• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia or New Zealand? v.s Singapore

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your information, I feel more confident abt NZ now! :smile:
May I ask you why did you choose NZ over Oz? Have you ever considered Oz?

Also, I understand that if you want to speed up your PR application in Oz, you need to hire an immigration consultant who will help follow up with the Oz gov't. E.g. the PR approval could be obtained within 9 months. Is this the same thing in NZ?

One last question: If you are are an Oz PR, does it offers any advantage when applying for NZ PR? I do know that if you are an NZ citizen, you are automatically granted Oz PR/easier to get Oz PR.

Thanks so much!

My choice of NZ was mainly opportunity.
1. S'pore long term prospects look dim for the next generation.
2. NZ offered more and it was easier to qualify for NZ PR than Aussie PR at that time.
3. The NZ$ exchange rate vs S$ was also more favourable than Aussie $. Property was also cheaper in NZ (Christchurch).
4. NZ people were generally less racist, friendlier, more welcoming and helpful and personally more refined that Aussie blokes IMO.

Filling in immigration forms for NZ PR is straightforward. I did mine without any consultant. I don't think the use of a consultant would speed things any faster than a person who fills in all the forms correctly.

Only those with English difficulties or hawker types who have poor understanding of the English language (coming via the business category would engage consultants.)

If you are an OZ PR, why not go straight for OZ Citizenship then you can cross either side of the 'DITCH' anytime and stay indefinitely either side? The same rule applies for NZ citizens as well.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. NZ offered more and it was easier to qualify for NZ PR than Aussie PR at that time.
3. The NZ$ exchange rate vs S$ was also more favourable than Aussie $. Property was also cheaper in NZ (Christchurch).
4. NZ people were generally less racist, friendlier, more welcoming and helpful and personally more refined that Aussie blokes IMO.

Filling in immigration forms for NZ PR is straightforward. I did mine without any consultant. I don't think the use of a consultant would speed things any faster than a person who fills in all the forms correctly.

Only those with English difficulties or hawker types who have poor understanding of the English language (coming via the business category would engage consultants.)

If you are an OZ PR, why not go straight for OZ Citizenship then you can cross either side of the 'DITCH' anytime and stay indefinitely either side? The same rule applies for NZ citizens as well.

that is the problem!
maoris and all those low class asians who exploited the past weak NZ immigration loopholes are now flooding oz land! cant stand those free loafing islanders.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
maoris and all those low class asians who exploited the past weak NZ immigration loopholes are now flooding oz land! cant stand those free loafing islanders.

New Zealanders no longer get automatic PR in OZ. The privilege ended years ago (2001) during the Howard / Clark era.

Those who are flooding OZ now are there on a special category visa. They don't have PR and they are not entitled to any OZ benefits so their "free loafing" ability is severely restricted.

http://www.nzembassy.com/australia/...a/immigration-status-new-zealanders-australia

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for your help Mr Kiwibird.
I don't wish to give up my Citizenship yet :smile:

Tuapehkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Zealanders no longer get automatic PR in OZ. The privilege ended years ago (2001) during the Howard / Clark era.

Those who are flooding OZ now are there on a special category visa. They don't have PR and they are not entitled to any OZ benefits so their "free loafing" ability is severely restricted.

http://www.nzembassy.com/australia/...a/immigration-status-new-zealanders-australia

:smile:Hi Sam, Is it true that a shoebox apartment in wellington can generate 7-9% return? I am looking to buy some NZ pty for my retirement but are overcome by the info I rx.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
:smile:Hi Sam, Is it true that a shoebox apartment in wellington can generate 7-9% return? I am looking to buy some NZ pty for my retirement but are overcome by the info I rx.

It's possible but you'd have to be very careful which shoebox development you purchase.

Be very wary of leasehold property which has a ratchet clause allowing for a revaluation of the ground rent every few years. The increases can be astronomical and wipe out the capital value of the apartment.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe Kiwis are still entitled to Reciprocal Health Care Agreement so long as there are proof of employment/residency in Aus.