• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Build your own Toyota 86 RC on line

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2012-range-rover-evoque/4864-10868_7-35136681-1.html

Results 1 of 10

• [*=left]"DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF SH*T!!!"0.5stars
    on <time datetime="2012-02-27" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">February 27, 2012</time> by kizaw

Pros:The car looks really nice. Cool design and fuel efficient for an small SUV.
    Cons:The car died a week after I purchased it. And to make matters worse the loaner car the dealer gave me while they try and fix my car is giving me problems too. I was warned about Land Rovers and I didn't listen. Damn myself!!!
    Summary:Purchased this car 3 weeks ago. I drove it home from the dealer and parked it in my garage. I came out a week later to drive it and it was dead. Land Rover sent out 3 different tow companies to figure out how to tow it because of the dial gear changer won't rise from the console to put it in nuetral when the car has no juice. They still have my car after 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem is. But, to make matters worse the brand new Evoque loaner they gave me until my cars problems have been figured out is acting up. When in drive and I press on the brake to put it in reverse, while i'm parking the car the dial keeps getting stuck in the drive position. I press the brake harder and it's still locked. I let off the brake, still locked. Finally after pumping the brakes a few times it decides to unlock and let me put the car in a different gear. This has happened already 4 times in a couple of days. This is major. It's kind of dangerous considering one of the times it didn't work was during a K turn on a 2 way street. Then a minor issue was in the loaner is with the iPod adapter. While playing music the sound just stopped. Not the iPod that kept running on the screen but the sound wasn't coming out. Tried a bunch of things to figure it out but nothing. It finally worked when I shut the car off and restarted the car. This piece of sh*t has way to many problems. Too bad because I like how the car looks but with all these issues "looks ain't everything". When I get it back from service this Rover is over. I should have stuck with the Germans.

[*=left]5 replies to this review
    [*=left]reply on February 7, 2013 by Eeriley
    My Evoque broke down after first week and had to be towed. Towed again today. I heard they also had bad rep, but husband said they changed. Called everyone I could to complain. Land rover no halo and terrible service.
    Report this post

[*=left]reply on July 3, 2012 by SRQGUY
    I actually found your review helpful. We went and looked at the Evoque and love how it looks inside and outside. We were all set to buy one, but thought we should research it online. Seems that some owners are experiencing some, more than minor problems. I called the Land Rover dealers and asked what they knew of the problems reported on the Evoque forums. They claimed they had heard nothing. Our purchase is now on hold until I get more information. I love the car, but if I'm going to curse it every time I drive it, I need to get over my infatuation.
    Report this post

[*=left]reply on March 6, 2012 by internetizen
    Check this site out! It seems that some people had gearbox fault. From the same website, some people also complained about the suspension noise. Good luck!

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/evoque-gearbox-fault_topic451_post2964.html

Report this post

[*=left]reply on February 28, 2012 by JLRNA
    We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to assist you in this. Please contact the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre between the hours of 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM EST @ 800-637-6837 (opt. #9, and some one will be happy to assist you.
    Report this post

[*=left]reply on February 28, 2012 by Evoque1961
    So exactly why did you bail on the Germans?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/evoque-gearbox-fault_topic451_post2964.html

Topic Search
topic_options.png
Topic Options

EvoqueFan
drop_down.png

Evoque Newbie
1_star_rating.png

animal_butterfly.jpg

Hi to all Evoque owners. 5 days ago we picked up our brand
new diesel Range Rover Evoque Dynamic. All was going beautifully and it certainly is a car to be proud of. However, this afternoon we drove it off our drive and round the corner and then the engine completely cut out and we were unable to go any further. Message screen indicated gearbox fault and therefore it has now had to go back to a Land Rover dealer to find out where the problem is. Really gutted that this has happened an was wondering if any other Evoque owners have experienced
the same problem.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:41pm
Yes, same thing happened to me yesterday. Waiting for green light in an intersection when I heard a beep and the message appear: "GEARBOX FAULT". Blocked that intersection for one and a half our!!! A lot of angry drivers: "What a great car!... get it out of the road! You are blocking two intersections! What the f...k are you doing in the middle of the road!" and then the policeman: "Come on men, there is no way to put it in neutral to get it out of the road?!" my answer was of course: "no way! NO WAY TO PUT THIS CAR IN NEUTRAL IF THE GEARBOX IS DOWN!"
My car is 1.055km old! ...and after that I'm 5years older than yesterday!!! ...

<tbody>
</tbody>

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just Monday my good friend in Bangkok went to test drive the Land Rover Evoque, thanks Sam to the above JD Powers result I should warn him about it immediately. By the way this model is a very popular car here in Jakarta, you see it everywhere.

You can also tell him that the Evoque is a woman's car. Unless he's gay, he should take the money he was going to spend on a LR and get himself the top of the range Toyota Land Cruiser instead.

The Range Rover Evoque has been named the 2012 Women’s World Car of the Year (WWCOTY) for luxury vehicles. The Women’s World Car of the Year award brings together female journalists from 12 different countries, and this year they chose the Range RoverEvoque as their overall winner. The Women’s World Car of the Year award is now in its fourth year.

Judges of the award include the likes of our very own Vicki Butler-Henderson of Fifth Gear fame, Sue Baker our well respected automotive journalist, Lou Hammond, the founder ofcarlist.com and Susan Sun, the editor-in-chief from Auto Club in China.

The women grouped their voting into four categories: family car , luxury car, sports car and economy car. The car with the most overall points went on to win the overall title, and for 2012 that car is the sporty and luxurious Evoque.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ah leong, scion which is own by toyota and nissan didnt fare well on the chart u provide leh.

even mazda only borderline pass.:o

I've only ever recommended one brand and that is Toyota and this is based on first hand experiences. The chart backs me up.

When it comes to other brands, further research needs to done as reliability varies from model to model. Take Mazda for example the MX5 is a very reliable car. So is the Mazda 6. The rotary engined models don't rank as well.

As for Land Rover I can assure you that every single model is crap.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's absolute crap. Tell your friend not to touch the brand unless he enjoys trips to dealers for repairs and warranty claims.

Noted. He was happy that I told him this morning. How he looking for a special Merc S500 with security features.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've only ever recommended one brand and that is Toyota and this is based on first hand experiences. The chart backs me up. When it comes to other brands, further research needs to done as reliability varies from model to model. Take Mazda for example the MX5 is a very reliable car. So is the Mazda 6. The rotary engined models don't rank as well. As for Land Rover I can assure you that every single model is crap.

I'm happy Lexus is again on top.

blackreplica

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drive a Lexus. Had it from new. It's now 5 years old. Not a single thing has gone wrong with it since I've owned it. Absolutely nothing. All I did was change the battery and service it at the agent on schedule. And it gets me 650km to a full tank on Singapore roads (almost 12km/L, on a 2.5 litre, 1600kg car).

I have a close personal friend that used to drive a Vios. He changed the oil once, during the 1000km service. Then ran the car till the mileage hit about 80,000km, before it finally blew up. I'm not joking, he ran 79,000km and about 4 years on the same engine oil. Up till the time he blew it, it ran fine. It just gave up the ghost suddenly at the end. About $2K later on a major overhaul, the car ran perfect again, like new. Of course, he was smart enough to sell it off and in spite of that, I'm guessing the car is still running fine today.

There is nothing that comes close to Lexus/Toyota when it comes to problem-free, low-cost motoring. Listen to Sam, this guy knows how it is.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wat about Suzuki???

I drive a Lexus. Had it from new. It's now 5 years old. Not a single thing has gone wrong with it since I've owned it. Absolutely nothing. All I did was change the battery and service it at the agent on schedule. And it gets me 650km to a full tank on Singapore roads (almost 12km/L, on a 2.5 litre, 1600kg car).

I have a close personal friend that used to drive a Vios. He changed the oil once, during the 1000km service. Then ran the car till the mileage hit about 80,000km, before it finally blew up. I'm not joking, he ran 79,000km and about 4 years on the same engine oil. Up till the time he blew it, it ran fine. It just gave up the ghost suddenly at the end. About $2K later on a major overhaul, the car ran perfect again, like new. Of course, he was smart enough to sell it off and in spite of that, I'm guessing the car is still running fine today.

There is nothing that comes close to Lexus/Toyota when it comes to problem-free, low-cost motoring. Listen to Sam, this guy knows how it is.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Lucky fella, 12km/L. For me one gets 11km/L (600km) and the other only 10km/L (520km), guess I drive hard and often put on sports mode.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've only ever recommended one brand and that is Toyota and this is based on first hand experiences. The chart backs me up.

As for Land Rover I can assure you that every single model is crap.

I know landrover has reliability problem.

But u didn't explain why scion which is a rebadge Toyota fare badly at the chart?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Taken this video last Sunday and share it in the Thai thread same day. In case you missed it post here again, see how comfortably quiet and stable this car is cruising at 160km/h. No pressure and no worries at all just zipping it through. At sports mode during acceleration it purrs so beautifully to the ears.

[video=youtube;1ZwnvBk7Zf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZwnvBk7Zf8[/video]