• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Between the lines: Exposing PAP hypocrisy

Singa Crew

Alfrescian
Loyal
l

I was passing by a notice board at a HDB estate when I saw the MoneySENSE cartoon (To buy or not to buy?) created and put up by the PAP. The advice given was sound, I thought. After all, being thrifty is a virtue, especially in these difficult times.

And I would applaud such sensible advice, but for the fact that it was dished out by a ruling party that pays its executives obscenely bloated salaries, many times in excess of the market rate paid out to other world leaders, and in defiance of their own advice. I thought it hypocritical for them to advise citizens to scrimp and save while they themselves use taxpayers’ money to pay themselves obscene amounts of money. It is all very well for them to talk about ‘Needs’ vs. ‘Wants’ when they are not the ones having to give up their ‘Wants’.

Thus, a parody cartoon strip was created and pasted next to the original to highlight the hypocrisy of PAP propaganda. And to give them a taste of their own medicine. After all, what is good for the goose has got to be good for the gander.

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that a high profile charity event that took place last year, the ‘We Are One’ community service project which was jointly organized by CapitaLand, LEGO Singapore and MediaCorp only managed to raise a paltry S$300,000. That was a fiasco considering the amount of time, money and human resource spent by three corporate giants in Singapore for the project. Now, if our overpaid public servants took their own advice and subscribed to ‘Needs’ instead of ‘Wants’, they could easily save the Treasury a hefty US$22 million EVERY year! And without any need for expensive publicity stunts! Just like that, a generous US$22 million could go to charity or whatever needs fixing around the country EVERY year. IF the PAP took their own advice.

Singa Crew

Link to orginal article: http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/03/03/between-the-lines-exposing-pap-hypocrisy/

P.S: The original article at Temasek Review also contains a link to one of my articles showing how I arrived at the conclusion that we can save US$22 million dollars per year. Feel free to check it out at: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/singaporeneedsyou/