• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brave browser problem

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use CCleaner professional version to clean your window pc
For Android then use the Sd maid professional version

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suspect you might be using a old PC or labtop. modern browser really eat rams for breakfast so that they can run smoother. each tab if i am not wrong requires its own region of ram and they do not overlap. so the more you open.....

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suspect you might be using a old PC or labtop. modern browser really eat rams for breakfast so that they can run smoother. each tab if i am not wrong requires its own region of ram and they do not overlap. so the more you open.....
My other browser is ok with multi tabs opening. Already use brave for 2 years.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
How much ram do you have ? Modern browsers eats ram for breakfast.
That was what I thought as well. Can use Speccy to check ram usage on the fly.
Do not think is the ram problem. From the Brave community, it has to do with the latest update and the new tab opening coding has some issues.
Then it could be an update issue. I am on Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit), opened five tabs, still ok.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok. Then it looks like it might be your system resource issue. You mentioned it was fine before, so clear up junk on hard drive. Make sure your ram is optimal, your system isn't loading tons of unneeded stuff.
Wrong.. Even a single tab is a problem now..LOL!! guess i have to do away with brave

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not think is the ram problem. From the Brave community, it has to do with the latest update and the new tab opening coding has some issues.
Most PC problems are related to ram, or more correctly, the lack of it.
I always recommend at least 16Gb of ram, or 32Gb if you can afford it, or go Full Monty at 64Gb.
You likely have lots of apps running in the background instead of closing them. Disabling them using the task manager at the startup tab.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
dang it! Can't think of anything else that could be wrong. Especially when it worked previously. Or you could've installed some other software lately, causing conflict. Or like what the others have suggested, ram.
i download an older version of brave, stop it from auto update and remove all browsing data.. it seems to work.