• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Daniel Ong and Jamie Teo kana bunknife by 12 cupcakes owner

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1607601210193.png

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...lty-to-underpaying-foreign-employees-13741196

In mitigation, the defence said that the new owners, India-based Dhunseri Group, had repaid the foreign employees the full sum owed to them.

He alleged that the new owners had continued the practice that was installed by the previous management - celebrities Daniel Ong and Jaime Teo.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daniel Ong now pushing all the blame to the recruiter. Do u believe this shit? As a boss, you don't know the actual pay given to your employees? Lol

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...lty-to-underpaying-foreign-employees-13741196

In response to queries by CNA, former owner Mr Ong said: "Hiring and contracts of foreign labour were handled by a third party external agent. We were only notified when the investigations started in 2019. My lawyers are currently handling the matter of this ongoing case.”

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If no minimum wage policy...how they know they are under paid ?
Precisely.

What the fuck does underpaid mean?

Compared to what? To who?

Isnt it willing employee willing employer?

I will say all the domestic maids in SG can do a super big class action lawsuit against SG govt and say underpaid too.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Spass type of thing has Been Going on for decades. I'm sure MOM knew and they are just lazy to prosecute. If they are to prosecute, all SME will close shop and go. The bigger picture is that the costs of running a business is too heavy with small market and ridiculous high costs to begin with. Mom knew it. But they choose to close all the eyes.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely.

What the fuck does underpaid mean?

It is a politely way to describe fraud because they are celebrities.

Eg. you declare your uneducated malaysian worker as having $3300 gross salary to qualify for S-pass (lower levy than work-permit).
Then every month, you make him sign a $3300 salary voucher and keep $1300 for yourself. He is only paid $2000

There are two frauds here:
1. You lie to MOM to pay lower levy.
2. You lie to IRAS by not declaring the $1300 cash income from each worker, every month.

It is really very common, more than a third of S-pass holders are under such arrangement.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It is a politely way to describe fraud because they are celebrities.

Eg. you declare your uneducated malaysian worker as having $3300 gross salary to qualify for S-pass (lower levy than work-permit).
Then every month, you make him sign a $3300 salary voucher and keep $1300 for yourself. He is only paid $2000

There are two frauds here:
1. You lie to MOM to pay lower levy.
2. You lie to IRAS by not declaring the $1300 cash income from each worker, every month.

It is really very common, more than a third of S-pass holders are under such arrangement.
Woah!

I see. Thanks for explaining. Totally not what I was thinking.

Yeah man that is fraud. Loophole in the MOM system?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah!

I see. Thanks for explaining. Totally not what I was thinking.

Yeah man that is fraud. Loophole in the MOM system?

MOM closes two eyes on this, unless the staff complains. It makes hiring foreigners cheaper and easier for towkays like @JohnTan
For the staff, after having S-pass for a few years, they can convert to PR.

Win-win, everyone is happy, so nothing to complain about.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
MOM closes two eyes on this, unless the staff complains. It makes hiring foreigners cheaper and easier for towkays like @JohnTan
For the staff, after having S-pass for a few years, they can convert to PR.

Win-win, everyone is happy, so nothing to complain about.

Yeah until someone complains.

These days it seems it no longer pays to be good and do the right things.

People keep saying dont be black or white. Think gray.

I have the same kind of dilemmas at work too.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah until someone complains.

These days it seems it no longer pays to be good and do the right things.

People keep saying dont be black or white. Think gray.

I have the same kind of dilemmas at work too.

Life is never pure black or white.
so, it is complex, and makes good people sad.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Life is never pure black or white.
so, it is complex, and makes good people sad.

It isnt.

So is there really any point in being good or bad?

I wish I was wired to be bad inherently instead of wanting to be good.