• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Lunar New Year food stuff & Peanut Cookies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you notice that the food stuff and peanuts cookies prices have gone up but the packing container sizes have gone smallers? :( :mad:

DSCN3540.JPG

homemade-peanut-cookies.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u got c sinkielan hauses? ...

prices oso gone up ... n sizes oso gone smaller ...

juz follow la ... wat else? ...

Chloe

Alfrescian
Loyal
We may not need to celebrate CNY in future as Singapore will be full of indians and pinoys!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worse is, a lot of these so called handmade cookies(hence higher price) are actually factory machined made. I bought a box of love letter from Chinatown for 4.50 and it taste the same like the 11.50 handmade one my boss bought.
did u tel ur boss dat? ...

lesMISERABLES

Alfrescian
Loyal
The peanuts in those cookies are from PRC and so are watermelon seeds.

They contain excessive levels of pesticides and preservatives.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hard to find things that are not made in PRC. Even the women we fucked are from there :(

Post war SINgapore, the British allowed China women to come here, for there were more Chinese men than women... this is the second wave? maybe third??

Last edited:

SichuanMeiMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post war SINgapore, the British allowed China women to come here, for there were more Chinese men than women... this is the second wave? maybe third??

They allowed the Chinese women to come then. Now, they allow all sort of women and men to come :(

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Worse is, a lot of these so called handmade cookies(hence higher price) are actually factory machined made. I bought a box of love letter from Chinatown for 4.50 and it taste the same like the 11.50 handmade one my boss bought.

also the same one that cost me $23!!! from a premier bakery!!! i was told no staff to make cookies anymore...many from the same factory ...and many from malaysia!!!

china selling three for $10!!!!!..same same

no more hand-made cookies anymore - damned sad!!!!!!!!!!!!:( we have lost one generation of cookies makers!!!! many of our parents have stopped making and many have passed on.....what a big loss. the young ones no time for such cookies...buy and eat only....

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
We may not need to celebrate CNY in future as Singapore will be full of indians and pinoys!

You'll be surprised that many Pinoys in Manila also celebrate CNY during the last 10 years or so. President Aquino had declared the first day of Lunar New Year a national holiday except when it falls on a Sunday. Why? Pinoys are kowtowing to the Chinks because of the rise of China as a major economic power. It's good that CNY falls on a Sunday this year.

Many Ang Mohs living in major cities like San Francisco, LA, NYC, Sydney, Melbourne, Vancouver, where there's a large Chink population, also celebrate CNY because they are kowtowing to the Chinks. As China gets richer, more and more non-Chinese are also celebrating CNY.

Even President Obama has to officially extends CNY best wishes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umamdVVGMJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

PooBorKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
no more hand-made cookies anymore - damned sad!!!!!!!!!!!!:( we have lost one generation of cookies makers!!!! many of our parents have stopped making and many have passed on.....what a big loss. the young ones no time for such cookies...buy and eat only....

Miss the good old days when my grandma will be sitting outside the house with the charcoal stove and making all these goodies.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mandarin orleng kept in freezer for 1 year ++ so becareful what you buy.

Why prices go up during CNY? No gahmen control essentials CNY stuff meh?

In Australia gahmnen fine retailers up food prices in Christmas. $M dollars sinkie chenghu ministers cho boh lan jiak leow bee.

Forgotten, chenghu is GLCs is NTUC is retailers is contruction companies is largest landlord in Sinkingpore.

Ripping off Sinkies in CNY for GDP growth.

Do you notice that the food stuff and peanuts cookies prices have gone up but the packing container sizes have gone smallers? :( :mad:

View attachment 9003

View attachment 9004

Last edited:

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother, heard that they spray a type of chemical on the food to keep it for so long? Is that true?

From what I know is they spray a chemical to make them orange colour on the outside. Without spraying the chemical, Mandarin and oranges are naturally yellowish green in colour.

Any type of food can be sprayed with Formaldehyde to keep them fresh without refrigeration. It's the same chemical being used by the undertakers to preserve dead bodies before the funeral.

Last edited:

KNNBSCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

]

Just wait for CNY eve, then go Chinatown and 'sweep'. Most items would be selling for reduced price.

KNNBSCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I know is they spray a chemical to make them orange colour on the outside. Without spraying the chemical, Mandarin and oranges are naturally yellowish green in colour.

I wonder if those fruit and vegetable detergent works? Nowadays, I soaked my veggies for quite awhile before cooking them.