• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$645K HDB's priciest flats go on sale. Still AFFORDABLE Woh!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
invest in low rise properties in johor. they are going for around usd150k for a relatively substantial piece of land (compared to sg) and state-of-the-art single-level or two-level housing. johor is near sg, so you can enjoy your weekend home just by crossing the crossway. the only annoyance is the wait at the checkpoint. if you work in sg, rent a room from hdb dwellers. invest the bulk of your money in a real house with freehold land. think about your retirement now, not when you retire.

Thanks,

Great advise, I'll go and do a ground survey to see the possibilities in this.

Which part of Johor would you recommend? and FREEHOLD land?

Can we get PRship in Malaysia when we invest this amount of money?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks,

Great advise, I'll go and do a ground survey to see the possibilities in this.

Which part of Johor would you recommend? and FREEHOLD land?

Can we get PRship in Malaysia when we invest this amount of money?

there's a thread here dealing with homes in johor. it's very helpful. don't have all the answers, but coming to visit johor very soon. a prospective investor from california. johor seems to be a great place to invest and retire in, considering the warm climate, low cost of living, wide and ample space, improving quality of lifestyle, and proximity to sg. getting a pr there would be a good thing.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
--> that quote is dangerous.

My honest opinion, I'll rather vote for LKY than his dumb son. (if he is available)

But to vote for Opposition, is suicide... just be informed that your vote is serialized buddy... meaning traceable... buddy.

the whiteboys know that you vote or not, and also know who you vote.

I'm not here to decide what is right or wrong, but I am here to vent out a frustration as a Singaporean who wants an AFFORDABLE HDB near my parents, at an affordable price, but not like PRIVATE HOUSING.

With current pricing in HDB in SINGAPORE, these pricings are equivalents of PRIVATE PROPERTIES in MANY COUNTRIES!!! can live in a CONDOMINUM in China with good swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, and 2 layer security guards, and with a home of about 120 m square!!!

SOMEBODY better get their fact right in pricing the HDB... cost of construction cannot be so high one...

Spoken like a true blue 66% Singaporean.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP pretty good in making a property bubble. wow. so they stop making affordable house for peasant and start cathering with the rich.
good for them. PAP the people party.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
--> that quote is dangerous.

My honest opinion, I'll rather vote for LKY than his dumb son. (if he is available)

But to vote for Opposition, is suicide... just be informed that your vote is serialized buddy... meaning traceable... buddy.

if everybody think like u, then this nation is fuck:mad:

so what the vote is serialise? wanna vote for oppo just vote.. scare this scare that for fuck?? like that future generations including your offsprings will still be screwed by MIW..

come on.. show some guts:mad:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

so what the vote is serialise? wanna vote for oppo just vote.. scare this scare that for fuck?? like that future generations including your offsprings will still be screwed by MIW..

Dear SIFU,

Looking for your opinion.

Say, you really want to vote, however, the OPPOSITION is NOT to PAR.

It's not a problem of being scared, but a problem of being logical.

Say, you really want to vote for Opposition, but your home estate don't have any contenders for the CONSTITUENCY.

And simply because the CONSTITUENCY formed up is too powerful, and 3 of the OPPOSITION equates to nothing.

What do you do?

so, Mr. SIFU, you very brave, I respect that... I know you will vote for opposition any chance given, however, could you share your kind thoughts on how to solve the problem?

I am just one of the chickens 66%, and around my home, I can't see any Opposition?

Would you become a opposition? I maybe can consider voting you. Mr. Sifu, you're the boss.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear SIFU,

Looking for your opinion.

Say, you really want to vote, however, the OPPOSITION is NOT to PAR.

It's not a problem of being scared, but a problem of being logical.

QUOTE]

sperminator,

i am not the least interested in getting involved with politics..

we must face the fact that PAP is no longer interested in taking care of singaporeans.

no need any tactic or what. dun ever think that your 1 vote to oppo is of no use. if everybody think like that, oppo sure to lose.

i have voted 4 times in my life b4, all to oppo. i dun care who the oppo is.. as long as they contest in my area, they will get my vote..

if u and the rest of 66% still believe in the state media that there r no quality oppo, u can continue to vote MIW.

then accept whatever shit they give u and stop complaining about high hdb prices.:cool:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
so, Mr. SIFU, you very brave, I respect that... I know you will vote for opposition any chance given, however, could you share your kind thoughts on how to solve the problem?

QUOTE]

u dun need to be brave to vote for the oppo.. u just need a mind and some logical thinking.:cool:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
if a couple can't afford to pay $2288 a month or more, then don't buy 5 room flat pinnicle@duxton lar. so simple. why die die must buy 5 room flat near prime cbd area?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
if a couple can't afford to pay $2288 a month or more, then don't buy 5 room flat pinnicle@duxton lar. so simple. why die die must buy 5 room flat near prime cbd area?

Cos we are after swiss standard of living.

We as a people must progress in terms of standard of living.

Previous gen easily afford condos if both working grads. HDB flats were cheap and huge.

At this state, we are regressing.

More expensive smaller homes + overcrowding + some super ulu place + more debt + no money for leisure and children + both parents need to work to support subsidized flats = decline in standard of living.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I like wat you said. Got a frn in civil service. Scare to vote opp. I told him.. "if you scare, then dont vote la!!". I be honest here. I am not scare to vote opp. If the pap want my vote, then they jolly well do something abt the FTs, transportation and hdb. CCB to the govt.
!&!!

PS: FUCK the TP too!!!

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cos we are after swiss standard of living.

We as a people must progress in terms of standard of living.

Previous gen easily afford condos if both working grads. HDB flats were cheap and huge.

At this state, we are regressing.

More expensive smaller homes + overcrowding + some super ulu place + more debt + no money for leisure and children + both parents need to work to support subsidized flats = decline in standard of living.

for a couple working in the cbd area the penis@duxton wud be a good buy. no need to drive, save on erp and petrol, can walk to work. the amount of travelling time they would have saved. 20 minutes walk compared to 1 hours drive to work. time is money.

in 35 years time, i really do wonder how much that place can fetch. i think 4 years ago the 1st launch it was about $250k for the 4 room flat.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not the least interested in getting involved with politics..

we must face the fact that PAP is no longer interested in taking care of singaporeans.

no need any tactic or what. dun ever think that your 1 vote to oppo is of no use. if everybody think like that, oppo sure to lose.

i have voted 4 times in my life b4, all to oppo. i dun care who the oppo is.. as long as they contest in my area, they will get my vote..

if u and the rest of 66% still believe in the state media that there r no quality oppo, u can continue to vote MIW.

then accept whatever shit they give u and stop complaining about high hdb prices.:cool:

Dear Big Boss SIFU,

So, I guess you must be doing very well in your life, and have owned a HDB, and always voted opposition. Very happy for you, congratulations.

I thought this website is for some complaints to be heard and to be discussed?

If it were so easy that if you vote a opposition, and the HDB prices will magically drop, I'll do that, but who can stand up and guarantee that? Can you?

HDB pricing are based on DEMAND & SUPPLY, obviously, the DEMAND now is much much greater than SUPPLY. that's why the up pricing.

Sorry to tell you this, I'll VOTE for a competent Government, and that's my choice, and I would rather see SINGAPORE be in good hands. (even if it's run by MIW, at least their team is stronger)

Remember the HISTORY, Hitler rose because back then Germany was poor, and being bullied around by British and French, people were really going HUNGRY...

Now, really, how many people are going HUNGRY in SINGAPORE??? For me, being a usual person, I don't really care, and I don't want to see these people around my pigeon hole.

So, what's wrong with complaining about HIGH pricing?

what's wrong with typing into this forum to get some feedback from like minded people?

To each his own, has been the policy of friendly forumers to get a multi viewpoints, rather than sticking on a single point of view.

I am not a genius, likewise, I am not a hero, I am not brave, but I am just a Singaporean, who want to own a HDB with reasonable pricing... that's all.

Are there any constructive answers, rather than ONLY voting for the opposition? if that works, hey man, I'll do it!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Big Boss SIFU,

If it were so easy that if you vote a opposition, and the HDB prices will magically drop, I'll do that, but who can stand up and guarantee that? Can you?

Are there any constructive answers, rather than ONLY voting for the opposition? if that works, hey man, I'll do it!

hello sperminator,

i never think so far if voting for oppo will really lower hdb prices.. there r simply too many factors involved so it will not be a straight forward vote oppo = low hdb price..

however voting for oppo is one way which we can show our middle finger to PAP. let them know they cannot always get away with fuck-up policies and cockups.. let them know we tulan too many foreign trash around..

if u wanna think this think that and then eventually still cast yr vote to PAP, then i would respectfully say :

it is ppl like u that sabo ppl like me for another 5 years..:mad:

Last edited:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone should take all these "PRESS RELEASE" of SOLD OUT projects with a HUGE pinch of salt.

This is a dirty trick used by developers since the mid 1990s

How often have you heard that projects are sold out only to learn that up to 10 years later, the developers still have plenty of units for sale.

The latest project that was SOLD OUT years ago SUDDENLY have units for sale again is THE CARIBBEAN.
I was laughing when I saw the big ad in the papers last week.

Isnt this project sold out years ago? Any property people here?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's just see how long can these fucking prices hold themselves up in such a despairing world property market...

If the PAP thinks that their prices can defy the world market, they have another thing coming!

I think it will for a very long time.

The reason is because the real factors holding the prices up are under the control of the PAP via their Government.

For car prices - it is the number of COEs. Cutting the COE pushes the price of cars.

For HDB flats - it is the valuation. The valuation determines the amount of housing loan that can be gotten. (Though in this area, i must say that i am puzzled because the household income cannot exceed $8,000 and yet they can sustain a loan of $600,000. The only way i can see this happening is for the bank to extend the tenor way up. Yet given the anecdotal stories that singaporeans over 40 have difficulty in getting jobs, if true, then that would be a foolish thing to do from a conservative point of view. But when you are young, you are invincible.)

So it is sustainable.

What is puzzling is why should they want to do that?

After all, they are singaporeans - are they not? :confused:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. I think it's still a good buy considering its location. It will always have rental potential and you can still sell it for a small profit, at least, in 5 years.

Why do I say that?

Even during the worst recession in recent times, the PAP managed to RAISE HDB valuations. It means as long as they don't let prices fall, they won't fall. So all your moans of 'bubble' will not come to pass, and it won't happen now that the economy is recovering, to my surprise.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello sperminator,

i never think so far if voting for oppo will really lower hdb prices.. there r simply too many factors involved so it will not be a straight forward vote oppo = low hdb price..

however voting for oppo is one way which we can show our middle finger to PAP. let them know they cannot always get away with fuck-up policies and cockups.. let them know we tulan too many foreign trash around..

if u wanna think this think that and then eventually still cast yr vote to PAP, then i would respectfully say :

it is ppl like u that sabo ppl like me for another 5 years..:mad:

halo taokay big boss SIFU monkey bananas,

I don't know about you, but really, if you are so passionate about politics, then you should get yourself affiliated with a political party.

I'll remain to be the rest of the 66%, and vote whoever I want, with my own decision...

I would say that it's people like you that think that it's people like the 66% that sabo people like you. respectfully speaking.

at the end of the day... all losers lah... we can all complain, bitch, gripe... and at the end of the day, we are under market forces, and environmental forces...

to change, first we must change, simple period.... gracias, adios.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo taokay big boss SIFU monkey bananas,

I don't know about you, but really, if you are so passionate about politics, then you should get yourself affiliated with a political party.

I'll remain to be the rest of the 66%, and vote whoever I want, with my own decision...

I would say that it's people like you that think that it's people like the 66% that sabo people like you. respectfully speaking.

at the end of the day... all losers lah... we can all complain, bitch, gripe... and at the end of the day, we are under market forces, and environmental forces...

to change, first we must change, simple period.... gracias, adios.

u complain so much but still vote for PAP:confused:

its yr choice..:cool:

never mind i will stop engaging u..

道不同,不相为谋:cool: