• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Circumcision Options

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
https://www.sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=22577742&postcount=1925

https://www.drtanmedicalcenter.com.sg/

Please let me provide some more info on this.

Administratively there are several ways to go about paying for a circumcision:

1. In-Clinic Procedure (cash)

As pointed out in the posts above, most clinics charge between $2,200 and $3,000. For this you pay cash. You cannot use Medisave or claim insurance. This also has to be done under local anesthesia (i.e. awake with numbing). Some clinics offer installment plans like GRAB Pay-Later.

2. Using Insurance

For this, the surgery has to be done in an operating theater or a day surgery center. The total cost for this is higher because of the facility fees.

Depending on the details of your policy you may be able to claim 100% of the bill or less. The worst case scenario I have seen is you can claim 70% of the bill with a 5% co-pay.

Example:
Total bill $5,000
Insurance pay 70% = $3500
Your co-pay (5% of $3500) = $175
Your total payment = $1675 ($1500 + $175)
Your Medisave can pay $650
Your total cash out = $1025

For some insurances (like AIA) you can apply for a Guarantee of Payment. Just log into your e-benefits app then click on the LOG button. Once that is approved, you do not need to pay anything after the surgery. The operating theater will settle directly with the insurance.

For others (like NTUC), you need to pay the full bill upfront first then the operating theater will "e-file" the claim. Then when they get the money they will reimburse you. This can take 2 to 3 months.

Also, if you want to do the surgery under general anesthesia (asleep), then you have to do it in an operating theater. The total fees will be higher because you also need to pay for the anesthetist and the facility fee will be higher. So in the worst case scenario this is the math:

Example:
Total bill $7,000
Insurance pay 70% = $4900
Your co-pay (5% of $4900) = $245
Your total payment = $2345 ($2100 + $245)
Your Medisave can pay $650
Your total cash out = $1695

So my recommendation is this:
Check with your insurance agent. If your policy can cover 100% of the bill then fantastic. Even 90% is super good
Your agent would most likely ask you 2 questions:
1. Is the Circumcision medically necessary?
The answer is always "yes". Your doctor will know what diagnosis to put to make it so.
2. Can the hospital or operating theater efile?
This one you need to check with the doctor. The operating theater that I work with can e-file for all insurance companies so makes it easy.
Even if your policy is pro-rated to 70% with a co-pay, you will most of the time end up paying less than what you would pay in an in-clinic procedure.
Unless you cannot be bothered with all the admin and just want to get it done quickly then an in-clinic procedure paid in cash makes most sense.

The last caveat is when using insurance, there is always a small risk that the insurance finds a reason not to cover your procedure. Even with a letter of guarantee they can still do a 180 and decide not to pay for whatever reason they can think of. So far I have not come across such a scenario (knock on wood) but this is always a risk.

Hope this helps

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
should convert to I-SLUM 1st...............becoz circumcised dicks have no conscience...................more prone to rape and incest..................all these allowed by I-SLUM mah.........
That is Chinese culture you are insinuating. Malays merely comply under PAP.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very very very very very painful to circumcise when you are older. Even NSFs who did it, cannot walk properly for many days.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is very very very very very painful to circumcise when you are older. Even NSFs who did it, cannot walk properly for many days.

Not true. I went for the snip in my 20s. It was done at lunchtime at a GP office and I was back in the office by 3 pm for a meeting.

3 weeks later everything was back to normal.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make sure you jerked off, the morning of the procedure
It would be embarrassing if you had a flag raising during the event as it's being manhandled during the procedure.
Else, if anything were to go wrong, you had your last blast.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make sure you jerked off, the morning of the procedure
It would be embarrassing if you had a flag raising during the event as it's being manhandled during the procedure.
Else, if anything were to go wrong, you had your last blast.
There was once my charbo monitor accidentally bump into me, I can feel her softness, and she can also feel my hardness De woh

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. I went for the snip in my 20s. It was done at lunchtime at a GP office and I was back in the office by 3 pm for a meeting.

3 weeks later everything was back to normal.
Glad it it went well for you. I agree it doesn't bother some people because of GA but 2-3 hours discharge you, is super fast recovery for day surgery. Medically, it is not very careful.

But every dick is different; there are adult circumcision also experienced minor bleeding, dick pain, pee pain, walking pain for 2-4 weeks.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always thought you could DIY circumcision at home with some kitchen and barber tools.

20220215-kitchen-tongs-vicky-wasik-group-spruce-eats-1-6556c50f9ff24d7ca27fce21c170fecb.jpg