• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fried pumpkin with dried shrimps

goes well with this bowl of rice...multi grain rice with millet and black sesame

Hehehe. You health freak again.:smile: Think must be due to your healthy food posting that I switch to wholemeal bread 2 days ago. But it's not Aroi at all. :(
BTW, what type of oil you are using for your cooking?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah so power old school country singer u also know. I only know old school reggae singer.
Yeah, I actually know about this singer about 2-3 years ago when I was in a Thai style Karaoke. There was this singer that could sing so many nice songs and I found out all the songs are from Sunari. So I went to buy a few album and really like her vocals.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
However, one thing I must say is car price is still fxxking expensive in SG.

Despite Thailand being a major automobile producer in the world, car prices are very high. Simply compare the selling prices of the same cars with Taiwan and even Malaysia and Indonesia, Thailand is most expensive. Even petrol prices is almost double when compared to Malaysia.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite Thailand being a major automobile producer in the world, car prices are very high. Simply compare the selling prices of the same cars with Taiwan and even Malaysia and Indonesia, Thailand is most expensive. Even petrol prices is almost double when compared to Malaysia.

Still feeling 'sore' over your Lexus GS ? Come lah, come Taiwan.:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Still feeling 'sore' over your Lexus GS ? Come lah, come Taiwan.:p

I am not sore la pii just stating a fact and I am not talking about imported cars like Lexus I'm referring to domestically produced cars like Vios, Altis, Civic, Accord etc etc

While we were in Rayong having a retreat last weekend with the partners and families we discussed and agreed to get a GS for each one of us later this year. I told them to go ahead but leave me out as I will be spending 75% of my time in Indonesia very soon so I guess I will do it in I'sia instead.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I told them to go ahead but leave me out as I will be spending 75% of my time in Indonesia very soon so I guess I will do it in I'sia instead.

Hope you are not spending 75% of your life-time in Indo, you'll regret even if the money is good

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simi si moh nuat?

Ang moh i know what does the moh in moh nuat mean?

Such chim thai.

Maw nuat already explained. Other forms are:
Maw - normal doctor
Maw Fan - dentist (Fan=teeth)
Maw Doo - fortune teller (Doo=see)

Some hotel photos of a recent stay in Bangkok

Pool

View from Room

der="0" alt="Photobucket">

Food in Chinatown: Khao Moo Kob + Khoo Moo Something + Chinese Herbal Soup + Or-Liang (Iced Coffee)

Gold Prices at Hua Seng Tong in Chinatown. Thais love gold. There was one customer inside who laid down 4-sen (400k) baht cash to buy gold when I was there. I was there just to enjoy aircon :biggrin:

Indian Thali (80B) at Pahurat. Pahurat is Little India - next to Yaowarat. You can access this by car/taxi by crossing Memorial Bridge (Saphan Phut) or by river taxi. Lots of Indian shops + one Indian Mall called India Emporium.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Morning guys. The weather today look promising. Got a free 'natural rain' car wash last night. :p

ChFC. you converted your Vios to NGT or LPG already ?

Do you have the pricing of alternative fuels compared to petrol ?
Nope, have not convert yet but most likely will do it after my next servicing 38,000 km. Now is 36,000 km. The price for the LPG/NGV unit is around THB20K.

Here's the price for the various fuels:
1. Benzine 91 = THB 41/LT
2. Gasohol 95 = THB 37/LT
3. Gasohol 91 = THB 35/LT
4. NGV = THB 11/KG

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maw nuat already explained. Other forms are:
Maw - normal doctor
Maw Fan - dentist (Fan=teeth)
Maw Doo - fortune teller (Doo=see)

Some hotel photos of a recent stay in Bangkok
Hehehe. what about Maw Lam (Issarn Music) ?:p
Nice pics! The swimming pool look a little like Dusit D2 style.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehehe. Petrol prices in Malaysia is subsidized one lah. On the car price part, the difference between car prices in LOS and the countries mentioned are in 'percentage'. But SG prices is a few 'times' more than any country.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Khun rotikosong, nice infinity pool. Was this a glitzy hotel along C Phraya river? :p And Yaowarat tong shop looks familiar sight on main stretch

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khun rotikosong, nice infinity pool. Was this a glitzy hotel along C Phraya river? :p And Yaowarat tong shop looks familiar sight on main stretch

I was at a Yaowarat gold shop called Hua Seng Heng (which I believe is a trusted brand) opposite the White Orchid Hotel and the shop was crowded. All along the counter were customers 2-deep. Customers were counting out so many large bundles of cash on the counter that at first, I was a little afraid that a robbery might take place.

I did a walk of Chinatown from Wai Traimit (the largest gold buddha) to Wat Mangkorn Kamalawat (large Chinese-style temple). Along the way, had coffee at teochew-style coffeeshop. Old customers there all seem to speak Teochew (I think). Passed by millions of birds-next, sharks-fin, sio bak etc.

Weather was super hot though. Didn't rain until the last day I was there when it rained dogs and cats in the evening. Parts of the highway (tang duan) were shut down in the afternoon because the King was coming back from Ayutthaya

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.. at a Yaowarat gold shop called Hua Seng Heng (which I believe is a trusted brand) opposite the White Orchid Hotel and the shop was crowded. All along the counter were customers 2-deep. Customers were counting out so many large bundles of cash on the counter that at first, I was a little afraid that a robbery might take place.
Old customers there all seem to speak Teochew (I think). Passed by millions of birds-next, sharks-fin, sio bak etc.
So did you buy or sell (your family heirloom) +555? Yo, it's a teochew enclave. And sights (and smells) are quite something, unlike Singapore's lost charms (you could almost say it's 'antiseptic').

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to share some funnies on corporate life depicting man's best friend:p Familiar faces?

CEO, CFO?
7e866f7a.jpg

ea151b49.jpg

8b58eead.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More, pls bear with me..

3cd9e049.jpg

Big meeting
457da98d.jpg

Inter dept co-operation?
56d6bc9c.jpg

TGIF
81cb544b.jpg

566dabf8.jpg

After TGIF
71d72771.jpg

Mao laew, on Sukhumvit
13c18eb2.jpg

At 5.01pm
72a030cf.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
. . . . .
Indian Thali (80B) at Pahurat. Pahurat is Little India - next to Yaowarat. You can access this by car/taxi by crossing Memorial Bridge (Saphan Phut) or by river taxi. Lots of Indian shops + one Indian Mall called India Emporium.

Thanks rotikosong for this info, I'm a sucker for Indian food. I hope to visit this place next week. Really thanks so much.