• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thai young grass look like this

null-570.jpg

The Thai young grass reflected in your photo looks fresh, spring like, with an apparent proportionate amount of fat, and probably succulent and delicious.
I assume you will never be short on alternatives and choice.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, the above photo of the bread in Thailand is half loaf (10 slices). There is a longer one which is 1 loaf and also a shorter one which is 1/4 loaf. This photo in Singapore is considered 1 loaf or 1/2 loaf? I don't recall seeing a full loaf being sold in Singapore before.

they have full loaf and 1/2 loaf but not the 1/4 loaf.

but knn, the prices for the 1/2 loaf cost more than a full loaf of some other brands.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Thai young grass reflected in your photo looks fresh, spring like, with an apparent proportionate amount of fat, and probably succulent and delicious.
I assume you will never be short on alternatives and choice.

Never short buddy, never. Many young grass looking for sponsors.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now on my way to Saiyoke, Kanchanaburi. Many will know and remember this place along River Kwai where SAF has a base. This is where I had my exercise Crocodile almost 30 years ago. Will be staying in a reset Sweet Bee. Well post more later.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now on my way to Saiyoke, Kanchanaburi. Many will know and remember this place along River Kwai where SAF has a base. This is where I had my exercise Crocodile almost 30 years ago. Will be staying in a reset Sweet Bee. Well post more later.

have fun brother, though the exercise code name sounds more interesting. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arrived in River Kwai

null-2160.jpg

null-955.jpg

Lunch time
null-1791.jpg

[video=youtube;zT57UyH14C8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT57UyH14C8[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
River Kwai

[video=youtube;dhH-NVxapm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhH-NVxapm4[/video]

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Khwae Yai River (Thai: แม่น้ำแควใหญ่, RTGS: Maenam Khwae Yai, IPA: [mɛ̂ːnáːm kʰwɛː jàj]), also known as the Si Sawat (แม่น้ำศรีสวัสดิ์ [mɛ̂ː náːm sǐː sa.wàt]), is a river in western Thailand. It has its source in the Tenasserim Hills and flows for about 380 kilometres through Sangkhla Buri, Si Sawat, and Mueang Districts of Kanchanaburi Province, where it merges with the Khwae Noi to form the Mae Klong River at Pak Phraek subdistrict.

The famous bridge of the Burma Railway crosses the river at Tha Makham Subdistrict of the Mueang District. However this is not the same bridge as depicted in The Bridge over the River Kwai by Pierre Boulle and in its film adaptation. That bridge was built of wood approximately 100 metres upriver from the current bridge. No remnants of the wooden bridge remain.

Up until the 1960s, the river was considered part of the Mae Klong itself, but this part of the Mae Klong was then renamed Khwae Yai to bring geographical fact more in line with the fictional association with the name 'River Kwai'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khwae_Yai_River

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arrived in River Kwai

wah lau, joe, u come to my wife's zai tuay never tell me.. which resort u sleep at? i always book river kwai resort if my family is coming over. it's just around 100-200m away from the iconic bridge.

i see that u went to restaur. keeree tara. good choice. but i would recommend Loft. its just beside keeree. food is nicer and have more variety of wine. but of cos, the menu item are more expensive. btw, these 2 restaur are owned by the same boss.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
traditional hainanese style roti. ..No preservatives but have to finish within 2 days else the green mold will appear. Remember gardenia and sunshine breads can last a week without refrigeration but that also means lot of preservatives. local white bread or even wholemeal breads too 'sweet' for me.
sleaguepunter said:
kopitiam use normally very light and fluffy. a lot of air inside, sometime cut open can have big lobangs inside. now this type of bakery is a declining trade,

On things bread, personally find "standard" bread from super kind of gummy. Not the best for sandwiches, after kept for awhile. Kopitiam roti is like eating air, ala toastbox or yakun style.

Prefer the more rustic (if you call it that, or "fancy") types from pastry or bakery shop like SwissBake or Cedele. Mutigrain, rye etc. Good enough to eat on its own with some spread, but freaking expensive from S$5-7 a loaf. But can get day old bread at 30/40% discount from Swissbake or late "happy hours". Quality win hands down, as you don't get the whiff of preservatives or bad transfat stuff (as from some local bakeries cutting corners).

1303283893_pic_bakery_authenticGermanbread.gif

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. last whole week never show up at my offices. must show face a little bit else everyone think i 偏心.

right hand also meat, left hand also meat lah.

Last edited: