• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 + 5 + 5 - 5 + 5 + 5 - 5 x 0 (a lot of people answer this wrongly)

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the answer is 20, then the multiplication has to be in brackets. i still believe parenthesis emphasise precedence in the operation.

See my answer. If there are no brackets, then multiplication and division take precedence over addition and subtraction.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See my answer. If there are no brackets, then multiplication and division take precedence over addition and subtraction.

Seriously, any Primary 3 or 4 kid should be able to answer this type of simple question. Dunno why so many chumps still get 0 or shockingly 15!!

Answer is 20. Let's move on!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, any Primary 3 or 4 kid should be able to answer this type of simple question. Dunno why so many chumps still get 0 or shockingly 15!!

Answer is 20. Let's move on!!

SG always trumpets that sinkie kids consistently tops the global maths ranking...
I suspect either those were FT kids or they cheated.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sequence shd read BOMDAS (precedence of X).

Some cannot even count fingers:p

No, BODMAS (precedence of division over multiplication).

But in practice it makes no difference whether you divide or multiply first. Answer's the same. Ditto for addition and subtraction.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the answer is 20, then the multiplication has to be in brackets. i still believe parenthesis emphasise precedence in the operation.

Move on lah shawna. You've embarrassed yourself enough. It took me a grand total of 5secs to calculate that the ans is 20. You're still agonising over the problem days later? It's precisely because there isn't any bracket that's why you only multiply the preceding number and not the full set of numbers. :rolleyes:

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Move on lah shawna. You've embarrassed yourself enough. It took me a grand total of 5secs to calculate that the ans is 20. You're still agonising over the problem days later? It's precisely because there isn't any bracket that's why you only multiply the preceding number and not the full set of numbers. :rolleyes:

lol... Cruxx Cruxx... u still sore with our last incident