• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dental Charges and Procedures in Singapore

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My last visit to the dentist was around a month ago and he told me that my crown which was done around 4 years ago was okay but the tooth itself continued to decay because of me not flossing well enough.

He said that I may need to extract the tooth at some future date and then do an implant. He quoted 4500 to 5500 for the implant.

What do you plan to do ? Did you ever consider just extract and stop there, live without that teeth ?
I need to forecast what I gonna do when my crown gone.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you plan to do ? Did you ever consider just extract and stop there, live without that teeth ?
I need to forecast what I gonna do when my crown gone.

I had talked to the dentist about simply extracting the tooth and end of story but he said that it would affect my grinding. To make matters worse, the tooth next to the molar also has been crowned ( but no further decay ). So he said that somewhere down the road I can expect to do an implant which he said would last more or less forever.

Anyway later got to see how my funds work out too.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had talked to the dentist about simply extracting the tooth and end of story but he said that it would affect my grinding. To make matters worse, the tooth next to the molar also has been crowned ( but no further decay ). So he said that somewhere down the road I can expect to do an implant which he said would last more or less forever.

Anyway later got to see how my funds work out too.

Wow crown next to each other. I was told if we leave a blankspace it will cause all other teeth to be forced sideway. Not sure how true and how long will this happen.
No wonder the old generation always decides to plug out all teeth and make full denture, once and for all. But full denture sucks, likely cannot taste yummy food.
Haiz headache.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow crown next to each other. I was told if we leave a blankspace it will cause all other teeth to be forced sideway. Not sure how true and how long will this happen.
No wonder the old generation always decides to plug out all teeth and make full denture, once and for all. But full denture sucks, likely cannot taste yummy food.
Haiz headache.

If money no problem, will go for implants all the way.
But at 4.5k to 5.5k each........

Maybe now GSS, dentist offer package, of implant 6 for the price of 4.
Can consider right???

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If money no problem, will go for implants all the way.
But at 4.5k to 5.5k each........

Maybe now GSS, dentist offer package, of implant 6 for the price of 4.
Can consider right???

I heard implant 1 already quite long and painful process you wanna impant 6 ?
Anyway need to add dental to topic of pathetic low life sinkie loser, so cham for dental problem.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meanwhile in the event of a tooth extraction, next solution is teeth implant, any forummers have got that done?. What's the experience and I know it's damn bloody expensive, easily 3k to 4k per tooth.

I got my implant done at Oliver Dental Surgery, Katong Branch, by Dr. Oliver. They use so-called Mini Drive Lock implants. The implantation of the screws was painless to me. But I experienced pain when biting after the crown had been attached to the screws. This pain went away after about 2 weeks of training the jaw to bite again after the tooth had been extracted half a year before. You cannot do the implantation straight away after extraction. The cost was about $2600 for one molar tooth. It might be cheaper if you are doing other teeth because they only need one screw per tooth. Molar tooth requires two screws.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got my implant done at Oliver Dental Surgery, Katong Branch, by Dr. Oliver. They use so-called Mini Drive Lock implants. The implantation of the screws was painless to me. But I experienced pain when biting after the crown had been attached to the screws. This pain went away after about 2 weeks of training the jaw to bite again after the tooth had been extracted half a year before. You cannot do the implantation straight away after extraction. The cost was about $2600 for one molar tooth. It might be cheaper if you are doing other teeth because they only need one screw per tooth. Molar tooth requires two screws.

Thanks for sharing.
Understand there is a few type of technology out there with regards to implants, as long as it works, can consider.

Is there any special care that need to be taken after the implant is done?
Or maintenance required, say after 6 months or yearly.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same rogue dentist in Changi Rd told me after bridging that she cannot gurantee integrity ie lasting 10 yrs after fixing my bridge...........!! After, not before; In short she said in same breathe that if I ate only porridge, I shud be okay

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there any special care that need to be taken after the implant is done?
Or maintenance required, say after 6 months or yearly.

It's been almost one year, and so far so good. Just normal brushing and flossing and your regular dental checkup. I try not to eat hard foods such as nuts, crackers and ikan bilis, although there doesn't seem to be any problem when I indulge in them at times. I have this fear that the crown will break apart or something bad will happen to the screws.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Come Bangkok it's a well known fact oral care is great here.

aileenong

It's been almost one year, and so far so good. Just normal brushing and flossing and your regular dental checkup. I try not to eat hard foods such as nuts, crackers and ikan bilis, although there doesn't seem to be any problem when I indulge in them at times. I have this fear that the crown will break apart or something bad will happen to the screws.

Hi Kryon,

I just got a mini implant for my premolar yesterday. And I can't stop worrying about the worse...bone loss, fail implant, showing screws, gum receding, etc.

May I ask how has your experience been for the last two years? Any risks and care to be mindful of? Any corrective measures I should take? I am only 25 this year and really worried that my face will collapse before I even hit 30...

worriedgirl

hi kryon, i just got a mini implant for my pre-molar. im only 25 this year and really wooried about potential side effects and risks that I was not careful in considering about when extracting the tooth... such as bone loss, receding gums, breaking/shifting of the screw...

How has your experience been so far and are there any tips/warnings for me? thanks very much really appreciate your help.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As you get older dental health becomes more critical because your teeth will wear down. Studies have also found a link between dental health & other health problem like heart problems.

Prevention is always better & cheaper. Things you can consider to improve your dental hygiene : get an electric tooth brush, start using an oral irrigator and going to the the dentist at least twice a year for scaling(clean up).

Ever since I started using a Braun electric tooth brush & Waterpik water flosser, the dentist has given me a clean bill each time I go for regular scaling.
I visit a dentist in Thailand & it costs 500 to 600 baht for cleaning. That's about $20 to $24.

You can find Water Pik flosser at the Handy Fix store in Novena or Takashimaya. I had a problem with my Water Pik after about 2 years, so I replaced it with an aquapick oral irrigator I found at Song Cho for $135. The unit is made in Korea, you can see it at their site www.aquapick.com .

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dentist charged me $115, breaks down as:

1. Consultation, examination and diagnosis

2. Scaling and polishing

3. Consumables (I think gloves, polishing paste, etc under here)

Consider reasonable?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dentist charged me $115, breaks down as:

1. Consultation, examination and diagnosis

2. Scaling and polishing

3. Consumables (I think gloves, polishing paste, etc under here)

Consider reasonable?

My dentist in Spore drives a Merc, so business must be ok :smile:

I go to a dentist when I am in LOS because they are so much cheaper. For only $25 a visit I can go to the dentist whenever I am in LOS which is more than 2 times a year. Also go to a barber there for $3

HotTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spent so much effort taking care of my aging teeth. Floss twice a day and brush three times a day and with nightly mouth rinse. Now got receding gum problem. Scared of implants and so far had 2 root canals and 4 crowns. Can't eat nuts, sweet n sour pork, troublesome

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How has your experience been so far and are there any tips/warnings for me?

So far still so good. One problem that I had when the crown was implanted: it was painful when I bite food. The pain subsided in 2 weeks by continuing to practise biting food. I didn't consult this problem with the good doctor who said I had 'soft bone'. I guess the bone and nervous tissue haven't acclimatised to the pressure of biting food after the implant. I am currently also taking at least 5000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily to help strengthen my bones and immunity.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spent so much effort taking care of my aging teeth. Floss twice a day and brush three times a day and with nightly mouth rinse. Now got receding gum problem. Scared of implants and so far had 2 root canals and 4 crowns. Can't eat nuts, sweet n sour pork, troublesome

Prior to using an electric tooth brush & water irrigator, I only used a manual toothbrush & dental floss but the results were not that good.
It all changed when I got an electric tooth brush & a water irrigator.

If only I had done it sooner, I could have avoided many of the painful problems.