• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CSJ and wife opening cafe at rochester mall.....

punggy007

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ is not confident about Singapore's leaders. :cautious::eek::biggrin:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

11 h ·
We spent millions of dollars on practice after practice, bussing schoolchildren to the rehearsals, rolling out our military personnel, closing roads and causing massive jams, affecting businesses in the area – every Saturday since June! – and she cannot put in more effort to remember her steps?
Apparently, it was her 6th NDP and the most important occasion of the Presidency. It's not the missteps, it's an occasion where everyone puts in sweat to get things just right (hence the rehearsals) to inspire confidence in the nation.
I don’t think I’m engaging in hyperbole when I say that, together with everything that's happened of late, Singapore’s leadership is not inspiring confidence.
Our Orange & Teal outlet at Marina Square lost thousands of dollars in earnings over the period because of the road closures. Now that it’s over, come on down to the café this weekend, everyone!
Reserve a table @
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
: https://orangeandteal.oddle.me/en_SG/reservations
#sgentertainment #sgmusic #sgperfomances #singaporemusic #sgfoodstagram #cafés #sgfoods #sgeatout #coffeeplace #sglocalbusiness #delivery #cafesg #cafesingapore #foodiesingapore #café #cafehoppingsg #sgcoffee #singaporeinsiders #sgfoodtrend #sggoodfood

Support for O&T. Btw, can offer some discount for PG sinkies?

jw5

Loyal

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

6 h ·
This is the 2nd in a series of talks called Saturday Conversations at Orange & Teal (Reminder: The first talk, titled Rediscovering The Joy of Reading and Writing, will take place this Saturday, 30 Sep, 3-5pm.
Reserve a table @
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
here.
https://orangeandteal.oddle.me/en_SG/reservations
Speakers for next Saturday's (7 Oct) talk Critical Thinking:
Chew Keng Chuan is a consultant in philanthropy. He is an advocate of the arts in Singapore and a board member of the Intercultural Theatre Institute. He was chairman The Substation Ltd and co-chairman of the Harvard Alumni Interviewing Committee for Singapore.
Jolovan Wham is a social worker who works on migrant labour issues. He is also a member of the Transformative Justice Collective, a group that works to reform the criminal justice system in Singapore.
Kirsten Han is Managing Editor of Mekong Review, a quarterly Asia-focused literary magazine. She also runs We, The Citizens, a newsletter covering Singapore from a rights-based perspective. Kirsten is also a member of the Transformative Justice Collective.
May be an image of 4 people and text that says CriticalThinking What is it and how to getit We've heard about it many times before and been told it's important to have it. But what exactly is critical think- ing, why is it important for society and, more important- ly, how do we develop an independent and critical mind? Three speakers will grapple with these questions at Orange & Teal (Rochester) on 7 October 2023, Saturday, 3-5 pm. Join us then. Kirsten Han Chew Keng Chuan Jolovan Wham

jw5

Loyal
CSJ thanks a group of aunties. :o-o::confused::tongue:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

10 h ·
With Team BB distributing mooncakes and lanterns to little (and not-so-little) residents at BB MRT Station last night to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. It was a humid evening and a group of aunties bought us drinks. Thank you ladies! Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites you to his cafe for music and food. :biggrin:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

1 d ·
Remember The Western Union Band with their hit ‘Sausalito’? Or the The Quests’ ‘Shanty’ which – jokes aside – knocked The Beatles’ ‘I Should Have Known Better’ off the top of the local charts in 1964? Or The Crescendos? Thunderbirds?
The pop music industry in Singapore thrived in the 1960s and even 70s. But it all somehow came to an abrupt end and the industry never really recovered.
What happened? Why did our local musicians just fade away? More importantly, can it be revived?
Mr Ernesto Valerio, a well-know veteran musician who’s been playing on the island since the 1960s, will take us down memory lane, relive the glory days and, perhaps, tell us why our music scene died.
With him is Mr Dansen John, a talented musician in his 30s, who’ll talk about the ups and downs of being a performer in the contemporary local pop scene and, more importantly, what’s in store for young musicians.
In between, they’ll sing a hit or two for us. What a cool way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Reserve a table @
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
here.
(Reminder: The talk titled “Critical Thinking: What Is It and How Do I Get It?” will take place this Saturday, 7 Oct, 3-5pm. More info:
https://www.facebook.com/cheesoonjuan/posts/pfbid0D3joVro3nqsmozGadP6b7xXE9NbYN6HifRTwEgStDrKdBPFuucMbZ1EM4eBwMkx8l)
May be an image of 6 people, guitar and text that says 331975PF Saturday Conversations Presents MLSIC THE CRESCENDOS DIED Speakers: Mr. Twister rankie PHILIPS POP MUSIC IN S'PORE THRIVED IN THE 1960S AND 70S. BUT IT ALL CAME TO AN ABRUPT END AND THE INDUSTRY NEVER REALLY RECOVERED. WHAT HAPPENED? WHATLIES AHEAD FOR OUR MUSICIANS? Ernesto Valeiro Dansen John 14 OCTOBER 2023 SATURDAY, 3-5 PM Orange & Teal, Rochester Mall

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites you to his cafe to listen to Glen Goei. :wink:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

8 h ·
There is no better person to speak on this matter than Glen Goei. Hear how Goei succeeded in the film industry as he takes us through his illustrious creative career as a producer, director and actor.
Make a reservation @
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
:
Goei is multi award-winning artistic director of Mu-Lan Arts in London - the first Asian theatre company in the UK. He also starred opposite Anthony Hopkins in M Butterfly for which he was nominated for the Olivier Award. He was also signed by Miramax for a picture deal. He is currently the associate artistic director of the Singapore company, W!LD RICE, and a frequent director for the theatre group, Dream Academy.

395137133_855127119316894_3022230935106596577_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
CSJ thinks the PAP is in trouble. :cautious::eek::biggrin:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

8 h ·
The PAP is in trouble and DPM Lawrence Wong knows it.
That’s why Mr Wong is now trying to reframe the picture and re-position his party for the next general elections.
He said yesterday, launching the Singapore Forward report, that the Singapore Dream is no longer just about the 5Cs.
Let’s be clear, there’s no 5Cs – it died a long time ago. The PAP has not been able to deliver what it promised Singaporeans all these years and now it is practising the art of distraction.
As retrenchment and unemployment grow, and the cost of living skyrockets, the PAP is desperately trying to shift attention away from its broken promises by telling Singaporeans that life is more than just the 5Cs. It’s not just about “I, me, and mine,” Mr Wong says, “it’s more about we, us, and ours.”
Before we switch pronouns, he should first explain why he and his cabinet colleagues say “I, me mine” when it comes to their million-dollar salaries and “us, we and ours” when it comes to the people having to live with biting inflation.
He should also explain why he is giving Singaporeans another financial whack when he increases the GST to 9% next year.
Third, he should address the question of why his fellow ministers, K Shanmugam and Vivian Balakrishnan, rent gigantic government bungalows when ordinary citizens are made to live in tiny HDB flats.
Even more unbelievably, Mr Wong says that the Singapore Forward manifesto “is not a top down government agenda.”
So, what does he call his party dictating to Singaporeans what, where and when we can speak; continues to use defamation suits and POFMA directives against its critics; and introduces election laws that cripple the opposition?
He waxes lyrical that Singaporean lives should be about “fulfilment, meaning and purpose”.
Here’s a question for Mr Wong: How does he expect citizens to live meaningful and purpose-filled when the police even investigate one lone individual for holding up a sign calling for peace in Israel and Palestine – and at Speaker’s Corner to boot? How much more meaningless can our citizenship be?
For Singaporeans to truly live fulfilled lives, we need to be empowered in our own country and to be able to exercise the full franchise of our citizenship.
To experience a meaningful existence in this country, citizens should not have to whisper when we criticise our rulers.
To lead lives with purpose, we need to know that Singapore is our home, not just a hotel.
Everything else is just words – words that Mr Wong and his party mates will no doubt repeat, quite emptily, at the next GE.
May be an image of 1 person and text that says Us, we and ours?

jw5

Loyal

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

1 d ·
Join us at Orange & Teal for a thoughtful Saturday Conversation on 4th November from 3-5pm at Rochester Mall. We are honoured to host Glen Goei, an award-winning artistic director and a vibrant beacon in the creative industry
️

Dive into a meaningful discussion on 'Creativity vs Pragmatism' and gain a wealth of insights from his illustrious career in arts and theatre. Don’t miss this opportunity to engage in a stimulating dialogue that promises to be as enlightening as it is inspiring
1f929.png

Make your reservation today: https://orangeandteal.oddle.me/en_SG/reservations
1f33f.png

#sgevent #sgevents #singaporerestaurant #sgfoodplaces #sgdining #sglocalbusiness #sgcafehopping #sgcafes #sglocal #sginfluencer #sgrestaurant #cafehop #localcoffeeshop #supportlocalsg #sgcafe #cafelover #sgeats #coffeestory #cafegram #cafelife

398547123_859330532229886_8363162547173158628_n.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

1 d ·
Join us at Orange & Teal for a thoughtful Saturday Conversation on 4th November from 3-5pm at Rochester Mall. We are honoured to host Glen Goei, an award-winning artistic director and a vibrant beacon in the creative industry
️

Dive into a meaningful discussion on 'Creativity vs Pragmatism' and gain a wealth of insights from his illustrious career in arts and theatre. Don’t miss this opportunity to engage in a stimulating dialogue that promises to be as enlightening as it is inspiring
1f929.png

Make your reservation today: https://orangeandteal.oddle.me/en_SG/reservations
1f33f.png

#sgevent #sgevents #singaporerestaurant #sgfoodplaces #sgdining #sglocalbusiness #sgcafehopping #sgcafes #sglocal #sginfluencer #sgrestaurant #cafehop #localcoffeeshop #supportlocalsg #sgcafe #cafelover #sgeats #coffeestory #cafegram #cafelife

398547123_859330532229886_8363162547173158628_n.jpg
looks very gay.

• Haha
Reactions: jw5

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Owned by Ah Chee? Or just same name? Or franchise?
this one is high end. opens on evenings, thursdays thru saturday only. owner is former jap chef at french laundry in napa. thomas keller the most famous and successful chef in californicate was his mentor and boss. gwyneth paltrow die die must try there.

Reactions: jw5

adaliedn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool, I've always dreamed of having my own cafe. I remember how I once visited rainbow one cafe and it was quite wonderful, but I forgot my wallet there and turned to rainbow lodge houston customer service. I went back for it the next day and decided to have a cup of coffee. There was so much delicious coffee that I even got fired up with the idea of opening my own cafe

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites you to his cafe to discuss the arts, censorship and the economy. :cool:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

6 h ·
Lim Chiao Woon is an art collector and runs an art gallery at Haji Lane. He is working to help Singapore find its place in the global arts scene.
Dr Woon Tien Wei is an artist/curator with a doctorate in Creative Art. His work focuses on cultural policies, collectivity in art, and social movements. He lectures part-time at Lasalle College of the Arts.
Jennifer Teo is a cultural worker working on the preservation of the Bukit Brown Cemetery. Together with Dr Woon, she ran the Post-Museum cultural space from 2007-2011.
Make a reservation @
1f34a.png
&
1f966.png
:
[Reminder]:
"Creativity vs Pragmatism"
Speaker: Glen Goei
3-5pm, 4 November 2023 (Saturday)
May be art of text that says Orange & Teal Saturday Conversations present The Arts Censorship, and The Economy Is censorship hampering the development of the arts in Singapore? If so, what is the cultural, intellectual, and economic cost to the country? Speakers: Lim Chiao Woon Artist and art collector 11 November 2023 Saturday, 3-5 pm Orange & Teal, Rochester Dr Woon Tien Wei Artist and art curator Jennifer Teo Artist and activist

jw5

Loyal
CSJ invites you to his cafe for a Saturday Conversation. :cool:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

11 h ·
Speakers' profiles:
Anngee Neo is an illustrator whose unique style covers prominent issues that cut across the various sectors of Singaporean culture. Using her art and podcast, "the Unlocking series", Anngee pierces through topics like history, culture and feminism.
Dan “The Good Citizen” Wong, has created works of art for many brands large and small. His artistic endeavours frequently take a comedic and satirical tone to the one thing he loves the most: Singaporean affairs.
Jon Wang is deeply interested in political discourse and takes umbrage at the current state of political discussions in Singapore and wishes to change that.
Anngee, Dan and Jon co-host a local podcast called Longkangkitties where they discuss local news and politics, kopitiam style. The podcast has been running for 6 years with over 150 episodes of audio and livestreams.
Make a reservation:
Reminder of this Saturday's (11 Nov) Conversation:
"The Arts, Censorship and The Economy"
May be an image of 2 people and text that says Boomers VS the Gens Are differences in values between Boomers and Gen X, Z” real? From technology adoption to climate change to work-life balance, how do these generations view the present and tackle the future? How divisive is the gen gap and how will it affect policy-making? Join us on Saturday Conversations 18 November 2023, Saturday, 3-5 pm Orange & Teal, Rochester Speakers: Anngee Neo Illustrator Dan Wong Illustrator & Satirist Jon Wang Entrepreneur

jw5

Loyal
CSJ hands out Deepavali goodies. :thumbsup:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

7 h ·
Handing out Deepavali goodies to our Hindu residents at Bukit Batok. Caught many of them busy with their celebration preparations and even had the chance to sample their delectable holiday delicacies. Happy Deepavali, everyone!

369654573_863899398439666_7965061564803945151_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
CSJ will be announcing exciting and meaningful activities in the coming months. :biggrin:

Chee Soon Juan 徐顺全

1 d ·
The SDP held the opening ceremony of our new party office at WCEGA Tower at Bukit Batok yesterday. We've moved from our previous old office at Ang Mo Kio to BB to get closer to the constituencies where we'll be campaigning for the next GE.
We'll be announcing exciting and meaningful activities in the coming months, and we hope that you'll come by our HQ - the epicentre of political change in Singapore.