• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not tua kang, any sbf want to settle online dao zhi can contact me. can arrange.

what is 'online dao zhi'?? dao zhi, as in tou zhi, or investment?

got any good lobang or not? yo chunburi, i'm interested in your rice broker thingy. but maybe i'll be broking other commodities. perhaps sugar cane or cassava??

i'm also starting a business in thailand. just rented a shop, and its freaking cheap! per month only 2k baht. too bad i don't have photos to show ( in case people say i tua kang yao siu) cos, if u read my earlier post, i lost my iphone in pattaya.

still thinking of what to do. but first thing is, i need to renovate the shop.

i also starting to move to thailand for good! wife just decided to buy a car. first hand red colour plate one hor! we are looking at low income car, perhaps a vios (650K baht) or honda city (640K baht).

anyway, thanks to one of the siam kia bro who added my points. u know who u are.
welcome welcome.

go for city lah. vios very very boring. sao sao prefer city. :smile: city also more modification options than vios.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. sugar cane only few provinces strong and all in issarn. same as eucalyptus. :smile:

so you can start learning how to eat issarn food and maybe some issarn slang.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehehe. sugar cane only few provinces strong and all in issarn. same as eucalyptus. :smile:

so you can start learning how to eat issarn food and maybe some issarn slang.

yo chun, u still have not tell me what is 'online dao zhi'...

but my wife house there also a lot of sugar cane ... btw, my thai relatives all do cassava.

yo joey, my shop is neither in BKK nor Patt.. its in kanchanaburi river kwai, but not directly in front. its around the vinicity of river kwai.

wifey says want to start a small coffee house (don't know why all thai sao like to do coffee house??) but i was thinking of starting a small gym..

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

but my wife house there also a lot of sugar cane ... btw, my thai relatives all do cassava.

yo joey, my shop is neither in BKK nor Patt.. its in kanchanaburi river kwai, but not directly in front. its around the vinicity of river kwai.

wifey says want to start a small coffee house (don't know why all thai sao like to do coffee house??) but i was thinking of starting a small gym..

Before you do that, please consider the number of gyms in that town or city, sit or stand outside the gym during the peak hours and count the number of members or customers, for 7 consecutive days, then estimate the average per day, then multiply by the monthly membership fees to estimate the gross monthly fees, and thereafter estimate the monthly overhead costs and do a cashflow projection to determine whether it is worthwhile.

In addition, please evaluate whether the locals are into the exercise and "gym routine."

That is my 2 cents worth, as an insolvency practitioner.

Good luck.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, i do considered that.

the area there does not have any gym. and when i do it, i am actually doing it to catch the ang mo crowds. river kwai has lots of ang mo from every country, and there are roads named after a lot of countries e.g. new zealand road etc...

but that was just a thought. i mean, with the low rental (2k baht per mth), its even cheaper than renting a house!

i can use the front as a coffee bar, while the back i can make it into a small bedroom and voila! i have a small house of rental at $80 bucks per month.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i do considered that.

the area there does not have any gym. and when i do it, i am actually doing it to catch the ang mo crowds. river kwai has lots of ang mo from every country, and there are roads named after a lot of countries e.g. new zealand road etc...

but that was just a thought. i mean, with the low rental (2k baht per mth), its even cheaper than renting a house!

i can use the front as a coffee bar, while the back i can make it into a small bedroom and voila! i have a small house of rental at $80 bucks per month.

Very good.
Are the Caucasians long term residents and or permanent residents?
Or unless you are consdiering the gym business to cater to the Caucasian tourists?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehehe. Bro roti is right. Just found out last night boxing ring is available for private matches for a fee. Referee also available for rent.

Coffee House?!?! hehehehe. Your location should be a good one if near tourist attractions.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x'mas party at 8pm at staff's family restaurant as my shop not ready yet unless want them to sit on the floor.
kns, later need to tcss. no scripts, just drink a few more changs and talk cork
. thanks to bro fusoh, the ballantine 12 years come in handy tonight. gold label i already gai guat. :p

chonburifc wishes all and all at home a merry x'mas and happy new year.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prizes for tonight's party and lots of beers, cocktails (barcadi breezer and smirnoff). :p

the main attraction is 1st prize. not going to say what it is, else kena say me tua kang. clue: first prize is in envelope one. :smile:

hehehe. actually i started earky liaoz.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
prizes for tonight's party and lots of beers, cocktails (barcadi breezer and smirnoff). :p

the main attraction is 1st prize. not going to say what it is, else kena say me tua kang. clue: first prize is in envelope one. :smile:

hehehe. actually i started earky liaoz.[/QUOTE

Now i am at golden mile drinking with friendz and see many sao sao wearing santa claus hat. Kok na rak

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup ; Merry Christmas

mstarchristmas_1280x1024.jpg

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawadeekarp !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Thailand brudders :wink:
Too old to cheong nowadays :p
Had a wonderful dinner at a homie's place