• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bea Johnson Chao Ang Mo Makes fun of Singlish

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As such, your move is a good example of respecting a local culture without undermining it.

Singlish is hardly a cultural icon. It's nothing more than fucked up English.

Its use has resulted in the vast majority of sinkies being unable to string a single grammatically correct sentence together to save their lives.

You need look no further than the contents of this forum. :rolleyes:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its use has resulted in the vast majority of sinkies being unable to string a single grammatically correct sentence together to save their lives.

Whilst we are not good in each.but we make it up by numbers.

Englisg,Mandarin and many Chinese dialects,tamil,Malay,plus many others.

This is indeed a strength of Spore

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a farking spineless piece of shit. This guy is obviously someone still living in hope of another colonial invasion. Farking cunt of the highest order!
Thers exists that group of Sinkies who worship MM LKY that they suck up to him,whatever he says.The numbers is decreasing though!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Whilst we are not good in each.but we make it up by numbers.

Englisg,Mandarin and many Chinese dialects,tamil,Malay,plus many others.

This is indeed a strength of Spore

Yeah half baked jack-of-all-trades and master of absolutely nothing. :rolleyes:

The English speaking laugh at Sinkie singlish. The Chinese speakers are disgusted with sinkie mandarin. The Indians consider Tamil to be the language of the serfs and Malay, the so called national language, isn't understood by anyone except the Malays.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Well, some aussies don't speak good English too. Their terms and accent are unique to themselves. Using fucked up ways to shorten words. Lazy bunch of white trash.

Its also true that the standard of English has dropped amongst the younger gen in Sinkapore. Chinese kids love to use mandarin, m&d kids love to use m&d language, etc. It is truly appalling, and I can't bear to listen to them sometimes. I make sure my six sons speak proper Queens English, and know how to spell and write.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, some aussies don't speak good English too. Their terms and accent are unique to themselves. Using fucked up ways to shorten words. Lazy bunch of white trash.

Its also true that the standard of English has dropped amongst the younger gen in Sinkapore. Chinese kids love to use mandarin, m&d kids love to use m&d language, etc. It is truly appalling, and I can't bear to listen to them sometimes. I make sure my six sons speak proper Queens English, and know how to spell and write.
"I make sure my six sons speak proper Queens English"

Six sons,truly respectable!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After a while, she will get used to Singaporeans "singing" English, because of the way Singaporeans trip up the intonation.

This is what happened when the govt force everyone to adopt a foreign language as its own.

Thais, PRCs and ROCs etc. all who have multi-tonal mother tongues trip up intonation of English too, unless they have an early childhood chance (and take it) to get accustomed to switching between multi-tone and monotone.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah half baked jack-of-all-trades and master of absolutely nothing. :rolleyes:

The English speaking laugh at Sinkie singlish. The Chinese speakers are disgusted with sinkie mandarin. The Indians consider Tamil to be the language of the serfs and Malay, the so called national language, isn't understood by anyone except the Malays.
This is what the IVY's dons now call "generalist",vs professional degrees.

And it seems to be that they are winning.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sorry, but so what if a Chinese can speak good, perfect Queen's English? In the eyes of anyone, a Chinese should speak good Chinese, not good English. If you think any ang mo is going to respect a Chinese speaking perfect English, think again. In their mind they'll be thinking: "But you're Chinese!" Just like the black footballer Balatolli who is born and raised in Italy and who now plays FOR the Italian National team. There was a placard raised during the game with Romania that read: "A negro cannot be Italian!"

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have a strange feeling that this article was written by a Sinkie or an angmoh who has been residing here for sometime. He appears to be quite familiar with the local scene like "Speak Good English Movement", what Vivian did at the launch of the campaign etc.

hi there

1. aiyoh! the author should visit great britain and experience the different forms of the english language spoken by a scot, welsh and the dry englishman.
2. likewise, the prick should go down to africa and see for himself how the different groups of africans speaking english especially in capetown.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
So sorry, but so what if a Chinese can speak good, perfect Queen's English? In the eyes of anyone, a Chinese should speak good Chinese, not good English. If you think any ang mo is going to respect a Chinese speaking perfect English, think again. In their mind they'll be thinking: "But you're Chinese!" Just like the black footballer Balatolli who is born and raised in Italy and who now plays FOR the Italian National team. There was a placard raised during the game with Romania that read: "A negro cannot be Italian!"

I once had a QANTAS flight attendant said to me, "wow, you speak good English". I said to her, "And so do you."

We can speak English, some of us speak excellent English. Very few of those white trash can even speak mandarin. So, who are the hell are they kidding? Who are the smarter people? Who can master what they are taught better?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I once had a QANTAS flight attendant said to me, "wow, you speak good English". I said to her, "And so do you."

We can speak English, some of us speak excellent English. Very few of those white trash can even speak mandarin. So, who are the hell are they kidding? Who are the smarter people? Who can master what they are taught better?

The QANTAS flight attendant's an Aussie? I am surprised they speak the Inglish.