• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

85 Bedok North Fried Oyster

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG20201108233425-01-03.jpg

Helmed by former seafood restaurant chef Ng Soon Huat, 85 Bedok North Fried Oyster (勿洛北85蚝煎) began life 18 years ago at then already thriving east side supper haunt Fengshan Food Centre, expanding over time to lease adjoining stalls that most fortunately command prominent street frontage (it has since further enacted satellite presences in Hougang, Kovan and Sengkang). The humble orh luak (or orh neng, the sister version sans tapioca starch) being ceaselessly whipped up all night long aside, a roster of other local favourites such as fried kway teow, carrot cake and fried hokkien prawn mee are also sold here.

85 Bedok North Fried Oyster opens daily from 4pm-2am.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2020/11/85-bedok-north-fried-oyster.html

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alot of good stalls at 85 Bedok North. One thing I like about the place is that during the night, they used to set up the tables outside the HC. You have a good outdoor ambience while having your supper there. Not sure if they still doing that now since it has been ages since I was there.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
"The Fried Kway Teow was palate-titillating TIGHT - moist, springy flat rice noodles charred to a heady sweet T leapt out at taste buds amidst an emulsive, soy (sauce) sozzled bosom of yellow mee, blood cockles and lup cheong bits."

Written by Claire again?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jalan bersah foodcenter has a stall that taste way better than the above. Stall open after 6pm till midnight. Located in the basement level.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
orhluah nice meh?
the thought of eating fried starch puts me off
haaaa
I have tried the orhluah in Taipei and Shanghai (teochew restaurant). Prefer the versions there where the starch is fried until crispy. In sg it's always half sticky.

Maybe that is the way it's supposed to be cooked. If I ever have a chance to go to Fujian or Chaozhou I will know which is the original version

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have tried the orhluah in Taipei and Shanghai (teochew restaurant). Prefer the versions there where the starch is fried until crispy. In sg it's always half sticky.

Maybe that is the way it's supposed to be cooked. If I ever have a chance to go to Fujian or Chaozhou I will know which is the original version
nowadays i avoid carbo
only eat carbo selectively
and even if i have to eat rice, i eat basmati
for noodles, i go for sweet potato vermicelli which has low calories and GI

02256d7b5048934443988c4b94ee250f.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays i avoid carbo
only eat carbo selectively
and even if i have to eat rice, i eat basmati
for noodles, i go for sweet potato vermicelli which has low calories and GI

02256d7b5048934443988c4b94ee250f.jpg
Have you tried soba noodles? Also a good low GI alternative to wheat/grain noodles

Actually orhneng (not orhjian) is one of my break fast meal favs. Pure eggs and oysters only :thumbsup:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there’s a stall in tiong bahru that fries it to a crisp. forgot the name of stall. it’s the best in sg. crunchy crispy starch and eggs yet oysters are fresh, moist and succulent. perfect. way better than taiwanese version which is gluey and has menses sauce on it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just like clockworld the loser piece of shit logs out of @laksaboy and logs into @eatshitndie. everyone now knows what a consummate loser this fucktard is. HEE HEE HEE

View attachment 96591

Seriously, I am not ESAD. You honestly need psychiatric help for your delusions.

And for the US election, we'll let the legal process play out, similar to Bush v Gore in 2000.

Obviously you're convinced that Trump is the second coming of Hitler. That's your opinion.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, I am not ESAD. You honestly need psychiatric help for your delusions.

And for the US election, we'll let the legal process play out, similar to Bush v Gore in 2000.

Obviously you're convinced that Trump is the second coming of Hitler. That's your opinion.
just ignore this pest. heshe's unhinged, especially when anyone casts tiongcock, tions, and the ccp in an unfavorable light. it's never about trump.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

I can tell you Swatao version is very crispy version and the oysters there are humongous! Sinkiestan version the oysters so small you missed them totally sometimes. No sweetened sauce over them unlike Taiwanese version.

Didn’t get to try Shanghainese version of orhluak though...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Jalan bersah foodcenter has a stall that taste way better than the above. Stall open after 6pm till midnight. Located in the basement level.

Jalan Berseh or Jalan Besar?
I used to go Simon Road just for the crispy orhluak.