• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

City Harvest and Buddhism.Let's compare.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hahahaha !

As an atheist Theravada Buddhist, I don't believe in marriage.

Nothing is permanent and unchangeable. Love and emotions do fade and alter. That's why there are divorces. Marriage is a state of delusion hoping for something to last even though it goes against the nature of all things to change. Just like chasing after an invisible man in the sky hoping for eternal salvation ...

Good for you, at least, you are earnest with your belief not like some fakes. :eek::rolleyes:

Salvation ? To each his own. :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nothing is permanent and unchangeable. Love and emotions do fade and alter. That's why there are divorces. Marriage is a state of delusion hoping for something to last even though it goes against the nature of all things to change. Just like chasing after an invisible man in the sky hoping for eternal salvation ...

lucky lim peh is not buddhist :wink:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
A branch of bloody looking evil bastard using God as their tool to suck people money, bring bad image to the real Christians and still not repenting!!!

:oIo:

[video=youtube;L2xB1denYCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xB1denYCY&feature=related[/video]

This is not the right way of using Buddhism. Further more, when you start with "evil bastard" you are already violating the Buddhist rule.

Seriously, does Buddhism not have black sheep just like Christianity? This has all to do with human heart, as long as there are greed, there are people who would abuse the trust of followers. Shaolin temple is a very good example, it has turned into a place for commerical gain with little reference to Buddhism. The monks there may be reciting Buddhist script every morning, noon and night, but the activities suggest little for spiritual practice.

The difference we can make is our reaction to such incidents. If there is a case against an abbot of a temple, would you be reacting the same way as CHC members or would you instead urge the abbot to come clean? Ming Yi is a very good example, the whole revelation tells us more than just embezzlement, questions arises even on his intimate relationship with his assistant! Yet when he is out of jail, he received a grand welcome back from his temple and still maintaining a large followings. there is not a single shread of regrets in him even after much desecration of Lord Buddha's name.

If we treasure our own religion, we need to be critical of our own actions. If we can't even achieve this, do we even have the right to criticise others of their responsibilities to their religion?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

lucky lim peh is not buddhist :wink:

err.... I have no idea which Theravada Buddhism does Kryonlight come from and he is giving wrong erception of Buddhism on marriage. Theravada Buddhism does not really speak against marriage.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

err.... I have no idea which Theravada Buddhism does Kryonlight come from and he is giving wrong erception of Buddhism on marriage. Theravada Buddhism does not really speak against marriage.

really ? why religions so confusing ? everyone got their own " versions "

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

really ? why religions so confusing ? everyone got their own " versions "

If hardcore Theravada Buddhism is not against marriage and sex, you would see the Buddha alongside a certain prophetic man screwing 1024 virgins in Tavatimsa heaven.

Really, there's nothing wrong with marriage. It's just how you view it, and the view from hardcore Theravada Buddhism is quite different from yours. It's all about perceptions. So long as you are satisfied and happy with your perception of marriage, everything is just fine.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If hardcore Theravada Buddhism is not against marriage and sex, you would see the Buddha alongside a certain prophetic man screwing 1024 virgins in Tavatimsa heaven.

Really, there's nothing wrong with marriage. It's just how you view it, and the view from hardcore Theravada Buddhism is quite different from yours. It's all about perceptions. So long as you are satisfied and happy with your perception of marriage, everything is just fine.

Its not hardcore lah! Just mundane or supramundane views only.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

its all about perceptions ? so if i think i am happy to steal , rob , rape...ect then also can consider everything fine ?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Do NOT Entertain A Pure Idiot

I can see from your writing, there's nothing. You are a loser. What fight ? Mai ghorng lun jiao way lah. You can't even fight properly and you want a MASTER to entertain you ? KNN ! :eek::rolleyes:

You are NOT even fit to lift my slippers. Dumb ! Cock people loves to talk cock.

frabz-what-if-I-told-you-youre-a-dickhead-9654ea.jpg

Jesus teaches you to insult others? :oIo:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

its all about perceptions ? so if i think i am happy to steal , rob , rape...ect then also can consider everything fine ?

Yes, it's all about perceptions. The degree of delusion is the case of your perception of marriage is obviously much less than the degree of delusion in the above case.

Welcome to the power of perceptions! Do you perceive a God in the sky? He is talking to you!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, it's all about perceptions. The degree of delusion is the case of your perception of marriage is obviously much less than the degree of delusion in the above case.

Welcome to the power of perceptions! Do you perceive a God in the sky? He is talking to you!

no i dont believe in god :wink: all about perception whahahahaha:wink: thats why buddisum is also a silly religion :wink:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

no i dont believe in god :wink: all about perception whahahahaha:wink: thats why buddisum is also a silly religion :wink:

Without perceptions, there would be no expressions. However you perceive something, that is how you express it. It's because of the diversity in perceptions that there are diversity in expressions in this religious folder. It's just too bad you chased Kinana away.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Without perceptions, there would be no expressions. However you perceive something, that is how you express it. It's because of the diversity in perceptions that there are diversity in expressions in this religious folder. It's just too bad you chased Kinana away.

i didnt chase him away ..he left on his own ...i wanted him to come in so that i can sayang him but he dont want .

not all diversity in perception is good :wink:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

If hardcore theravada buddhism is agsint marriage and sex, then there will not be any layman followers to this discipline. I consider Theravada Buddhism as the most primitive and closest to the original Buddha's teaching and base on what I learn, Buddha has never tell people not to have sex or marriage. He did provide a guidelines on what is the right behaviour for married couples and responsibility towards sexual activities.

If abstenance is what you referring to regarding sex, then it only applies to monkhood when a person put more commitment to rid of worldly cravings and attain inner peace.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you that nothing is permanant and unchangeable and one thing you need to know is that marriage is more of a financial contract and not one base on love. those getting married for love alone will more likely to fail which will lead to your prediction of divorce.

In maariage, one commits to building a family, reproduction of next generation and take care of your life partner till death do us part. This means that one must give and continue to provide for a marriage to work. Don't you realise that marriage base on love fails because one of both sides failing to give and prefers to wait for the other side to contribute? Blaming on impermanance is a lazy excuse for failure.

Marriage is not a concept of God because marriage also occurs in ancient times at places where God did not exist.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If abstenance is what you referring to regarding sex, then it only applies to monkhood when a person put more commitment to rid of worldly cravings and attain inner peace.

Obviously, you have never heard of the eight precepts when you speak in this manner.

The Buddha actively encouraged monks and lay followers to put commitment to rid of cravings (craving is worldly, by the way) and attain unworldly happiness.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an05/an05.176.than.html