• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

40 years already? Bring back good memories of Singapore in the past indeed

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This year, FairPrice Group is partnering =Dreams – a non-profit organisation that provides after-school academics and holistic support to low-income families – to collect, sort and distribute textbooks and educational materials such as notes, past exam papers and assessment books collected from the drive.

Ms Sharon Tay, the board director and chair of finance of =Dreams, said that its partnership with FairPrice Group is built on the charity’s mission to empower and inspire children from underprivileged backgrounds, and instil the values of sharing and sustainability in the community.

“Beyond the books, we aim to shape the future of families and children, and remind everyone that our next generation should always be encouraged and supported to dream big.”

Since it was first launched in 1983, Share-A-Textbook has grown to become Singapore’s largest annual textbook donation drive. It has brought together 15,000 volunteers who have sorted books and distributed them to students. Altogether, more than 6.8 million textbooks have gone towards helping over 280,000 students save on textbook expenses.

Mr Alvin Neo, chief customer and marketing officer of FairPrice Group, said that they aim to ease the cost of living for all in Singapore through Share-a-Textbook and are humbled to see people from all walks of life volunteer, cultivate the spirit of sharing, and contribute towards environmental sustainability.

“Access to education is at the heart of Singapore’s system of meritocracy, where all are rewarded by their ability and industriousness. Today’s students are our future generation of leaders, and we believe that regardless of social or economic background, they are all entitled to a fruitful education on equal footing.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...f-500000-textbooks-donation-drive-ends-nov-30

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two decades of the idiotic son in charge, the damage has been done, the good times are not coming back.

Or as one sharp Tiong has so eloquently put it:

成是你李家,败也是你李家 :cool:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
you over 40 years old already?
Ya I wish I am 12 now to enjoy the good care of VWO like this Dreams mentioned in the article providing “holistic support to low-income families”. Where got such good thing last time? Nowadays low income families are given good support from VWOs to government starting from young.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am happy to be among the pioneer generation beneficiaries for this annual text book donation drive. I wonder dog chicken hooker @JohnTan @UltimaOnline @iamnobody will insult the other many beneficiaries as chicken hookers too? 狗眼看人低! Pui!
Oh ya i remember this ntuc donate used text book thing was opened to all and everyone could be a beneficiary to walk in to ownself pick and select books and not that I am a beneficiary of some charity organization hor.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya i remember this ntuc donate used text book thing was opened to all and everyone could be a beneficiary to walk in to ownself pick and select books and not that I am a beneficiary of some charity organization hor.
@UltimaOnline and @iamnobody are you all beneficiaries of this ntuc used text book drive too? Why so quiet? As if I am the only beneficiary woh when there are hundreds of thousands of books collected and donated in the 40 years.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two decades of the idiotic son in charge, the damage has been done, the good times are not coming back.

Or as one sharp Tiong has so eloquently put it:

成是你李家,败也是你李家 :cool:
Objectively speaking, other than many 狗眼看人低的狗 in spore now from foreigners to locals bullying and insulting me a virgin as chicken slut, things have improved for low income families with better support for them starting from young given by VWO and government. Many schemes from government to help the low income families buy flats at much lower price - that day I saw from news even second timer that sold off their first hdb flat at profit and moved to rental flat are now able to benefit from some scheme to buy their second flat at good price.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya I wish I am 12 now to enjoy the good care of VWO like this Dreams mentioned in the article providing “holistic support to low-income families”. Where got such good thing last time? Nowadays low income families are given good support from VWOs to government starting from young.
can still becum rich by marrying a wealthy unker.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deary, you can convert them to joss papers at your nearest money changer. You will need them.
275304874.jpg

:geek:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
spend on hearing technology to counter whistling, knocking, hammering, and firecrackers.
How many times must I tell you it’s nothing to do with technology but evil human beings hiding in rat hole? But it’s a problem that can be solved by being very rich indeed. Need to rent a big penthouse - those with no neighbors next to you type - or a GCB with huge surrounding land to make sure no bully dogs can attack me with knocks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deary, you can convert them to joss papers at your nearest money changer. You will need them.
Tell that to yourself Jeremy Quek shameless liar bully dog smearing me a virgin as slut whore mistress non stop. Btw my mother is environment friendly and has stopped burning joss papers since decadeS ago.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many times must I tell you it’s nothing to do with technology but evil human beings hiding in rat hole? But it’s a problem that can be solved by being very rich indeed. Need to rent a big penthouse - those with no neighbors next to you type - or a GCB with huge surrounding land to make sure no bully dogs can attack me with knocks.
ridout gcb? with 6.9 acres?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
This year, FairPrice Group is partnering =Dreams – a non-profit organisation that provides after-school academics and holistic support to low-income families – to collect, sort and distribute textbooks and educational materials such as notes, past exam papers and assessment books collected from the drive.

Ms Sharon Tay, the board director and chair of finance of =Dreams, said that its partnership with FairPrice Group is built on the charity’s mission to empower and inspire children from underprivileged backgrounds, and instil the values of sharing and sustainability in the community.

“Beyond the books, we aim to shape the future of families and children, and remind everyone that our next generation should always be encouraged and supported to dream big.”

Since it was first launched in 1983, Share-A-Textbook has grown to become Singapore’s largest annual textbook donation drive. It has brought together 15,000 volunteers who have sorted books and distributed them to students. Altogether, more than 6.8 million textbooks have gone towards helping over 280,000 students save on textbook expenses.

Mr Alvin Neo, chief customer and marketing officer of FairPrice Group, said that they aim to ease the cost of living for all in Singapore through Share-a-Textbook and are humbled to see people from all walks of life volunteer, cultivate the spirit of sharing, and contribute towards environmental sustainability.

“Access to education is at the heart of Singapore’s system of meritocracy, where all are rewarded by their ability and industriousness. Today’s students are our future generation of leaders, and we believe that regardless of social or economic background, they are all entitled to a fruitful education on equal footing.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...f-500000-textbooks-donation-drive-ends-nov-30
40 years ago, a big floor area of 5 room HDB flats in good location sold at $99,000.00.