• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Another big screw up coming! We bought the wrong plane!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some parts are made in the US. SOme parts are contracted out. Boeing's unions are relatively militant and have gone on many strikes before. Boeing uses the threat of outsourcing to control them. a few years ago, i visited the 787 assembly plant in everett when I was in the northwest US. Very impressive facility. And some parts made overseas are from very reputable firms, they could even be ofhigher quality then anything that Boeing makes in house. The wings are build by Mitsubishi, fuselage by Alenia of Italy, other parts made by Kawasaki and Boeing's factory in canada. If you think they are made in third world countries by a sweatshop, you are mistaken. I heard the insulation was done in mexico because its labour intensive and they have the cheapest labour. But that is a non critical part.

U can bet your last $ they won't mess with the metal alloy. That's their trade secret and competitive advantage. Airbus or Boeing r very tight on their metal, even the metal waste r handled by special contractors so that the other party can't get their hands on it.