• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed on divorce lawsuit

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NEVER apply 'adultery' as reason(s) for divorce coz this could be lengthy, costly and complicates the mediation.
This is meant for the rich, vengeful ones. Best goes for incompatible personality etc. to save lawyer fees.

Next, whoever fork out from CPF will be returned accordingly to his/her CPF accounts - No question ask, regardless of divorce or separation.
Hence, its pointless fighting on this!

Last, custody or alimony will by default goes to the woman/mother - especially if she's a housewife. Its usually pointless to to fight for custody on the husband/father during preliminary cases until proof of evidences that mother (or her environments) is 'disastrous' to the growing-up of kids. But kids above 14 have the right to choose!

Now for TS' case, its unsure if the husband has any further dependencies, limitations and shortfalls in this case. Else, S$53K or whatsoever amount is very too small to mention in court.... likely to be mediated to save time, effort & further $$$.
But husband needs to be careful what he must be very sure and wise to alimony agreements next......
Imagine if kids beg papa to pay for a holiday with mommy, papa works day-&-night to satisfy kids (since he cannot join them)
then come when kids tell papa how enjoyable their trips were with mommy & "uncle"......
this is more painful than squeezing your own balls!

Good luck!

Bro, for my friend's case, he proved adultery of his ex-wife.. ex-wife dropped custody fight (she visits weekly only, care and control under my friend) and also agreed on no ex-spousal maintenance, hdb flat sold on open market and both take 50/50 as per the tenancy stated share portion when bought. All done without going to court, just agreement by lawyers. his ex-wife remarried to her boyfriend and now the kid is closer to my friend than her. He is not rich, but wants custody of the child badly, so did his homework (PI, photos, logs and the full works) before going to lawyer. Anyway, not applicable to this case as TS stated no 3rd party.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a supposedly first world country, the method to search for a person's marriage and divorce history is so archaic. And the ROM even dares to charge a fee for that! :rolleyes:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
This searches only marriage status, not divorce, meaning if a person got married in 2000 and divorced in 2010, the records only show 2000 marriage and not the divorce in 2010.

Sorry, just check and you are right. Seems divorce checking is a whole lot more tedious than that of marriage checking as it is "confidential". It has to be done "manually" by submitting a form to the Family Registry, Family Court in Havelock with no guarantees that the court will accede to the request.

I am not too sure which online site TS visited to get such information though.

1550059713700.png

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a lawyer...some money you just cannot save.

You are right.

But the guy really has no money.

When he started up the family, he earned a low income which I think less than 2k.

He relied on the overtime monthly but it was cut off by his management due to a supervisor who held person grudges against him.

His overtime was taken away for 5 years or more and he started taking loan from banks.

Because of that, he couldn't give much pocket money to the wife who quarreled with him and manhandled the kids almost everyday.

Anyway your points are noted and thanks.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Seems like he's a lawyer, I guess. Noted with thanks..
No it's a she. Not lawyer. Some divorced housewife who hates men and thinks that all sinkie men who have done NS are castrated including her own son.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't find my post. Someone must have stolen it.

Anyway divorces are fairly common these days. I don't think anyone will bat an eye over this plus her name is a fairly common Minah name.

Anyway the nett "loss" to Abang is not $46,000 + $46,000 + $53,000. One of the $46,000 would either be her CPF contribution for the flat (although you said she never paid a cent for it), or if what you say is accurate, that $46,000 would have to be based on CPF foregone had she been working (and hence, be able to help pay the mortgage) instead of looking after the kids.

The $53,000 component is, I am sure, due to the appreciation of the value of the flat from the original purchase price of about $124,000 +/- by about $106,000 and this would be have to be calculated based on the "official" flat's current valuation of $210,000- $249,000. Hence, this is not shown in Option 2 if the flat is sold "jointly". So, from the point of view of money, it will be unfair for your friend to reap the $106,000 or so in appreciation if he transfers the flat to his name without giving a share of the profits to her.

Leaving emotions and the WC aside, I think this is fair.

Be that as it may be, she does sound like a bitch since most times, women, in line with their maternal instincts, are the ones who will fight tooth and nail for, or be given, custody of their kids.

Hi bro, I think the mod stolen your post :frown: sorry about that!

Anyway according to the defendant, the amount of the cpf money was derived from 45% of the defendant's asset. Because the judge earlier awarded this proportion to the wife based on her contribution to the marriage and the length of the marriage (13 yrs).

Personally I believe the total amount should be $46,000 + $53,000 but I am not sure and that's why I ask here.

The defendant understands that he needs to give a share to the bitch be it under the law or morally.

But he can't agree on the proportion.

Other than bearing the baby in her stomach for 9 months and going thru the labour of giving birth, and looking after the kids for few years after they were born, his ex-wife didn't care about the kids and the house chore. She didn't even bother to pack her husband's clothes.

She did cook for the family and sent kids to school but unwillingly for a period of time only.

After that, she went out working and left all their young kids and house chores to the husband who needed to work in the meantime.

The husband is now in the care and control of the kids.

He still needs to service the home loan for another 6 to 8 years.

He's 50 plus and has high chance to be retrenched.

Two of his kids are teenagers who may be going to college or poly in near future.

Besides feeling unfair, he's concerned that with all these cpf money given to his ex-wife, he may not be able to support the home loan and his kids for higher education in future.

Ever since the marriage, the wife basically did not spend a single cent on the kids or the family.

Even now, she does not provide any financial support to the kids, too.

Anyway, your points are noted and thanks!

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like this? Anyway, names and addresses have been redacted so I hope TS doesn't mind as it help to to give some context to what this thread is about. Will delete it if he does mind.

Edited: *Images removed*

Hi bro, thanks for your help and concern.

The question was meant to be raised without personal info eg names and address revealed.

Thanks.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who or which Minister agreed to amend the CPF act tat allowed tos bitches to put claim on your CPF savings.

Bro, I heard LKY's wife was the one who initiated the WC in sg.

But I also understand that whatever amount that is claimed, it still has to be approved by CPF.

For eg, cpf will not approve if the claim disturbs the minimum sum.

So i think cpf board still have the bigger say.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, just check and you are right. Seems divorce checking is a whole lot more tedious than that of marriage checking as it is "confidential". It has to be done "manually" by submitting a form to the Family Registry, Family Court in Havelock with no guarantees that the court will accede to the request.

I am not too sure which online site TS visited to get such information though.

View attachment 53858

Bro, I think the site I go is not an open site.

I think it's in your personal CPF account.

So I think only can check your own status but not others.

Sorry for that..

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No it's a she. Not lawyer. Some divorced housewife who hates men and thinks that all sinkie men who have done NS are castrated including her own son.

Didn't know she's a she cos I always presume all samsters are he.

Btw, didn't know some divorced women can be so hatred about man including her own son.

That's sick and horrible..