• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ballon d’Or Shortlist Revealed

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Link: http://rt.com/sport/football/messi-barcelona-eto-o-golden-ball-fifa-shortlist-261/

Published: 01 November, 2011, 12:25

ballon-2011-messi-dor.n.jpg

Barcelona's Lionel Messi at the 2010 FIFA Ballon d'Or ceremony (AFP Photo / Getti Images)

TAGS: English Premier League, Football, Russian Premier League, Anzhi, Eto'o

Football’s governing body FIFA and France Football magazine have unveiled the list of 23 nominees for the Ballon d’Or or Golden Ball, awarded to the best footballer in the world.
*Anzhi striker Samuel Eto’o is the only Russian Premier League representative in the selection, which includes eight Barcelona players and five men from Real Madrid.
Lionel Messi, chosen as best footballer in the world for the last two years, is once again among the contenders.
The captains and head coaches of national teams as well as international media representatives will now vote to decide the three finalists, who will be named on December 5.
The official award ceremony is scheduled to take place in Zurich, Switzerland on January 9, 2012.
So here it is - the shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2011:
Eric Abidal (France), Sergio Aguero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Cesc Fàbregas (Spain), Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Gerard Pique (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain) and Xavi (Spain).
The nominees for the FIFA World Coach of the Year were also announced:
Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC), Rudi Garcia (France/Lille OSC), Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Barcelona), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Löw (Germany/Germany national team), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid C.F.), Óscar Tabárez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), André Villas-Boas (Portugal/FC Porto, Chelsea FC), Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal FC).

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My bet will be on Lionel Messi winning it again.. He's a class act.. I hope Ronaldo does not win it.. I just hate the sight of that bloody vain Portugese Peacock..

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My bet will be on Lionel Messi winning it again.. He's a class act.. I hope Ronaldo does not win it.. I just hate the sight of that bloody vain Portugese Peacock..

too bad no one break Ronaldo's legs and balls............................

hey..................how come Andy Carroll not in the list ?????

Last edited: