• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BT: Chicken Rice Paradise - List of favourite hawker stalls of its own

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lau Chatterbox charging $25 per plate for its chicken rice now, June was $22 lor :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

inflation, i still visit them from time to time.

i enjoy the old one better, but the new one is still better than most hawker chicken rice. also i eat with foreign tourists, not some cheap FT chinaman and FT ah neh in hawker center.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
KFC nuggets are as edible as rain-drenched and sunshine-dryed timber planks. The only thing acceptably edible from KFC Singapore is probably the chicken burger (I think it's call zinger).

On fast food, MacDonald's have two things acceptably edible, their fish fillet burger and their chicken nuggets especially with their curry sauce. They also have one thing outstanding, their French fries. Even many 5-star restaurants don't serve as good French fries as McDonald's.

Nope. You are wrong. The Coleslaw, Whipped Potato, Chicken Banditto are that rollover thing are also good.

McDonald's I agree. The fries are among the best. The fish burger is alright, but the price is too steep. Not filling at all. Even the fries are more filling at times. The latter is a waste of money and time (spent on buying and eating it).

Also the Samurai Burger was rock, followed by the Rice Burger as a distant second. Bet you didn't try or know how to appreciate any of these before.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
inflation, i still visit them from time to time.

i enjoy the old one better, but the new one is still better than most hawker chicken rice. also i eat with foreign tourists, not some cheap FT chinaman and FT ah neh in hawker center.

LOL lame attempt at elitism and pseudo-nationalism. As if I myself have not indulged in such fiscal frivolities with my Japanese and Korean friends much less my own daughter. It is said that with good friends, even plain water would taste sweet.

Me and my Malaysian Chinese and Chinese national friends in the older days may not always eat at the best of places, but the food is still pretty good and we were happy. Oh and yes, sometimes street hawker food is not only much economically friendly, but also, they taste better than food from even established restaurant chains.

Bet that's way beyond a self-proclaimed ivory tower high horse rider like you who majors in petty restoran consumption haha.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well, i like to eat there.
it got nice view
and nice patron.

i can afford it.

yes it is cheaper in hawker centre, but the cleaniness of hawker centre leave much to be desire.