• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone good at fixing computer?

eat_n_die

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am looking for a good PC just for gaming. Anyone here can fix one for me? It is even better if you can delivery to my place.

For more detail pls PM me.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
err... since i paiseh 2 show u my hideous true self... can i offer 2 fix 1 virtually for u? :rolleyes::p

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

I am looking for a good PC just for gaming. Anyone here can fix one for me? It is even better if you can delivery to my place.

Go down to Sim Lim and shop around. If cost is not a concern get the PC with 22 inch LCD fast response and everything cost about $2K.:biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go down to Sim Lim and shop around. If cost is not a concern get the PC with 22 inch LCD fast response and everything cost about $2K.:biggrin:

no need la, i realise most of the time i just use to surf forum as i grow older. games these days the more i play, the 3d effect is giving me headache. a 800 dollar one will do i think

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My advice is just get one of the higher range branded system like Dell or HP for gaming(FPS) or Mid range for other games. Dell system is almost as cheap then DIY PCs and U dun seem like you can handle the PC if something goes wrong so let them do the worrying.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes.. i agree... it's abit overkill to play Solitaire with dis...:biggrin::biggrin:

creative_hero_big.jpg

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advice is just get one of the higher range branded system like Dell or HP for gaming(FPS) or Mid range for other games. Dell system is almost as cheap then DIY PCs and U dun seem like you can handle the PC if something goes wrong so let them do the worrying.

not really la, diy still cheaper but you must do a lot of homework and planning.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beautiful - look like Darth Vader man

I seriously doubt Alienware will ship their stuff here. If U want extreme systems, it doesnt come more extreme then this one

http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/

The freaking PC is cooled by filling the entire system in oil!!!!

not really la, diy still cheaper but you must do a lot of homework and planning.

I calculated before. More or less the same(of coz I've also factor in coz of Windows(yeah I'm one of those freaks who don't support pirated software). I switched from DIY and got myself a Dell a few years back, did a bit of upgrading with DIY parts(extra memory, new graphic card, 2nd HDD) over the years to keep it up to date.

My latest system is a HP, I bought it mainly becoz of the SFF coz I can put it in the living room. I calculated the cost of getting a Shuttle box and building one, price not that much different. Whats more my HP came with wifi, TV card + Remote(SWEET!!!), Bluray drive(YEAH!!!!) and it came with a 3 yr warranty. The cost of building one with similar specs is going to cost me more with only 1 yr warranty for most parts.

In which case, I think the cost of getting branded PCs these days is almost the same as DIY one.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

i voluteer to fix a gaming PC for you.
But only if you accept the specification

1 Dell 3008 LCD or 3007 LCD
1 1000W power supply from zalman
1 lian li tyr-PC-x500B
1 gigabyte EP45-dQ6
1 E8600 intel CPU
4 DDR2-1066 OCZ ram 2GB
1 Blu-ray burner LG
1 vista premium
1 1.5TB seagate HD
1 4870x2 asus
1 thermalright ultra 120 copper
2x 120mm noctua nf-p12

i can install kalyway osx86 leopard on it
so you can boot on vista or OS X
and it is overclock to 4GHz to 4.5 GHz depend on your luck of draw on intel E8600, i make sure it is stable 24x7 gaming.

and i dun build cheap comp. if you gave me cash, i can finish in end of the year. I will make sure the routing of cable will be top class. quality will be top class.

Cost of labour is free.
Cost of parts will be extremely high. as it is a top class gaming computer. not a cheap computer like a mac.
with the overclock cpu, it will be faster than a mac pro in most application except a few.

also NO tech support, meaning after hanging over the computer to you, end of transaction. any problem, you fix yourself. I am not running a business, or have time to troubleshoot problem if you download virus yourself.

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i voluteer to fix a gaming PC for you.
But only if you accept the specification

1 Dell 3008 LCD or 3007 LCD
1 1000W power supply from zalman
1 lian li tyr-PC-x500B
1 gigabyte EP45-dQ6
1 E8600 intel CPU
4 DDR2-1066 OCZ ram 2GB
1 Blu-ray burner LG
1 vista premium
1 1.5TB seagate HD
1 4870x2 asus
1 thermalright ultra 120 copper
2x 120mm noctua nf-p12

i can install kalyway osx86 leopard on it
so you can boot on vista or OS X
and it is overclock to 4GHz to 4.5 GHz depend on your luck of draw on intel E8600, i make sure it is stable 24x7 gaming.

and i dun build cheap comp. if you gave me cash, i can finish in end of the year. I will make sure the routing of cable will be top class. quality will be top class.

Cost of labour is free.
Cost of parts will be extremely high. as it is a top class gaming computer. not a cheap computer like a mac.
with the overclock cpu, it will be faster than a mac pro in most application except a few.

also NO tech support, meaning after hanging over the computer to you, end of transaction. any problem, you fix yourself. I am not running a business, or have time to troubleshoot problem if you download virus yourself.

dangerous system,don't fix for me,thanks!:cool:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dangerous system,don't fix for me,thanks!:cool:

ah my mistake

4800 class cannot run on kalway osx86 yet

only 3800 class can....

so not possible to mix best PC parts with hackintosh.

maybe when apple release 48xx class gpu, then it is possible.