• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Calibration of Handphone Battery WORKS !!!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
remember i told you guys about calibrating the handphone battery ?

works for me......................without listening music and no internet..................just SMS and few calls................can last me 10 days !

battery life go up 30-40% if not more.................

1. Power on your hp then connect to your Charger and charge until 100%.
2. Disconnect your phone from the charger and power off.
3. Reconnect your phone to your charger with the power off and charge to 100%.
4. Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.
5. Once the phone has fully booted / ready to use ... power off again.
6. With the power off connect the phone to the charger and charge to 100%.
7. Disconnect from the Charger then power on and use normally.

### will work better if you allow battery to drain until hp power off by itself then charge to full....................also if hp and battery is newer, works better.

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup like our MRT schedule for 3 million but reschedule to serve 5.5 million but... you know the rest.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's common sense isnt it? Using internet especially uses a lot of battery life. Another one is watching videos on the phone. If you use your phone just like how phones were meant to be used in the 90s and before nope not much battery usage.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
need to do it once only mah.....................i think it makes the phone sense the battery life more accurately......................not overcharging the battery...........

nowadays, recharging takes longer too.................so must be the phone was too ''conservative'' in reading battery life before calibrating..............

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recalibrating the batt is just one of the many tips and tricks out there. Use the phone till all the power is drained then charge it back to 100% and do that a few times.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recalibrating the batt is just one of the many tips and tricks out there. Use the phone till all the power is drained then charge it back to 100% and do that a few times.

this is to help prolong battery's useful lifespan, right ?

i read that must do it like at least 2 times a month...........

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's common sense isnt it? Using internet especially uses a lot of battery life. Another one is watching videos on the phone. If you use your phone just like how phones were meant to be used in the 90s and before nope not much battery usage.

If one just make calls & receive them, no SMS , no internet, no games, no playing with the Apps...it will last at least 2 weeks, but then again, you pay so much for a phone..and you make calls & receive them...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
draining your battery to zero then recharge it is damaging to modern Li-ion battery. unless yours is an old phone using old battery that using Ni-ion, the technology is totally different. That will work for Ni-ion battery in enhancing its lifespan. This difference in technology/chemistry is the exact reason why memories issue of old battery is solved and does not exist in Li-ion battery.

EagleRanger

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

works for me......................without listening music and no internet..................just SMS and few calls................can last me 10 days !

Missed that. How do you calibrate the hp battery? :confused:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was about to say that when you do the procedure of reviving your battery, did you do 20 push-ups infront of your phone...just kidding...:biggrin::p

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
draining your battery to zero then recharge it is damaging to modern Li-ion battery. unless yours is an old phone using old battery that using Ni-ion, the technology is totally different. That will work for Ni-ion battery in enhancing its lifespan. This difference in technology/chemistry is the exact reason why memories issue of old battery is solved and does not exist in Li-ion battery.

the hp makers will make sure the unit turn off before it goes to zero.....................they know the battery will spoil mah................i think left a few percent power, it'll turn off.......................but the indicator will show lower % figure lah...................