• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Prevalence of poor mental health increasing in Singapore; young adults have highest proportion at 25.3%

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...lth-young-adults-seek-help-moh-survey-3802531

SINGAPORE: Mental health has worsened in Singapore but more are willing to seek help, a survey conducted by the Ministry of Health (MOH) has found.

The ministry’s National Population Health Survey 2022, which was released on Wednesday (Sep 27), tracked the health, risk factors and lifestyle practices of Singapore residents aged 18 to 74, from July 2021 to June 2022.

Data was collected from around 8,000 adults through self-reported household interviews and about 9,000 adults through health examinations.

The survey findings showed that the prevalence of poor mental health increased from 13.4 per cent in 2020 to 17 per cent in 2022.

Younger adults aged 18 to 29 had the highest proportion of poor mental health at 25.3 per cent. The prevalence for other age groups was much lower, ranging from 10.5 per cent for those aged 60 to 74 to 19.4 per cent in those aged 30 to 39 years, results showed.

There were also more females (18.6 per cent) with poor mental health compared to males (15.2 per cent), according to the survey.

MORE WILLING TO SEEK HELP
At the same time, there was also an observed increase in the willingness of residents to seek help if they are constantly unable to cope with stress.

About 56.6 per cent of Singapore residents were willing to seek help from health professionals in 2022 - slightly lower than 58.3 per cent in 2021 but higher than 47.8 per cent in 2019.

Among the age groups, Singapore residents aged 60 to 74 years (48.1 per cent) were the least willing to seek help from healthcare professionals in 2022, while those aged 30 to 39 years (62 per cent) were the most willing.

Meanwhile, the proportion of residents willing to seek help from informal support networks such as friends and family rose to 79.7 per cent in 2022, up from 69.1 per cent in 2021 and 74.5 per cent in 2019.

Younger adults aged 18 to 29 years were most willing to seek help from these networks (88.1 per cent), while older adults aged 60 to 74 years were least willing (68.4 per cent).

The increased willingness to seek help for mental health issues "reflects continued public awareness of mental health and reduced stigma around mental health conditions”, said MOH in a joint press release with the Health Promotion Board (HPB).

On Wednesday, the authorities also noted that the Interagency Taskforce on Mental Health and Well-being is developing a national strategy to strengthen the mental health and well-being of the population.

In addition, efforts to increase mental health literacy, raise awareness of mental health services, and enhance community mental health services are ongoing, they added.

adaliedn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of my friends have mental health issues. Sometimes it seems to me that this is normal. I myself sometimes have attacks of aggression or stress. I understand that this is not normal and that is why I always have sedatives from partner pharmacy in my bag. It's sad that it happens quite often, but I understand in principle that now it's not scary to admit that a person has mental problems

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone are the days when we can call them retards….nowadays they are just “mentally challenged”

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone are the days when we can call them retards….nowadays they are just “mentally challenged”
Meanwhile at IMH
Nurse: "There is a walk-in patient who wants to see you immediately even though he doesn't have an appointment."
Doctor: "What is his complaint?"
Nurse: "He claims to be invisible."

Doctor: "I am extremely busy. Tell him that I can't see him right now"

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of my friends have mental health issues. Sometimes it seems to me that this is normal
I believe that it is due to extreme stress. I recall an episode of stress induced poor mental health when I felt drowsy, anxious, restless, fatigued, had blurred vision and difficulty sleeping with all manner of work-related problems plaguing me. It didn't help that I was consuming more caffeine than I should have owing to all that stress.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...lth-young-adults-seek-help-moh-survey-3802531

SINGAPORE: Mental health has worsened in Singapore but more are willing to seek help, a survey conducted by the Ministry of Health (MOH) has found.

The ministry’s National Population Health Survey 2022, which was released on Wednesday (Sep 27), tracked the health, risk factors and lifestyle practices of Singapore residents aged 18 to 74, from July 2021 to June 2022.

Data was collected from around 8,000 adults through self-reported household interviews and about 9,000 adults through health examinations.

The survey findings showed that the prevalence of poor mental health increased from 13.4 per cent in 2020 to 17 per cent in 2022.

Younger adults aged 18 to 29 had the highest proportion of poor mental health at 25.3 per cent. The prevalence for other age groups was much lower, ranging from 10.5 per cent for those aged 60 to 74 to 19.4 per cent in those aged 30 to 39 years, results showed.

There were also more females (18.6 per cent) with poor mental health compared to males (15.2 per cent), according to the survey.

MORE WILLING TO SEEK HELP
At the same time, there was also an observed increase in the willingness of residents to seek help if they are constantly unable to cope with stress.

About 56.6 per cent of Singapore residents were willing to seek help from health professionals in 2022 - slightly lower than 58.3 per cent in 2021 but higher than 47.8 per cent in 2019.

Among the age groups, Singapore residents aged 60 to 74 years (48.1 per cent) were the least willing to seek help from healthcare professionals in 2022, while those aged 30 to 39 years (62 per cent) were the most willing.

Meanwhile, the proportion of residents willing to seek help from informal support networks such as friends and family rose to 79.7 per cent in 2022, up from 69.1 per cent in 2021 and 74.5 per cent in 2019.

Younger adults aged 18 to 29 years were most willing to seek help from these networks (88.1 per cent), while older adults aged 60 to 74 years were least willing (68.4 per cent).

The increased willingness to seek help for mental health issues "reflects continued public awareness of mental health and reduced stigma around mental health conditions”, said MOH in a joint press release with the Health Promotion Board (HPB).

On Wednesday, the authorities also noted that the Interagency Taskforce on Mental Health and Well-being is developing a national strategy to strengthen the mental health and well-being of the population.

In addition, efforts to increase mental health literacy, raise awareness of mental health services, and enhance community mental health services are ongoing, they added.
Good proof many young sinki are Saw Hei?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Psychiatric adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccines: A rapid review of published case reports​

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9006421/

We found a total of 11 reports describing 14 cases of psychiatric reactions; these were mostly altered mental states, psychosis, mania, depression, and functional neurological disorder. The index case was commonly a young or middle-aged adult. All reports pertained to the use of either mRNA or vector-based vaccines.

It's time to wake the fuck up. :cool:

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that it is due to extreme stress. I recall an episode of stress induced poor mental health when I felt drowsy, anxious, restless, fatigued, had blurred difficulty sleeping with all manner of work-related problems plaguing me. It didn't help that I was consuming more caffeine than I should have owing to all that stress.
How not to have mental stress :
1. with BTO flat at $500K and above, take whole life to service housing loan with no saving for retirement.
2. Bringing up children are very costly,, milk power, education and maid are too expensive.
3. car with sky high COE price and high interest rate
4 job insecurity with hundreds of thousands of CECA Indians around to displace locals.
5. Taking care of old age parents

Surely suffer mental stress with so many things to worry!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. with BTO flat at $500K and above, take whole life to service housing loan with no saving for retirement.
2. Bringing up children are very costly,, milk power, education and maid are too expensive.
4 job insecurity with hundreds of thousands of CECA Indians around to displace locals.

Even KFC chickens become gila in those cramped KFC farms, how much better can Sinkies fare when they are treated as economic digits and squeezed into a snot-sized urban island? :rolleyes:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal

My mental health very good leh, living women-free life, unvaxxed. Earn money and then use money to enjoy hobbies and travel. Fuck care other things.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even KFC chickens become gila in those cramped KFC farms, how much better can Sinkies fare when they are treated as economic digits and squeezed into a snot-sized urban island?
I worry for the mental health of our youngsters with SG resembling an animal farm where people live cheek to jowl on a tiny island not meant to house more than 3.5 million residents. The sky high cost of living, expensive homes and cars and fierce competition for white collar jobs from foreigners make for a bleak future for young Sinkies.

Last edited:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I worry for the mental health of our youngsters with SG resembling an animal farm where people live cheek to jowl on a tiny island not meant to house more than 3.5 million residents. The sky high cost of living, expensive homes and cars and fierce competition for white collar jobs from foreigners make for a bleak future for young Sinkies.
Sky high cost is actually not related to Good Standard of living....in fact, it only mean our purchasing power has eroded drastically