• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone still remember KFC in the 1980s?

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
579135_439115379457782_655170966_n.jpg

It was restaurant-styled with forks and knives and they have an Automatic hand wash machine?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was before the finger licking good era....
Fork and knife with bottled sauces....remembered we like to stuff all the chicken bones and what now we can into the sauce bottles....some creative ones will even stuff used condoms!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I vaguely remember this, although I was still too young.

I believe it was in the early 1980s: another thing I remember from that era was that drinks (Yeo Hiap Seng drinks and Coca Cola etc) came in glass bottles and you had to remove the metal cap with a bottle opener.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
+ Also we had salad at Kentucky Fried Chicken..the salad was really good,,now its only coleslaw still good,,but miss the salad

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back then, they had a soda fountain which was free flow which was withdrawn at about the same time as the steel cutleries and porcelain plates.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The dining experience in the 70's was a much better experience whether you went to KFC, A&W, MacD

Nowadays it has really become "junk" food :(

For those who want better junk food should go to LOS. The McD hamburgers in LOS is much nicer than Spore, but why bother with McD with all the great thai food :smile: Haven't tried KFC in LOS so can't comment.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks to pap, water too expensive so they remove the hand washer.

forks and spoons keep disappearing and plates keeps dropping so they use cheaper plastics instead?

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks a million for bringing back these fond memories.

Yes I remember KFC in the '80s. My favourite fast food outlet. Delicious finger licking good especially when you whallop the whole skin in one gulp.

My childhood and teenage years was great because of KFC

579135_439115379457782_655170966_n.jpg

It was restaurant-styled with forks and knives and they have an Automatic hand wash machine?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

back in the 80s, going to KFC was only possible during festive seasons or when my uncles struck lottery big time.

remembered going to the Kallang outlet one evening, we asked for the bill but the waiteresses were too busy, the whole lot of us went out, my uncle waited for 20 mins and the waiteresses still bo hiew him, and we all ate a free meal :p:p:p

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes the chicken pieces were much bigger kumpong style chicken. More juicy and succulent. Not like today damn small and dry.

They always managed to get the saltiness at right level not like today very inconsistent.

It was such a wonderful food. What happen today. Damn lousy compared to yesteryears

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Whether it's the 80's or current, somehow KFC's chickens are aLways tastier across the causeway.Dont know why..
:wink: