• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Admire and Respect Ren Ci Monk please !

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol. Now I know the true meaning of being blinded...

How did he get all the money? Did he dip his hands into Ren Ci's account, or from his temple? or he earns it by some other means, whether morally right or otherwise.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this phenomenon was already predicted by GUATAMA BUDDHA...who said that 2500 years after his passing away..there will be the phase of declining morality..with many man who professed to be in the monkhood..but ..conducting themselves immorally like cheating monies from followers,,taking sexual advantages of followers,,,crteating fear and leading followers to suicides......all described in the NINGYAN SUTRA.........

Do you have an online version of this sutra, i love to read it. i can't google it out.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when one swear on the vows of monkhood,,,,,he IS EXPECTED to obey and observe all the codes of behavior of a monk,,and therefore he is looked upon as a religious practitioners of high moral standard and SHOULD BE AN EXAMPLE OF CONDUCT!!!!
thie Mr Goh..wearing a monk robe..but PRACTICE DECADANT LIFE STYLE.....
He should not BLUFF people that he is a practitioner of monkhood!!!!!!!!!!!
HE SHOULD RENOUNCE HIS MONKHOOD..AND BECOME A NORMAL PERSON..AND FACE ALL THE CHARGES UNDER THE LAW...in this way...his other punishment after this life will be less......WEARING A MONK ROBE AND LIE THROUGH HIS TEETH..arguing all his wrong doing will only multiplying his after-life punishment many many folds!!!!!!!!
Like what Buddhisava said...punished in the deepest hell with no hope of return after millions of KALPA[ about the duration of big-bang=KALPA]..........

i suspect he is polluted by sinkieness, as he mixed around with sinkies a lot.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please remember Singapore is not a nation yet.
NDP is just a tourist attraction.

So you see when a small island is not yet a nation, things can go wrong without notice.

Did the monk and his friends gun pointed at anybody to donate when he scaled great height, played with ice, and brought tears to TV people to egg on you to donate some more?

He has taken the oath of monkhood and yet led jetset life........ why is he still in robe?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So please respect Renci monk, we should learn from him like we read rich -dad- poor -dad book how to get rich . Singapore is not a nation yet. May be 44 years later......you know. So learn to get rich from rich people is the best thing to do before we become a country.

OH pls do not pollute Robert Kiyosaki books. Rk talks about earning money with integrity.

A monk has make a vow to follow the rules of monkhood, keeping the precepts is about keeping one's own integrity. He spend his time on charity but why does he get paid and then invest in other areas and then all the funny things follows.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The monk also teaches us that Money is lubricant, it almost can be a king to do every thing in life.

that's why the monk can be thrusted with money. he is a MONK anyway.:rolleyes:

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have one point which i am unclear about

is Rev Ming Yi the only buddhist monk that lives an extravagant lifestyle?

that answer is NO

so when he talks about the modern monk, is it a concept that monks had moved into but followers lag behind or has buddhism branched into two forks?

for the buddhist theorists here you still need to conclude - if the pursuit and enjoyment of a wealthy lifestyle beyond the dreams of many - the right way?

if so, how do you argue that?

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who argue that Rev Ming Yi did not hold a gun to your head and yet you donate - so he did nothing wrong, is missing the point

There are many people who did not hold a gun to your head but created impressions in you that cause you to donate to them, vote for them or buy from them.

So why do people feel wronged?

Because without these impressions, the very same people will not donate, vote or buy.

Not even if you hold a toy gun to their head.

Try this: will you donate to NKF if TT Durai is still in charge? Why not? Since Durai had never hold a gun to your head in asking you for donations.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just want to know whether Goh Kah Heng and Raymond Yeung are lovers?

According to Piya Tan, monks having engaged in "sex with penetration and ejaculation" face expulsion from the Sangha, the monastic order that along with the Buddha and the Dharma (teaching) is part of Buddhism's three-fold refuge.

"This is true whether a monk has broken his vow of chastity with a woman, a man or a child," Piya Tan said. "The punishment will be less severe if there were no penetration or ejaculation."

In that case, the offender would only be disciplined, perhaps demoted in rank, but not evicted from the monastery, the scholar explained.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going by the latest reports on GKH, it seems that he is too modern for his own good. Maybe he has forgotten that he wears a monk's robes and he is also shaved botak! He is also such a public high profile figure of a charity Ren Ci Hospital. Very powerful symbols of Buddhism, if u ask me, a plain novice.
Yes, don't begrudge his scuba diving, penchant for famous brands, living in luxurious hotels and his many frequent trips abroad including holidays but surely a line must be drawn somewhere or else why remain clothed in a monk's robes?:biggrin:

paultan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to prove whether he has done penetration or not is to send him to doctor to check his "kar chng" or his lover's "kar chng" to see whether there is any torn or not.