• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice on anxiety depressions stress related .

CHAOTIC

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect I may have mild anxiety and depression.
Anyone can share methods or ways to relieve symptoms and signs or cause.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Think of those who are worse off than your mild anxiety and depression issues. Take a walk to any hospital ward and you’ll realise you are one lucky guy. Think of all the good times you already enjoyed.

Imagine what those on wheelchairs have to go through. Those with leg(s) amputated. Last but not least, tell yourself you are lucky. Could have been worse! Godspeed.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Expose yourself to nature.

Take a walk in forest.

Get away from crowd and city.

If you're lazy to go out, keep a pet or some plants at home.

Keeping fishes that look attractive to you is a good way of getting you away from anxiety qnd depression.

Good luck.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies must talk makan. otherwise without makan sinkies will get depressed and jump into marina bay.
1551896495883.png

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There are two routes you can take.

1. Mindfulness training plus exercise.

2. Drugs.

I have my doubts regarding drugs. Some studies show they work. Others show placebos work just as well.

I was in a dark place after my friends started dying. I found that mindfulness and regular exercise got me out of the hole I had dug myself into.

What mindfulness does is break the negative thought cycle. I was skeptical at first but I have found it to work very well.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
There are two routes you can take.

1. Mindfulness training plus exercise.

2. Drugs.

I have my doubts regarding drugs. Some studies show they work. Others show placebos work just as well.

I was in a dark place after my friends started dying. I found that mindfulness and regular exercise got me out of the hole I had dug myself into.

What mindfulness does is break the negative thought cycle. I was skeptical at first but I have found it to work very well.
Earlier on, I sent this Mindfulness Meditation PDF to TS in a private message. Perhaps more of us could benefit from it. I am attaching it here.

Attachments

• Jon Kabat-Zinn - Wherever You Go There You Are - Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life.pdf
    259.6 KB · Views: 206

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Makan? Don't forget to chope seats with packets of tissue paper.
that too. all these unique and quirky sinkie habits can save the sinkie soul from depression and suicide. in fact, these are symptoms of sextremely stressed sinkies scratching the surface of a supernova that is sure to sexplode.

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take a walk. Walk around your HDB block or estate. But walk alone. Alone. Continue to walk till either your body or your mind wants you to rest. Walking alone has a curious way of sorting out our minds. Take care.