• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Lunar New Year food stuff & Peanut Cookies

StinkiePeasants

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if those fruit and vegetable detergent works? Nowadays, I soaked my veggies for quite awhile before cooking them.

I'm not a food toxicology expert and I can't answer your question.

What I do is buy organic food as much as possible. If I can't find a fruit or vegetable that is organic, I usually soak and rinse them with water thoroughly before cooking. Detergents contain carcinogenic chemical called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and I won't use detergents to wash my non-organic fruits and vegetables.

Read the article linked below to learn about the risk of exposing to too much SLS.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/13/sodium-lauryl-sulfate.aspx

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is said to catch mices from longkang better than buy chicken. longkang mices no hormone injections.

I'm not a food toxicology expert and I can't answer your question.

What I do is buy organic food as much as possible. If I can't find a fruit or vegetable that is organic, I usually soak and rinse them with water thoroughly before cooking. Detergents contain carcinogenic chemical called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and I won't use detergents to wash my non-organic fruits and vegetables.

Read the article linked below to learn about the risk of exposing to too much SLS.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/13/sodium-lauryl-sulfate.aspx

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fruit or food? Fruit like mandarin orleng for CNY, yes, spray something to keep till CNY can sell higher prices, bastard chinaman.

Is its true that man dar ling orleng is heaty?? Some like to eat it with the woody veins, some will religiously pick them clean...what is your pick? I just peal the skin & stuff the lot in the mouth & spit out the seeds.

KNNBSCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is its true that man dar ling orleng is heaty?? Some like to eat it with the woody veins, some will religiously pick them clean...what is your pick? I just peal the skin & stuff the lot in the mouth & spit out the seeds.

Mandarin orange produces a lot of phlegm. Don't eat it when you are coughing.

Alfrescian
Loyal

I eat along with the veins, it has alots of fibers :smile:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I eat along with the veins, it has alots of firbre :smile:

I used to sun the tangerine skins for my mum, to be used for cooking..nowadays nobody does that anymore. I tried one year to use the surplus tangerines to sook Tangerine chicken...hmmm I forgot to remove the veins...the entire pot tasted bitter..wasted one chicken!!

lesMISERABLES

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother, heard that they spray a type of chemical on the food to keep it for so long? Is that true?

Yes, it is a practice worldwide. My Kiwi friend told me so. Not only mandarin oranges, but also apples, pears, oranges, lemons, etc....

Last edited: