I rather they use all the money to keep the prices of pigeon holes down. MBT does not seem to care or even bother anyway.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely I find it stupid to repain HDB flats cause in the end, it is still a HDB flat. It is like repainting a Kia Picanto with gold but it is still a small Kia Picanto. I rather they use all the money to keep the prices of pigeon holes down. MBT does not seem to care or even bother anyway.

The main reason why they want to keep doing this is:

GDP Growth, which will then look good on their report card.

Construction is the best short term way to boost GDP growth. 70% of China's GDP growth is based on construction and infrastructure building.

Anyway, they build you pay. Why not?? You cannot vote them out anyway.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main reason why they want to keep doing this is:

GDP Growth, which will then look good on their report card.

Construction is the best short term way to boost GDP growth. 70% of China's GDP growth is based on construction and infrastructure building.

Anyway, they build you pay. Why not?? You cannot vote them out anyway.
Made sense. I think Singapore is the only country with one of the highest GDP but most people are unhappy with their lives.

At least, if they want to introduce more 'improvements', least they could do is hold a ballot for each GRC.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Made sense. I think Singapore is the only country with one of the highest GDP but most people are unhappy with their lives.

At least, if they want to introduce more 'improvements', least they could do is hold a ballot for each GRC.

Think they need to get 75% of the block to agree before they can build useless things around the block.

Anyway, you will realize that most people will still want those useless decorations around the block anyway because it will be mostly subsidized and you just pay a few K. The thought of getting a big discount will send a lot of these dumb sinkies into ecstasy.

MIW will always initiate these upgrading things after they write some great report on the economy so many of these dumb sinkies will feel secured about upgrading.

The SG govt is probably the worst in the world and cannot survive if they stop leeching from the people. They earn most of their money from allowing their people to gamble and pay obscene taxes for cars. If it's a top government, they will rely on technology and other strengths to earn $$ for the country. One good example is Japan.. The smart and powerful earn $$ for the country and the wealth is spread throughout the country.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the senseless diversion of Rochor Canal so that people can do riverside dining! I'm pretty sure that the ongoing works is one of the causes of the flooding in NOvena, Kampung Java and Little India.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think they need to get 75% of the block to agree before they can build useless things around the block.

Anyway, you will realize that most people will still want those useless decorations around the block anyway because it will be mostly subsidized and you just pay a few K. The thought of getting a big discount will send a lot of these dumb sinkies into ecstasy.

MIW will always initiate these upgrading things after they write some great report on the economy so many of these dumb sinkies will feel secured about upgrading.

The SG govt is probably the worst in the world and cannot survive if they stop leeching from the people. They earn most of their money from allowing their people to gamble and pay obscene taxes for cars. If it's a top government, they will rely on technology and other strengths to earn $$ for the country. One good example is Japan.. The smart and powerful earn $$ for the country and the wealth is spread throughout the country.
Those dumb sinkies do not know that the government will collect back the money lost through other means after the subsidies. Upgrading is really dumb, maybe except for the lifts which does bring some convenience. A HDB pigeon hole will always be a pigeon hole. People care more for a cheaper cost of living than a fancy pigeon hole.

You can see how many products Japanese have created and how proud the Japanese are of their countries. That is a sign of good governance.

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nt to mention e perpetual re-laying of roads;( construction is gud to stimulate e economy bt nt Wen most of e wages go to ft

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those dumb sinkies do not know that the government will collect back the money lost through other means after the subsidies. Upgrading is really dumb, maybe except for the lifts which does bring some convenience. A HDB pigeon hole will always be a pigeon hole. People care more for a cheaper cost of living than a fancy pigeon hole.

You can see how many products Japanese have created and how proud the Japanese are of their countries. That is a sign of good governance.

All Chinese governments are like that.

Look at Taiwan, China, Hong Kong.

Tell me which country is good at creating wealth for their country without exploiting their own people. Taiwan is a lesser case because they have a fully democratic system. Still Taiwanese exploit cheap chinese labor in China to create wealth for themselves. Hong Kong is slightly better but they had the privilege of full UK rule until 1997 hence they inherit many good points of that system.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Examples:

Repainting of HDB flats

Expanding the reservoirs to become a water park

Changing of drain covers to those metal grills

Renovation of hawker centres which are old but clean ...
if not how 2 cum up wif a report 2 1-up ah tong n ah khiang n step on dem? ... :rolleyes:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal

True.

They give you GST credits from the billions they collect from you from the computer, cars, groceries you buy.

It makes you feel alot happier that you get $1,000 than you pay a few dollars each time for GST. Cheebye PAP scums

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the senseless diversion of Rochor Canal so that people can do riverside dining! I'm pretty sure that the ongoing works is one of the causes of the flooding in NOvena, Kampung Java and Little India.
Doubt PAPpies are going to admit that is the cause.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Chinese governments are like that.

Look at Taiwan, China, Hong Kong.

Tell me which country is good at creating wealth for their country without exploiting their own people. Taiwan is a lesser case because they have a fully democratic system. Still Taiwanese exploit cheap chinese labor in China to create wealth for themselves. Hong Kong is slightly better but they had the privilege of full UK rule until 1997 hence they inherit many good points of that system.
Because unfortunately, Chinese are good at saboing their own people. Most Chinese leaders will sell out once they gain power. Most corruption cases always happen in China and Taiwan. Even if there is corruption in Japan or S.Korea, the culprit will resign and then commit suicide out of shame. Only the Chinese do not even bother to resign. Look at our ministers, made so many mistakes but still in power.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nt to mention e perpetual re-laying of roads;( construction is gud to stimulate e economy bt nt Wen most of e wages go to ft
Money earned from construction only goes to one Singaporean, who is the boss of the company and the rest are for FTs. So only one Singaporean benefits from it per construction job.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Flats and apartment prices will need to go up constantly .
It's only fair to those that have bought apartments .

The new batch of people need to buy from New Territories .
Newly constructed at new locations .