• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Powerful Case for God

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, now you hit the nail on your coffin. You forget you did say evolution is hoax? Dumbass fucktard creationist raping proven science.

The nail is on your coffin since you cannot read plain English. I merely acknowledged that the pope and bishop are believers in evolution without saying they are right in doing so. I did say evolution is a hoax, and it is. I also said the Bible is not a science textbook. So what's your problem? What's the problem? And what part of evolution is proven science? What do you know about science or evolution anyway? :wink:

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Church of England apologizes to Darwin

Dear gentle reader,

As someone who has had an ongoing struggle with the Anglican Communion his entire adult life, and to whom the current, obvious, and slow-motion destruction of the entire historical Anglican Church brings no joy, I have a few comments on the anticipated apology of the Church of England, led by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, to Charles Darwin. Despite indications to the contrary, this clearly has had some thought put into it, as evidenced by the Darwin section of the Church of England and website:

Charles Darwin: 200 years from your birth, the Church of England owes you an apology for misunderstanding you and, by getting our first reaction wrong, encouraging others to misunderstand you still. “

1. As perceptive observers have already pointed out, there is no historical reason for the Church of England to make an apology to Charles Darwin – please remember that he was awarded an honorary degree from Cambridge, and is buried at Westminster Abbey. There was no persecution, no censure, only debates. Thus the apology for “misunderstanding”.
2.This fact then begs the question: What on earth is going on?
3.The answer is that this move attempts to accomplish three things. First, as is explicitly stated, it makes a condemnation of those wrong-thinking people that are under the impression there is a conflict between Christian teaching and Darwinian theory by “apologizing”, rather than make the statement directly. Second, it attempts to put the Anglican Communion on par with the Roman Catholic Church in regard to the Galileo affair. Third, the well-written meat of the website by Revd Dr Malcolm Brown gives coaching on how to be a Christian and a Darwinist. To his credit, he also discusses the `dark side’ of Darwin, concluding “his [Darwin’s] theory … has been inflated into a general theory of everything – which is not only erroneous but dangerous.”
4.The bigger question is why Rowan Williams and other senior figures in the C of E feel that they need to make the apology. After studying the actions of this man after he became archbishop of Canterbury, my answer to this question is the same to the motives of numerous other inexplicable actions he has made: It makes no sense and I cannot discern any thoughtful leadership. The only straw I can grasp is that the idea sounds good to a certain mindset, that it puts the C of E in the news, and gives him praise from some in positions of secular authority (though evidently the opposite has happened). Perhaps he was thinking there has been a constant stream of bad news about the Anglican Communion in the press, and this would be a nice break. What he doesn’t seem to appreciate is that it is precisely this kind of ridiculous statement (regardless of your views on theology or science) that is a symptom of the larger detachment from reality within the majority of the Anglican church of England, the US, and Canada.
The C of E has apologized for misunderstanding Darwin. Considering the website quotation from Bishop Rayfield, “Theology and science each have much to contribute in the assertion of the Psalmist that we are ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’”, I suspect that most Darwinian biologists would comment that the C of E misunderstands Darwin even today.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The nail is on your coffin since you cannot read plain English. I merely acknowledged that the pope and bishop are believers in evolution without saying they are right in doing so. I did say evolution is a hoax, and it is. I also said the Bible is not a science textbook. So what's your problem? What's the problem? And what part of evolution is proven science? What do you know about science or evolution anyway? :wink:

Fanatic nuts from radical cult sects banging hard against the official stance of mainstream churches on established science. LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Church of England apologizes to Darwin

Dear gentle reader,

As someone who has had an ongoing struggle with the Anglican Communion his entire adult life, and to whom the current, obvious, and slow-motion destruction of the entire historical Anglican Church brings no joy, I have a few comments on the anticipated apology of the Church of England, led by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, to Charles Darwin. Despite indications to the contrary, this clearly has had some thought put into it, as evidenced by the Darwin section of the Church of England and website:

Charles Darwin: 200 years from your birth, the Church of England owes you an apology for misunderstanding you and, by getting our first reaction wrong, encouraging others to misunderstand you still. “

1. As perceptive observers have already pointed out, there is no historical reason for the Church of England to make an apology to Charles Darwin – please remember that he was awarded an honorary degree from Cambridge, and is buried at Westminster Abbey. There was no persecution, no censure, only debates. Thus the apology for “misunderstanding”.
2.This fact then begs the question: What on earth is going on?
3.The answer is that this move attempts to accomplish three things. First, as is explicitly stated, it makes a condemnation of those wrong-thinking people that are under the impression there is a conflict between Christian teaching and Darwinian theory by “apologizing”, rather than make the statement directly. Second, it attempts to put the Anglican Communion on par with the Roman Catholic Church in regard to the Galileo affair. Third, the well-written meat of the website by Revd Dr Malcolm Brown gives coaching on how to be a Christian and a Darwinist. To his credit, he also discusses the `dark side’ of Darwin, concluding “his [Darwin’s] theory … has been inflated into a general theory of everything – which is not only erroneous but dangerous.”
4.The bigger question is why Rowan Williams and other senior figures in the C of E feel that they need to make the apology. After studying the actions of this man after he became archbishop of Canterbury, my answer to this question is the same to the motives of numerous other inexplicable actions he has made: It makes no sense and I cannot discern any thoughtful leadership. The only straw I can grasp is that the idea sounds good to a certain mindset, that it puts the C of E in the news, and gives him praise from some in positions of secular authority (though evidently the opposite has happened). Perhaps he was thinking there has been a constant stream of bad news about the Anglican Communion in the press, and this would be a nice break. What he doesn’t seem to appreciate is that it is precisely this kind of ridiculous statement (regardless of your views on theology or science) that is a symptom of the larger detachment from reality within the majority of the Anglican church of England, the US, and Canada.
The C of E has apologized for misunderstanding Darwin. Considering the website quotation from Bishop Rayfield, “Theology and science each have much to contribute in the assertion of the Psalmist that we are ‘fearfully and wonderfully made’”, I suspect that most Darwinian biologists would comment that the C of E misunderstands Darwin even today.

Do you even read what you post?:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fanatic nuts from radical cult sects banging hard against the official stance of mainstream churches on established science. LOL!

What makes you so sure that official stance of mainstream churches is the correct stance?

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't tell the counterfeit because you don't even know how the genuine looks like.:rolleyes:

The official letter and statements from the mainstream churches are out for any kind of open scrutinization. Yours still cannot see daylight hor? So I am not wrong to say your faith is a cult sect, so secretive! The smart forum readers will tell which one can be trusted. :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The official letter and statements from the mainstream churches are out for any kind of open scrutinization. Yours still cannot see daylight hor? So I am not wrong to say your faith is a cult sect, so secretive! The smart forum readers will tell which one can be trusted. :wink:

The smart forum readers will know that exposed abysmally ignorant and vulgar village atheist cannot be trusted.:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The smart forum readers will know that exposed abysmally ignorant and vulgar village atheist cannot be trusted.:wink:

They don't trust me never mind, at least they know they can trust official statements and LETTER. Not a dua kang cult that has NOTHING! :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
They don't trust me never mind, at least they know they can trust official statements and LETTER. Not a dua kang cult that has NOTHING! :wink:

Between the Bible which is the Word of God, and human authorities, who should we trust?

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

This case is between official published stance on science and whinning or nothing. Nothing. :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you go and show your face, I will do the same. But Christian like you just talk till heaven dropped. :wink:

Already told you whether I go or not is irrelevant. Why you need me to chaperone you?

I have already attended a few of these talks over the years. Or too expensive to afford student rate and you need me to pay for you? :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This case is between official published stance on science and whinning or nothing. Nothing. :wink:

How often has official stance been wrong?:wink:

The case is between whose word you should trust, God or man?

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbass cult has nothing to prove, simply want to whine at official apology made for an 'misunderstanding'. :wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
How often has official stance been wrong?:wink:

The case is between whose word you should trust, God or man?

Between your cooked up words and bullshits, tell the smart readers who they should trust.

I repost your 'words of God' as proof...

"Of course God doesn't need our help. Problem with the abysmally ignorant atheist is that he thinks God need our help. Here's the fact which the ignorant atheist does not see, God wants us to be His spokespeople. He chooses to involve puny humans to accomplish His eternal purpose. So we are asked to proclaim the Good News, and defend it if necessary (because there are people like you around!). If you want God to appear before you and you do not want to hear another Christian speak, also can. Wait for judgement day lor with all your defiance, the day you see God in person is the day you kena thrown into hell with no chance of repentance. You game for that? My advice to you, don't kick against the goads. (Betcha don't know what that means either.)"-Fraudo

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbass cult has nothing to prove, simply want to whine at official apology made for an 'misunderstanding'. :wink:

Whoever wants to apologise to Darwin is not my problem. I owe him no apology. Betcha also don't know that there are Roman Catholics who don't agree with the pope and that there are Anglicans who don't agree with COE bishop. But what do you care for?:rolleyes:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Between your cooked up words and bullshits, tell the smart readers who they should trust.

I repost your 'words of God' as proof...

"Of course God doesn't need our help. Problem with the abysmally ignorant atheist is that he thinks God need our help. Here's the fact which the ignorant atheist does not see, God wants us to be His spokespeople. He chooses to involve puny humans to accomplish His eternal purpose. So we are asked to proclaim the Good News, and defend it if necessary (because there are people like you around!). If you want God to appear before you and you do not want to hear another Christian speak, also can. Wait for judgement day lor with all your defiance, the day you see God in person is the day you kena thrown into hell with no chance of repentance. You game for that? My advice to you, don't kick against the goads. (Betcha don't know what that means either.)"-Fraudo

Proof of what?:wink: