• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal FC 2008/2009 Sign In Here !!!

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
the new signing scoring the winner,what a way to be introduce to the EPL and the fans.

well done !

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
the way chelsea play last nite reminds me of arsenal playing style except chelsea is able 2 score more goals than the gunners.......they will b a force 2 b reckon with this season......

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
itz true they tend 2 fade away after a while......arsenal must get a couple of quality players b4 the transfer window closed.....if not they may end up like last season......

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
against WBA,they cannot increase their tally and break thru.
but still get the job done and the 3 pts.
a good start.

TaurusGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea is very very strong this year and Arsenal must really catch up and with luck then it is possible. It is still too early to tell. Man U next match sure all fired up for sure.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
wenger hands r tied by the board of directors......tatz why in the future he may consider leaving the gunners if they don't release funds 4 him 2 purchase players......

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same old Gunners...not much change from previous season. Beautiful interchange, nice play on the ground...but no end product. I really wish sometimes they can be more direct. I think 1 comment made by the commentator was a good reflection of their play. He said that during the Henry era, flank play was utilised often, but target men in the box were not there. Instead, Henry was often cutting in from the flanks, or utilising Ljundberg to pop into the box to finish. Now, the Arse do not have either players, and also don't have any players to step into the boots of these 2. So we see them doing beautifully, getting down to the byline, but cutting the ball back for nobody. Adebayor spends more time outside the box, trying to dribble or pass, and there's no1 in the box on the receiving end of the crosses. Another big big problem is the unwillingness of the players to crack shots on goal. This is sooo god damn irritating. Lack of depth in the team shows too. U can't win anything with only young players. Granted they are great for the future, but unless ur playing Football Manager or Championship Manager, u need older, experienced heads in the team to do great in the season.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
& from an article in the soccernet website.....lookz like they have internal problems too......how can they challenge for the epl title tiz season.....

fishcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been a Gunners fan for the last 10 yrs, and i've seen their play change from the boring but defensively watertight George Graham play to the flamboyant but frustrating Wenger play, and i think i can safely say that they will not win the title this season. Lack of depth, no killer instinct, and weak defense do not bring u titles.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal sign defender Silvestre from Man Utd.....why did they sign someone whoz prime palying days r over.....????.....really wenger should b signing another midfielder instead.....

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal sign defender Silvestre from Man Utd.....why did they sign someone whoz prime palying days r over.....????.....really wenger should b signing another midfielder instead.....

with Silvestre, Wenger can move Toure up to midfield as defensive partner for Cesc.

with Silvestre, there will be senior player to help guide Djourou and Senderos.

most imptly for Wenger, he is damn cheap at 750k and 50k a week salary. so total package for two year contract is only 6million pounds. Somemore Wenger sold Hoyte for 3million pounds!

this is a good signing. It is not easy to get a good central defender.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
is silvestre really the type of player that arsenal need @ tiz moment....from tiz article it seems no.....i too feel wenger has signed a wrong player tiz time.....

The short answer would appear to be no. Having spent most of last season on the sidelines after suffering a knee injury, Silvestre has lost the pace, strength and solidity that made him such an important player for Fergie's men in days gone by.

More importantly from an Arsenal perspective, although the versatility of the Frenchman is a good attribute, the club have no need for a player who can fill in at left-back.

Armand Traore has shown himself to be a more than able deputy to Gael Clichy and Johan Djourou and Alex Song will fill in quite happily should anything happen to William Gallas. Of course Philippe Senderos is there in an emergency too.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wenger refuses to rule out Barry swoop

hez the player wenger should really get......pray hard wenger can pull tiz one off.....