• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cockup parenting Singapore style

Submarine22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at coffeeshop the other day and saw a not so young couple with a young son (at least 7 years old)

The couple was having their meals and the kid was playing his handheld game. It looks like the kid was supposed to eat but was more interested in his game because the father was trying to feed him. All this time the kid didn't even look up from his game while the stupid father was scooping porridge into the basterd's mouth. The stupid dad cannot even tell the son to stop and eat. At one point some of the congee got on his face (because the basterd wasn't even looking at what he was eating) and (without looking up) he said "HEY!", then the stupid father said "oh, sorry" and wiped his mouth for him. The basterd was still playing the game.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with such parenting? What will our next generation become if all are like that?????

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can hear the echoes: "Aiyah, children don't know mah. Adult should know better and don't be so small gas. Anyway, mind your own family business, other family none of your business."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not you bro, these things gets to me as well. Certainly poor parenting. Same father will be visiting the kid in changi in years to come.

Was at coffeeshop the other day and saw a not so young couple with a young son (at least 7 years old)

The couple was having their meals and the kid was playing his handheld game. It looks like the kid was supposed to eat but was more interested in his game because the father was trying to feed him. All this time the kid didn't even look up from his game while the stupid father was scooping porridge into the basterd's mouth. The stupid dad cannot even tell the son to stop and eat. At one point some of the congee got on his face (because the basterd wasn't even looking at what he was eating) and (without looking up) he said "HEY!", then the stupid father said "oh, sorry" and wiped his mouth for him. The basterd was still playing the game.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with such parenting? What will our next generation become if all are like that?????

Submarine22

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can hear the echoes: "Aiyah, children don't know mah. Adult should know better and don't be so small gas. Anyway, mind your own family business, other family none of your business."

Other family business of course it is their business and none of mine. But that kid will form part of our SOCIETY later on. The society that me and you are also a part of. What if the kid become MP or something like that....jia lat man!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other family business of course it is their business and none of mine. But that kid will form part of our SOCIETY later on. The society that me and you are also a part of. What if the kid become MP or something like that....jia lat man!

Too late.. my suspicion is our younger MPs were brought up this way. :mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tell you all a real life story. I was at a NTUC FairPrice trying to buy some instant noodles. I wasn't shopping or window-shopping, I simply wanted to buy some instant noodles and go. I knew what I wanted and headed straight for the shelves. There's a kid there (I guess about 5 to 7 year old, either kindergarten or primary one). He's squatting down there blocking the shelves holding what I wanted. So I said, in Chinese, translated to "excuse me little friend, can let me take a few packets?" The reply shot back at me shocked me, "can't you see I'm busy choosing?" Even more shocking was to follow up, "you not happy go talk to my father, wait he beats you up then you know." Suddenly, I was overwhelmed by a sense of patience instead of anger or urgency. I coolly walked away and looked for his father.

I found him in a matter of minutes. He's not a big man or of particularly hooligan-looking kind. I told him what his son told me. He apologised to me profusely but his rejoinder was telling, "kids don't know, we adults should know better."

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
He apologised to me profusely but his rejoinder was telling, "kids don't know, we adults should know better."

That's bad. End of apology, wack you with a last shot that you were petty. I suppose "apology" was becos you were bigger than him?:confused::biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Would you prefer he become a MP or the poor young man who got caning and jail for stealing a rifle. I heard he was brought up in a very disciplined manner by his uncle.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's bad. End of apology, wack you with a last shot that you were petty. I suppose "apology" was becos you were bigger than him?:confused::biggrin:

I'm not a big man either. But it's my neighbourhood. Only I beat people up. Little kid cattle don't know tiger. The father recognise the tiger. :biggrin:

It's not a joke. A lesser would have been bullied or even beaten up. Why the kid said that? Because he's seen his father bullying or beating up people before. Why his father apologised to me? Because he's seen me do worse than what he's capable of. Like Bruce Lee, speak with your tongue first, if unconvincing, let the fist speak.

Anyway, the deeper moral of my story is meant to be, spoiled kids can lead parents into trouble. What if the kid offended the wrong guy who beat up his parents seriously?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a big man either. But it's my neighbourhood. Only I beat people up. Little kid cattle don't know tiger. The father recognise the tiger. :biggrin:

It's not a joke. A lesser would have been bullied or even beaten up. Why the kid said that? Because he's seen his father bullying or beating up people before. Why his father apologised to me? Because he's seen me do worse than what he's capable of. Like Bruce Lee, speak with your tongue first, if unconvincing, let the fist speak.

Anyway, the deeper moral of my story is meant to be, spoiled kids can lead parents into trouble. What if the kid offended the wrong guy who beat up his parents seriously?

Looks like a rough neighbourhood u're living in.. Balestier, Geylang, Bukit Merah? :confused::biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Children are the future slaves for the Government, they are No.1 status in SG you dunno meh? lol

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, run a million miles away from such "weakling kid".
2. and if you ever meet eye to eye with such individual, just treat him or her as an individual and mind our own biz.
3. whether the kid lives or dies, just let it be!
4. it is parenting cum education at large.
5. honest, i have met such "kids" before, my nephew and niece.
6. i don't lift a finger or utter a word to them, wasting my energy to spoilt brats.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have met well educated parents who have allowed kids to break open items in supermarkets and consume them.

Can't beat PRC parents - a small buffalo seated inside the trolley. I am talking about 7 to 8 year kids.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hardest are kids of relatives. It will take about 20 years before the parents come to you and admit that they stuffed up. This usually happens when the money is gone.

hi there

1. bro, run a million miles away from such "weakling kid".
2. and if you ever meet eye to eye with such individual, just treat him or her as an individual and mind our own biz.
3. whether the kid lives or dies, just let it be!
4. it is parenting cum education at large.
5. honest, i have met such "kids" before, my nephew and niece.
6. i don't lift a finger or utter a word to them, wasting my energy to spoilt brats.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor examples of bad parenting Are a dim a dozen!

Like the child who uttered he want to fix the opposition

and the child who doesn't want to resign after losing billions of taxpayers monies