• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I persuade you all to get dual citizenship?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was one of the main reasons why I joined SBF at the start a decade ago. To persuade you guys that world is your oyster. One must learn to have options. If you have passed that part of your journey, do it for your kids or grandkids. Please take this seriously. At least go pick up the application form from the high commission or embassy. It's is not a zero sum game. You can still live and work in Singapore if you can't live without KTV, Laksa or the sight of Ho Ching.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
But have spend time there physically as one of their statutory requirement:( I got aged parent who don't want to move:(

Frankly, any good adviCe?

This was one of the main reasons why I joined SBF at the start a decade ago. To persuade you guys that world is your oyster. One must learn to have options. If you have passed that part of your journey, do it for your kids or grandkids. Please take this seriously. At least go pick up the application form from the high commission or embassy. It's is not a zero sum game. You can still live and work in Singapore if you can't live without KTV, Laksa or the sight of Ho Ching.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perfectly good reason.

Take a different approach which I have suggested to others over the years. Here are the steps and these are what I mean by options;

1. Still apply and in most cases you would have to up to 5 years to exercise without including the waiting period for the application to be go thru. You can then make the decision to move when you are already in possession of the appropriate documents.

2) Parents are fragile and naturally worry to much especially when they are elderly. No need to tell the parents anything and no point worrying them until you make the decision. Things can change in 7 years. There are others who have successfully got extension from their new country.

3) Parents can be part of the equation. All elderly parents will say no as they are afraid of the unknown. I know of elderly parents who objected fiercely but now relishing a new life. Here is one story. This lady who objected is now flying into Singapore on a yearly basis on airfare paid from allowances provided by the state and for the first time she feels powerful and independent. She was a housewife all her life. Her problem is that she must carry 10 kg bag of rice as she flies into Singapore to give to her sister. Even though rice is cheaper here. Its symbolic but very powerful to her.

Just apply and think later. People ask me and I tell them to show me the commitment first by applying first. Once approval received, I will sit down and give all the advice that I can.

But have spend time there physically as one of their statutory requirement:( I got aged parent who don't want to move:(

Frankly, any good adviCe?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of countries even Mauritius if you buy a house over a certain limit. Most people will go for the 5 most popular 1st world countries.
UK
USA,
Australia
Canada
NZ

These have various programmes and can handle and accomodate migrants especially kids.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
One must learn to have options. If you have passed that part of your journey, do it for your kids or grandkids. Please take this seriously. At least go pick up the application form from the high commission or embassy. It's is not a zero sum game. You can still live and work in Singapore if you can't live without KTV, Laksa or the sight of Ho Ching.

hehe...dats why i study for MBA...2 yrs course - one yr in Sinkapore, 2nd yr will be overseas...and while i am there, i will try to look for job there....my current migration score is good enough to apply, so will do so after my study...me actutally doin it not only for myself, but also for my future family sake lah..there is no hope for sinkie in sinkapore liao...but too bad many dont realise dat...they think still got hope to kick out MIW...LOL....dream on!!!....the crowd is getting more and more unbearable and still they wanto let in another 1 milliion....i cannot imagine how it will be like when population hit 6.5million...anyway, ur gd intention will fall on sinkie deaf ears lah....many sinkies are just contented living in their pigeon hole, receiving their miserable workfare every half year and watching medicorp channel 8 drama as theri pasttime...PATHETIC SINKIES!!!!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you. You just have increased your own potential.

hehe...dats why i study for MBA...2 yrs course - one yr in Sinkapore, 2nd yr will be overseas...and while i am there, i will try to look for job there....my current migration score is good enough to apply, so will do so after my study...me actutally doin it not only for myself, but also for my future family sake lah..there is no hope for sinkie in sinkapore liao...but too bad many dont realise dat...they think still got hope to kick out MIW...LOL....dream on!!!....the crowd is getting more and more unbearable and still they wanto let in another 1 milliion....i cannot imagine how it will be like when population hit 6.5million...anyway, ur gd intention will fall on sinkie deaf ears lah....many sinkies are just contented living in their pigeon hole, receiving their miserable workfare every half year and watching medicorp channel 8 drama as theri pasttime...PATHETIC SINKIES!!!!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and you actually doing MBA for this purpose...:rolleyes:

Candide

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Scroobal. I thought Singapore does not allow dual citizenship. Please advise on this. Cheers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A post-graduate degree done in a potential destination country can be used to gain entry in some cases and also indicates to potential employers that you are more in-tune with the country.

and you actually doing MBA for this purpose...:rolleyes:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone familiar with San Jose? Think there's a hiring boom now.

Also like Canada, any good postgrad course available?

Singapore really gone to the dogs.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone familiar with San Jose? Think there's a hiring boom now.

Also like Canada, any good postgrad course available?

Singapore really gone to the dogs.

lots of openings for tech jobs. but companies are extremely selective as most are looking for innovators and inventors who can take them to the next level of the competitive edge. for example, in software, apple, google, facebook, linked-in, salesforce, zynga, and a host of mobile app start-ups are looking for "star" programmers and developers, usually poaching the best from competitors. microsoft, nokia siemens, motorola mobility (now google), sony ericsson, samsung, which are traditionally not silicon valley based, have set up innovation and r&d hq's in the area to tap into talents already hired by successful behemoths of mobile solutions. in terms of mobile technology, there's no doubt that the global center of gravity has shifted from espoo, finland and tokyo, japan to the corridor from sf to sj, known as the bay area. the next level of innovation is seamless touchscreen, tactile and finger-movement experience on all kinds, sizes and models of screens from mobiles to tablets to auto-infotainment to home entertainment. no need to worry about saving or copying or managing your files or content anymore every waking minute; content will stream to you wherever, whenever and however you want it, and your posts on sbf can be made on whatever screens or user interface you have: tv, refrigerator, toilet, bed, car, ktv lounge, massage parlor, with multi-screens so you can multi-task.....eat, shit, fuck, cum and die all at the same time. most of your habits and actions will be automated for you. your online behavior under various personas will be captured in the cloud, and most of your shitty attitude and your obsession with cloning will be projected by the cloud. the massive, connected, global cloud will replace god, allah, buddha and old man harry as your master of the universe, storing everything from krafty's whines to ram's handsomeness and managing every second of your pitiful existence in sinkieland. it may even tell sinkies to jump bedok or mess up mrt tracks. there's more of course happening in the valley, such as nano tech, bio tech, and all kinds of radio and router tech. the bay area is also the world leader today in wholesome healthy organic farming. with jobs, there are also a lot of fraud and scamming in the job credentials market, such as indians and chinese posing as highly qualified researchers and inventors. there are even bogus "universities" and "degrees" designed for aspiring students wanting to be conferred "star and skilled" status in a matter of weeks. these collude with immigration firms and lawyers which specialize in faking paperwork so workers and students can get their study-work visa. sounds exactly like sinkieland, doesn't it? but that's too much for this post. :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This was one of the main reasons why I joined SBF at the start a decade ago. To persuade you guys that world is your oyster.

Funnily enough that was one of my aims too. I have long since given up.

Misery loves company. It's what keeps most sinkies rooted.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I got aged parent who don't want to move:(

If nobody moved anywhere because of aged parents, human evolution would have stalled in the plains of the African Continent. My aged parents didn't even want me to move 500m down the road when they were still around.

You have your own life to live. Plan your own destiny first. Then fit your aged parent into the resulting plan.

In a decade or so, your aged parent could well be in a better place. You, on the other hand, will still be stuck in that shithole and by that time, you'll be stuck for good. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
about valley innovation, there's also much voice activated tech and ai development going on. siri is just one example. there will be more siri like copycats. someone in sg should start an sbf or singlish style siri copycat, much like the online spoof called simi. "hello simi, where can i have breakfast and a heart attack?" "simi lanjiao! diam diam disturb me. knn. want hut attack, go to pisa hut lah! can have bleakfast oso."

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most 1st World countries are in dire need for blue collar workers. It is not necessary to have an MBA to qualify, even a good chef commands a good salary.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Most 1st World countries are in dire need for blue collar workers. It is not necessary to have an MBA to qualify, even a good chef commands a good salary.

The 1st world countries aren't 1st world anymore.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Hi Scroobal. I thought Singapore does not allow dual citizenship. Please advise on this. Cheers.

Don't start on this crap again. It has been discussed to death many times over.:rolleyes:

Do a search in the forum for "dual citizenship" and read what has already been posted over the years.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 1st world countries aren't 1st world anymore.

Yes, I know that but for those who intent to migrate to the countries mentioned, they are considered 1st world for now. We might know before March 2012 I guess. Even Canada may not be spared.:(

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't give up. Your Forum and some of us have guided more than a few to fairer shores over many years. Their kids will not know it but I am sure one fine day at least one or two would tell them the role that SBF played.

I am sure the trial and tribulations of the good resident doctor in this forum is an excellent example. He never gave up. First it was Oz, then Melbourne, then Geelong and finally untapped beauty of Canada. I am sure his doggedness and determination over many years would have encouraged many more.

Incidently he just posted on another topic a few hours ago.

Like Moses, our journey continues.

Funnily enough that was one of my aims too. I have long since given up.

Misery loves company. It's what keeps most sinkies rooted.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Singapore were losing welders, chefs, cooks and the like every year in droves. These vocations were in the priority lists.