• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice on anxiety depressions stress related .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Earlier on, I sent this Mindfulness Meditation PDF to TS in a private message. Perhaps more of us could benefit from it. I am attaching it here.

The problem with many of these mindfulness manuals is that they make things sound very complicated and it puts people off.

Mindfulness does not require a quiet place and sitting in a contorted yoga position. :geek:

I can now go into a state of mindfulness while waiting at a traffic light. :biggrin:

30 seconds of mindfulness is enough to make you feel better. 30 seconds X 20 times a day and you're well on your way to a more relaxed and calmer state.

My favorite routine is to imagine breathing in pure blue air and exhaling all bad thoughts from the body.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try these. They'll cheer you up and help relieve stress.

And makes you more appreciative of our world class public transport system.

5juPZFw.jpg

SJKMY8s.jpg
that looks like a cancerous lump on that uncle's left bum. he must see the doc right away.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man, you're cold.
that's how i deal with folks who are depressed and suicidal. talk about things and subjects that are totally unrelated to their despair, such as a slow leak within bathroom walls that eventually cause drywall to buckle, tiles to crack, and floors to be spongy. and detail every plan of action to address the issue, find the root cause, and repair the damage. after that, they will want to kill me.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The problem with many of these mindfulness manuals is that they make things sound very complicated and it puts people off.

Mindfulness does not require a quiet place and sitting in a contorted yoga position. :geek:

I can now go into a state of mindfulness while waiting at a traffic light. :biggrin:

30 seconds of mindfulness is enough to make you feel better. 30 seconds X 20 times a day and you're well on your way to a more relaxed and calmer state.

My favorite routine is to imagine breathing in pure blue air and exhaling all bad thoughts from the body.
To a person who earnestly wants to quiet his mind, it's best to learn the technique in it's entirety (or at least almost). Some form of instruction is needed. If it matters a lot to him, he would persevere. Mindfulness is wonderful. :thumbsup:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Think of those who are worse off than your mild anxiety and depression issues. Take a walk to any hospital ward and you’ll realise you are one lucky guy. Think of all the good times you already enjoyed.

Imagine what those on wheelchairs have to go through. Those with leg(s) amputated. Last but not least, tell yourself you are lucky. Could have been worse! Godspeed.

This used to be my response to those fit, healthy and wealthy people who said they were absolutely miserable.

After personally going through some difficult times myself I now understand why it does not work.

There is no such thing as absolute reality. Every person has a different view of the world he/she lives in. "Perception is reality" and in order to change reality one has to change ones perception of what life is.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
that's how i deal with folks who are depressed and suicidal. talk about things and subjects that are totally unrelated to their despair, such as a slow leak within bathroom walls that eventually cause drywall to buckle, tiles to crack, and floors to be spongy. and detail every plan of action to address the issue, find the root cause, and repair the damage. after that, they will want to kill me.
Distraction works too. I use it sometimes on myself! But hey, try not to get yourself killed.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that looks like a cancerous lump on that uncle's left bum. he must see the doc right away.
agree absolutely, he may just end up having part of his buttcheeks and arsehole removed - like this chap :sick:
Court of Appeal increases suspension for negligent doctor by 10 times.
>>The court heard that Dr Syamsul worked at the medical centre of a marine and shipping company in Singapore. On May 14, 2013, the patient, who was not named in court documents, saw Dr Syamsul, complaining of a lump at his buttock and a fever that he had suffered for five days.
He also told the doctor that he was diabetic but had stopped taking medication for some time.

The patient alleged that Dr Syamsul failed to conduct a physical examination of his lump, and did not ask him to remove his clothes or lie down on the clinic bed to be examined. Instead, Dr Syamsul prescribed him antibiotics and other medication and ordered a period of medical leave.
The patient's condition worsened and he was admitted to the Accident & Emergency Department of Alexandra Hospital in great pain the next day.
He was diagnosed with Fournier's Gangrene, and needed surgery which included the partial removal of his scrotum.
He underwent surgery and was warded in hospital for about a month, after which he made a complaint to the SMC<<
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...uspension-for-negligent-doctor-by-10-11318330

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Distraction works too. I use it sometimes on myself! But hey, try not to get yourself killed.
i tried to sexplain the 6.9g air interface specs and 4g to 6.8g protocol stacks in relation to why we need to do away with cpri and split the physical layer asymmetrically to avoid handling gobs of bits with zeros on the radio interface to a depressive friend once and he gave up feeling depressed after 6.9 minutes and decided to find someone else to talk to about why his 2g phone sucks. otherwise he would have strangled me on the spot.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always sweat and uncomfortable when in some situation.
U came to the right place to ask.we have lots psychology experts and psychos here.
U likely social anxiety and Gad.
U got to exercise jog or swim is good.
Use this time to relax.And enjoy the endorphins after.
I too struggled with it.try to identify the trigger point and tried to slow down.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
my humble suggestion...
try to identify the stressors and the environment that triggers or precipitates your mental states
give yourself a break - move away from these stressors if possible
empty yourself of all these thoughts if you can - meditation has been suggested by laksaboy ...good
or you can just chant a mantra day and night - using this mantra to replace all unwholesome thoughts
it's a form of chanting meditation - to replace all unwholesome and dangerous thoughts
try to see the mind thoughts that go through. you cannot stop these dangerous thoughts. see through these thoughts as empty and then let them pass...without you acting on them..

if you can't ...seek a psychiatrist help if you are attempting self harm
treat the psychiatrist like a friend or a priest - confess everything to him . all your fears, all your anxieties , even your hidden secrets...talking them out is therapeutic. listen and talk. seek his advice..

drugs may or may not help you...in the long run, you will get more upset because drugs make you more sick. but like a fracture bone, the fractured brain needs splints and drugs to heal for the time being...time is the essence. meanwhile do no harm to yourself or to your family or to your loved ones..

try to control your anger, try to control your hate. try to control your impulses. try to control your recklessness. spend some quiet time alone - in the park or take a morning stroll in the reservoir or go to botanic gardens...spending time alone helps to cleanse your mind...cleanse your thoughts....see yourself....

most important: see your doctor and seek his advice.
then try the other alternatives suggested by brothers here.
good luck my dear friend. wish you speedy recovery.....

I went through a big vicious cycle....and I am sharing this with you. most important is to remove all hate and all anger inside you. forgive and repent. seek medical or spiritual assistance...in the end, it boils down to yourself: to accept life as just an emptiness...and we are all here as mere players on a huge stage. good luck and take care my dear brother...

CHAOTIC

Alfrescian
Loyal
my humble suggestion...
try to identify the stressors and the environment that triggers or precipitates your mental states
give yourself a break - move away from these stressors if possible
empty yourself of all these thoughts if you can - meditation has been suggested by laksaboy ...good
or you can just chant a mantra day and night - using this mantra to replace all unwholesome thoughts
it's a form of chanting meditation - to replace all unwholesome and dangerous thoughts
try to see the mind thoughts that go through. you cannot stop these dangerous thoughts. see through these thoughts as empty and then let them pass...without you acting on them..

if you can't ...seek a psychiatrist help if you are attempting self harm
treat the psychiatrist like a friend or a priest - confess everything to him . all your fears, all your anxieties , even your hidden secrets...talking them out is therapeutic. listen and talk. seek his advice..

drugs may or may not help you...in the long run, you will get more upset because drugs make you more sick. but like a fracture bone, the fractured brain needs splints and drugs to heal for the time being...time is the essence. meanwhile do no harm to yourself or to your family or to your loved ones..

try to control your anger, try to control your hate. try to control your impulses. try to control your recklessness. spend some quiet time alone - in the park or take a morning stroll in the reservoir or go to botanic gardens...spending time alone helps to cleanse your mind...cleanse your thoughts....see yourself....

most important: see your doctor and seek his advice.
then try the other alternatives suggested by brothers here.
good luck my dear friend. wish you speedy recovery.....

I went through a big vicious cycle....and I am sharing this with you. most important is to remove all hate and all anger inside you. forgive and repent. seek medical or spiritual assistance...in the end, it boils down to yourself: to accept life as just an emptiness...and we are all here as mere players on a huge stage. good luck and take care my dear brother...
You gave very much and good advice.
Are you a patient too?
How u overcome and what the medication u taking.
U see doctor psychiatrist and psychologist in IMH or private.
Which doc u seeing and recommend?