• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Disadvantage of being a Singaporean Male

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
For heaven's sake, don't be so naive. The son can refuse to serve and the govt will only revoke the PR, after which the son can still stay in Singapore. There is no penalty , like jail sentence, at all.

You should know that male children of PR's are required to serve NS when they attained the age of 18.

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
But given the govt penchant for PR, some spins will be woven later such that only the Singaporean female do NS.

There's no reason why the farking PR and the Singapore female cannot start serving at the same time.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The son can refuse to serve and the govt will only revoke the PR, after which the son can still stay in Singapore. There is no penalty , like jail sentence, at all.

Not entirely true. If the son declines to undertake NS, the ICA will revoke his PR status and his only option to remain in Singapore is to stay on a work permit or Employment Pass. In other words, they will need to demonstrate that they are in employment for them to stay here.

There are certain loop holes like applying for a PEP (Personal Employment Pass) but this will only allow 6 months of unemployment/residency before you either find a new job or leave the country.
But for male PRs who revoke purely because they do not wish to serve NS, losing it will prove rather problematic if their intention is to stay in Singapore for the long term.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Several Singaporeans have obtained asylum because they were persecuted for being gay. This is an accepted ground for asylum claims from Singapore since it is well documented that the island persecutes gay people. This may be a ground for you but may be unacceptable for those who detest homosexuality or any association with it.

Does Singapore persecute gays? Maybe he can quote us some examples.

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go and check with Mr Pililis Nikoforos how he managed to renounce his 2Gen PR and stay in Singapore.

Not entirely true. If the son declines to undertake NS, the ICA will revoke his PR status and his only option to remain in Singapore is to stay on a work permit or Employment Pass. In other words, they will need to demonstrate that they are in employment for them to stay here.

There are certain loop holes like applying for a PEP (Personal Employment Pass) but this will only allow 6 months of unemployment/residency before you either find a new job or leave the country.
But for male PRs who revoke purely because they do not wish to serve NS, losing it will prove rather problematic if their intention is to stay in Singapore for the long term.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should know that male children of PR's are required to serve NS when they attained the age of 18.

I don't trust the PR or FT kids in the army. The PAP will fall one day and the country will be returned to true Singaporean. Only True Singaporeans men should serve in SAF and they should be accorded better privileges and benefits for their sacrifice. Priority and privileges to school, medical, jobs, housing and transport.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't trust the PR or FT kids in the army. The PAP will fall one day and the country will be returned to true Singaporean. Only True Singaporeans men should serve in SAF and they should be accorded better privileges and benefits for their sacrifice. Priority and privileges to school, medical, jobs, housing and transport.

Then do you think PR and FT kids should serve NS?

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spent billion of dollars on military hardwares but spent peanuts on NS welfare. Even army regulars no more pension. Got will to fight?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is definitely an annoying bugbear on the Singaporean male's life.

To me, there's nothing special about SG citizenship. The same goes for the flag, the sovereignty, the countless rituals concocted to stir up patriotism.

I am apathetic to all of that. I definitely won't risk life and limb to defend them. There's no point.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am apathetic to all of that. I definitely won't risk life and limb to defend them. There's no point.

I would defend if the government take care of me and my family whilst i am still alive serving the nation or when i am killed during the battle! At least give all regulars pension scheme.