• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alamak! 7k Mat cabby kana exposed to be a hoax

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
277367_368889483196204_500107291_o.jpg

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: ‘S$7k A Month Driving A Taxi? Possible, But They’ll Burn Out’

Just a few comments to make-

1) She is not a Pinoy FT but a true blue Singaporean Eurasian type (mixed) with no Pinoy blood whatsoever.

2) I know her and if anything, Mat driver was out of his league when he boasted about his 7k earnings only to be caught out online.

3) Lastly, I still hate the shittytimes but not the people working for it. How many ex employees / ex editors have spoken out against it already.. If you get my drift..

:biggrin:

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
muhammad got exposed as a scam

Cabby backtracks on $7,000-a-month earnings claim4 Nov 2012 21:49:40 GMT

Mr Muhammad no longer drives a Premier taxi, saying that other cabbies were unhappy after he was featured in The Sunday Times last week. -- ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG

By Maria Almenoar Transport Correspondent
Taxi driver Muhammad Hasnor Hashim has changed his account of life as a taxi driver a week after making the news for claiming to earn $7,000 a month.

The 32-year-old had told two journalists of The Sunday Times that he earned that sum by working hard and working smart driving a Premier taxi. On Saturday, he said he made $7,000 only once, in May this year, and that he usually earns $4,000 to $5,000 a month.

He is also no longer driving a Premier taxi. He said on Saturday that he had left the company after three months because other cabbies there were unhappy with him. "They would see me in the lift and make comments at me," he added.

Premier Taxis confirmed that he is no longer one of its drivers, but declined to confirm if he left on his own or if his contract had been terminated. Its spokesman would only say that the reasons for his departure were confidential. Mr Muhammad said he is now driving for another cab operator.

Background story

What Mr Muhammad told The Sunday Times at his first interview where both a reporter and a photojournalist were present

"My taxi is a money machine."

What Mr Muhammad told the photojournalist during an interview for The Straits Times' Through the Lens video series, when asked if it was true that taxi drivers cannot earn a lot of money

"I don't agree. If I tell you I earn $7,000, some of the taxi drivers outside also get angry, 'Wah lau, this guy, very cocky. Sure or not, $7,000?' But touch their heart, ask themselves, they know."

What Mr Muhammad said yesterday, when asked why he gave the figure of $7,000 in the original interview

"Maybe I thought I was being asked how much a taxi driver can earn."

Related Stories

The $7,000 question that took an ugly turn

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: muhammad got exposed as a scam

everyone know that is not true, only the brainless 154th so call journalist submit the rubbish to his editor, and the brainless editor let it appear on the paper. We should not blame the m&d, but the paper.