• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok purple line mrt

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is pretty similar to sg mrt interior but the difference is this purple line Bangkok mrt work very well without problem and it is a peace of mind to travel in it.

20171118_125817.jpg
20171118_130423.jpg
20171118_130423.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They don't have volunteers running the metro, nor volunteers as politicians, they have affordable, average salaries, maybe some 'side dishes' politicians & people running the country & train system. The entire Singapore political cabinet salaries plus the sELECTED president salaries, can pay for at least one of the MRT line in Bangkok.

Usually it is ' you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'....but here you pay so much, ' you get overfed, over hyped, gorillas, making a moneky, out of us'.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MRT Route from Bang Sue Station to Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok also works very well and consistently provides a good service to the commuters who enjoy a pleasant journey and peace of mind.This is what we call Providing First Class Service ! This is what we call Serving The People !

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
They don't have volunteers running the metro, nor volunteers as politicians, they have affordable, average salaries, maybe some 'side dishes' politicians & people running the country & train system. The entire Singapore political cabinet salaries plus the sELECTED president salaries, can pay for at least one of the MRT line in Bangkok.

Usually it is ' you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'....but here you pay so much, ' you get overfed, over hyped, gorillas, making a moneky, out of us'.

You fucking kidding!

Can pay for the combined salaries of all the G10 countries in addition to that MRT line in Bangkok

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Purple line aka Nonthaburi line aka Northwest line is very new. Think opened mid last year. Took this line once during June this year.

My 2 Bahts. This line is very new and the areas it serviced are not as densely populated compared to Sukumvit and Silom lines. So the volume is quite low.

As for the other 3 lines, Yes, they do break downs. Both technical glitch and human errors. It is reported on the news whenever there are major breakdowns but so far, there are no "collision" incidents in Thailand Mass Transit system, which I consider TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

The last major incident that caused a major disruption was at the Airport Link few months ago when a pregnant fell from the train platform onto the rail tracks and subsequently, the approaching train went over her. The hot debate on the social media at that time was why did'nt the other passegers went down to rescue her as there was about 20 to 30 seconds before the train approach the station. The disruption last for about 2 hours after incident investigators and mrt staff clear the accident location.

As for Silom and Sukumvit lines, I do take these lines a few times a year when I visit BKK (Yeah, me still balless to drive to and drive in BKK). Those that taken this 2 lines will know the volume of passengers it handles and the train frequency. It SG MRT will to handle such passenger volume and train frequencies, 10 cow and 10 desmond heads also not enough to drop.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for Silom and Sukumvit lines, I do take these lines a few times a year when I visit BKK (Yeah, me still balless to drive to and drive in BKK). Those that taken this 2 lines will know the volume of passengers it handles and the train frequency. It SG MRT will to handle such passenger volume and train frequencies, 10 cow and 10 desmond heads also not enough to drop.

I always use the Sukumit line whenever I visit Bkk because I like to chose a hotel on this line.

The waiting times for trains in Bkk is much shorter than in Spore. I think it is shameful that in Spore where people have to rely on the MRT, they have to wait longer than the Thais.

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always use the Sukumit line whenever I visit Bkk because I like to chose a hotel on this line.

The waiting times for trains in Bkk is much shorter than in Spore. I think it is shameful that in Spore where people have to rely on the MRT, they have to wait longer than the Thais.

Stinkaporeans voted and voted and voted for Maggots In White.
Stinkaporeans got what they deserved.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have pros and cons. Think the recent incidents have really damaging to SMRT reputation.

To be frank, Thai MRT and BTS still many areas for improvement. They know very well they are still lacking in many areas BUT at least they will never put a retired general without any prior experience of running a national mass transport system to be CEO. Might as well put a car mechanic to be CEO.

Areas Thai MRT/BTS still lacking:

1. Train stations still lacking in facilties eg. minimal or not enough toilets especially ladies toilets.
2. Many stations still not wheel chair friendly
3. BTS and MRT and Airport link still not integrated. Transfering inbetween these lines require you to exit the station and buy another ticket to transfer to train on other system. In short, not integrated.
4. Relatively high ticker cost. Ok please do not use Sinkie MRT price to compare. Thais dont earn SG salaries but the cost of MRT rides is only slightly cheaper than SG SMRT. Same as Thai petrol. Sinkies like to say Thai petrol sibeh cheap. about half price. But do the average Thais eaen even half your pay? Honestly petrol price to average Thai is sibeh expensive. Thats why have LPG CNG NGV E85 E20 all sorts of lobangs.

So far, these few points not mentioned. Thought might be good to bring out. Me although stay here but not necessary must say good things. Have good will say good. Have bad also will say.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgot to add one point

5. most of the Sukumvit and Silom line stations no lifts or escalators, or have but never work or seldom work. So must climb up and climb down to and from train platform. This one Sinkies sure complain one if in SG MRT.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

The hotels along this line are very expensive. Even Red Planet - no table no fridge no wardrobe no breakfast no coffee making facilities - charges $60 per night just because it's 150 metres from Asoke station.

In Pattaya, 700 baht can live like King.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Areas Thai MRT/BTS still lacking:

1. Train stations still lacking in facilties eg. minimal or not enough toilets especially ladies toilets.
2. Many stations still not wheel chair friendly
3. BTS and MRT and Airport link still not integrated. Transfering inbetween these lines require you to exit the station and buy another ticket to transfer to train on other system. In short, not integrated.
4. Relatively high ticker cost. Ok please do not use Sinkie MRT price to compare. Thais dont earn SG salaries but the cost of MRT rides is only slightly cheaper than SG SMRT. Same as Thai petrol. Sinkies like to say Thai petrol sibeh cheap. about half price. But do the average Thais eaen even half your pay? Honestly petrol price to average Thai is sibeh expensive. Thats why have LPG CNG NGV E85 E20 all sorts of lobangs.

So far, these few points not mentioned. Thought might be good to bring out. Me although stay here but not necessary must say good things. Have good will say good. Have bad also will say.

I've never seen toilets in the Bkk MRT system, didn't think they had any.

The stations I've used now have elevators which have been retrofitted, in addition to the old escalators going up. They look like new additions to the stations. The elevators only go down to the ticketing level & not to the street level. So the MRT is not for those on wheelchairs.

The different lines are not integrated because it's run by different companies. The additional lines were added as needed. Same, same with Spore. In Spore if you've visited NEX, the distance between the circle line & east/west line is quite far. I always use the moving pavement.

In Spore new stations are being planned that are even farther apart.

Try getting to Changi Airport. I have to change trains 3 times.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The hotels along this line are very expensive. Even Red Planet - no table no fridge no wardrobe no breakfast no coffee making facilities - charges $60 per night just because it's 150 metres from Asoke station.

In Pattaya, 700 baht can live like King.

I use a smaller hotel that is near to Nana Plaza. It's near to the Nana station. I pay about 1600baht. For the price it includes breakfast. The rooms have kettle & coffee powder, hair dryer, umbrellas, slippers & bath robe, TV, ..etc.

Been using this place for years. The place is well maintained & the furniture used is made of teak which is very lasting.

They have larger rooms that cost more but I don't need all that room.

In Pattaya my Budget is also around 1,600+ baht & during Low season you can find great places for that price. I prefer staying close to the beach because it is served by the cheap baht buses

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Purple line aka Nonthaburi line aka Northwest line is very new. Think opened mid last year. Took this line once during June this year.

My 2 Bahts. This line is very new and the areas it serviced are not as densely populated compared to Sukumvit and Silom lines. So the volume is quite low.

As for the other 3 lines, Yes, they do break downs. Both technical glitch and human errors. It is reported on the news whenever there are major breakdowns but so far, there are no "collision" incidents in Thailand Mass Transit system, which I consider TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

The last major incident that caused a major disruption was at the Airport Link few months ago when a pregnant fell from the train platform onto the rail tracks and subsequently, the approaching train went over her. The hot debate on the social media at that time was why did'nt the other passegers went down to rescue her as there was about 20 to 30 seconds before the train approach the station. The disruption last for about 2 hours after incident investigators and mrt staff clear the accident location.

Thailand got truckloads of former generals...
And we all know the influence of their military especially now that they are in power but you dun see them appointing their clueless generals to run the subways....

Regarding integration as Johnny pointed out the different lines are run by different companies and Sg isnt t that integrated too....many so called interchanges were afterthoughts and commuters have to walk long distances to change trains.....a clear lack of forward planning.
A good example of this is I noticed in bkk they had first built longer platforms for their MRT stations initially and they deployed shorter trains with a view to cater for future volumes.....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use a smaller hotel that is near to Nana Plaza. It's near to the Nana station. I pay about 1600baht. For the price it includes breakfast. The rooms have kettle & coffee powder, hair dryer, umbrellas, slippers & bath robe, TV, ..etc.

Been using this place for years. The place is well maintained & the furniture used is made of teak which is very lasting.

They have larger rooms that cost more but I don't need all that room.

In Pattaya my Budget is also around 1,600+ baht & during Low season you can find great places for that price. I prefer staying close to the beach because it is served by the cheap baht buses

You had a good time at Nana Plaza...

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
gerald-ee.jpg

I wonder if they also have a brain trust of a PTC like ours that can come up with such profound deductions?