• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Interesting View from an Egyptian Teacher

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;_X8dhrzQCHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8dhrzQCHY&context=C4a4cb1eADvjVQa1PpcFMDR23EgDxSSHFnGlmBZI2V 1_FMmH9i58k=[/video]

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really Kinana,

You should really stop posting peoples opinions and translating them into religious doctrines of that religion. If you really have to discredit a religion, discredit the text. But you'll have to go study the text first. Please do not rely on someone else's interpretation of the faith or someone's action to discredit the faith. There are enough so-called christians and so-called Muslims who will say anything they believe to be the truth or they believe will bring them recognition. What they say does not translate into what the Faith they claim to adhere to says.....

Stop posting this rubbish. Make your own intellectual points....PLEASE

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really Kinana,

You should really stop posting peoples opinions and translating them into religious doctrines of that religion. If you really have to discredit a religion, discredit the text. But you'll have to go study the text first. Please do not rely on someone else's interpretation of the faith or someone's action to discredit the faith. There are enough so-called christians and so-called Muslims who will say anything they believe to be the truth or they believe will bring them recognition. What they say does not translate into what the Faith they claim to adhere to says.....

That's going to be very hard for him. If he cannot copy from an anti Islamic website n paste it here then hes stumped.
I
Look at the text you say? Well I've been asking him about his very own text which he cannot reply. So silence means he's surrendered.
Deuteronomy 13. I'm still waiting.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really Kinana,

This man was quoting from the text of the faith. He is Arab too.

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
So...are you saying that any man who quotes from the text of the Bible and interprets it in his own way is ...correct?

You do know what 'interpret' means...right?

BTW there are Arab Jews, Arab Christians, Arab Muslims, Arab Atheists, Arab Paganists, etc....Like I said...go get some knowledge and then debate. Don't throw some 'Arab' guy's interpretation into a debate.

Tell me Kinana...are you a Protestant or Catholic?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think the man misinterpreted verses or history, counter him.
You did not even watch the video to begin with. So you won't know anything to begin with.

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not here to justify what he said or counter him. Like you say, everyone has a right to his or her opinion. What I am saying is YOU should not be banking on his arguments for your justifications to support your religion. Have YOU read the scriptures of other faiths? Have YOU done any detailed research into their history and language? Until you have, be happy in your faith. If you have to pull others in based on the merits of your faith...not by debunking their faith. If you do want to compare faiths, then at least read their texts and understand them.

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm saying that if you need to criticise a faith, let it be based on your research of their text ...not based on someone else's opinion.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the man said it. He taught the Quran straight as it is. If you don't agree with him, counter him. Show me what he taught was wrong.

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will say this one last time just for your benefit Kinana as you seem to be a little slow...I never said he was right or wrong or that i agree or disagree with him. I said that that is his opinion and interpretation of the text.

You seem to be relying on his opinion and interpretation to discredit his faith...

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You did not follow the thread.
Gymkhana tried to distort verses in the Quran, not me. Do you approve of his obvious deceit?

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
His 'deceit' is obvious only to you.
I am of no opinion and do not wish to make one.
This will be the last I will address this thread as it stands.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You see how one sided you are bro? Its obvious that Gymkhana is trying to misrepresent the Quran and you withold comment on his clear deceit.
I think there is something very wrong. This is terrible.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
So...are you saying that any man who quotes from the text of the Bible and interprets it in his own way is ...correct?......

Dear Reflection,

You have mentioned one very interesting point. Just want to add: We must not rely on any man, no matter how educated his is in religious knowledge, science, history, etc to tell us that his interpretion of religious texts (whether Bible, Quran, etc) is correct. For Christians, Bible is the only source of authority and we strongly believe that the Holy Spirit is the only Teacher who can teach us what is true and what is not true. Never listen to anyone and believe him without checking oursleves what the Bible says. For us as Christians, we always believe that we need to pray and ask God for His wisdom when it comes to interpret His messages which are written in the Bible. If we are sincere in trying to know Him, He will reveal to us. No human invention is necessary.

The greatest mistake one can make is to rely on another human to 'teach' us as far as the word of God is concerned. Sadly (and worst) some carried big titles like Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Founding Pastor, etc and many simply assume they have all the knowledge and wisdom to interpret the Bible for us. Do they really have? Can we fully trust them without even bother to check the Bible ourselves? Perhaps the same can be said of other religions - and a sincerely apology if people of other faiths find this offensive.

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man (Psalm 118:8).

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing bro, you are welcome to question or challenge the Bible. Just start a new thread, one thread for one question. We will do our best to answer your question and clarify your doubts. No such thing as no comment, should not comment, your own opinion etc etc.
You want to learn Christianity, learn it from Christians, not from your fellow Muslims who will 'interpret' for you.

Reflection

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you dear Kinana,

Really appreciate your offer. I have no interest to question or challenge the Bible at this point. I have no interest in learning about Christianity from 'My Fellow Muslim' either.

I am quite content in my faith and will let you be content in yours.

May the Lord GOD grant you peace

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another thing bro, you are welcome to question or challenge the Bible. Just start a new thread, one thread for one question. We will do our best to answer your question and clarify your doubts. No such thing as no comment, should not comment, your own opinion etc etc.
You want to learn Christianity, learn it from Christians, not from your fellow Muslims who will 'interpret' for you.

of course , if one want to be a conman he should find a conman as his teacher first :wink: