• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

28% pay cut for PM, 31% cut for entry-level ministers proposed

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you Gerald Ee:oIo::oIo:

The committee to review ministers' salaries has recommended a pay cut of 31 per cent for a minister at entry grade, and a cut of 28 per cent for the Prime Minister.:oIo::oIo:

The government intends to accept the committee's recommendations, the Prime Minister said in a letter to the committee released on Wednesday.

That means the salary of a minister at entry level will be cut to $1.1 million. This is down from the current actual salary which stood at $1.58 million in 2010. The Prime Minister's salary will also be adjusted to $2.2 million, down from the 2010 salary of $3.07 million. The President's annual salary will be cut by 51 per cent to $1.54 million.

The committee has also recommended that ministers' pensions be done away with.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The Review Committee, appointed by the Prime Minister to look at Ministerial salaries, has recommended cuts of between 36 and 53 per cent.

This was disclosed by Committee Chairman, Gerard Ee, on Wednesday at a news conference.

The Committee was appointed after the general election in May last year, and had submitted its report to the Prime Minister on December 30.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had announced the review at the swearing-in ceremony of the new cabinet in May last year.

Among the recommendations made are the Prime Minister's annual salary to be cut by 36 per cent, to S$2.2 million.

The annual salary of ministers will be cut by 37 per cent, to S$1.1 million.

The President's annual salary is reduced by 51 per cent, to S$1.54 million.

The Speaker of Parliament will see the biggest percentage cut of 53 per cent, to S$550,000.

The Committee also recommended changes to bonus payments, pensions and benefits under the new pay structure.

The new salary will be backdated to 21 May last year, when the new government took office.

MPs will debate the report when Parliament sits for a second session 16 January.

Parliament's first sitting for this year will be on 9 January. It's expected to focus on several questions tabled on the recent flooding and the spate of MRT disruptions.

- CNA/ck

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if this entire exercise has anything to do with LKY not getting paid a ministerial salary anymore.

Imagine slashing LKY's salary by some 30%. 在太歲頭上動土。

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The President's annual salary will be cut by 51 per cent to $1.54 million.

sgpres-lwl.jpg

One says: "Heng Ah !"; the other :"na beh !"

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said the government intends to accept the recommendations of the Committee set up to review the salaries of political appointment holders.:(:(

The Committee's report is entitled "Salaries for a Capable and Committed Government."

Replying to Mr Gerard Ee following the submission of his team's report, Mr Lee said the government will publish the report as a White Paper and move a motion in Parliament on 16 January to adopt it as a basis for setting political salaries.

In his letter, the Prime Minister stressed that the issue of salaries is a complex and difficult one, with major implications for the future of Singapore.

Mr Lee said he's grateful the Committee has invested the time to undertake a comprehensive and careful review, based on fundamental principles and the long term interests of the country.

The Committee has also sought and considered a wide range of feedback from Singaporeans, with diverse views and expectations, and the final recommendations have benefited from these inputs, as well as the experience and judgement of the committee members.

Mr Lee noted that the committee had to strike a balance between attracting capable and committed leaders of integrity, strengthening links with the country's socio-economic progress and reinforcing the ethos of political service.

- CNA/ck

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. currently, sky has no eyes mah.
3. wait for the sky can see again loh!
4. just wondering whether the current sub-standard shall fall further since there is cut to the remuneration package.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waaah.....................such a big paycut ah.....................

i thought maybe 10-15% max only.......................

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First I think Ee should also spell out the basis of these percentages how he derive them.

Secondly it has to be made public too on each person's job Roles and Responsibilities and how each salary is marked against it to justify the amount. I mean if one is taking care of only longkangs he should be getting less pay than one taking care of say finance or defense.

Since Ee is doing this job might as well be more detailed.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to the people of Aljunied without them this excercise would not have been possible. I also like to thank Mah Bow Tan for his 'good job' at HDB.
Last but not least thanks to the FTs for crowding our streets and trains and a special thank you for cooking curry as and when you like it.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to the people of Aljunied without them this excercise would not have been possible. I also like to thank Mah Bow Tan for his 'good job' at HDB.
Last but not least thanks to the FTs for crowding our streets and trains and a special thank you for cooking curry as and when you like it.

hi there

1. bro, the fat & useless keling should vomit back its previous keepings too!
2. a total useless oily prataman.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. bro, the fat & useless keling should vomit back its previous keepings too!
2. a total useless oily prataman.

That fucking useless MAMA. Vomit is not enough, we have to squeeze him until the juice ozzes out of his fucking ears, nose and eyes!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Prez of the US "only" makes about US$400,000 per year & he pays taxes

Here in Spore it's common for civil servants to make $1 million+ :rolleyes: More than than what the poor Prez is making:o
I am really not surprised that they want to maintain their millionaire paychecks with Spore being such an expensive place to live.

Sporeans must help them by giving them the boot, a lessons on the "Hard Truths" :smile:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about bonuses and whatever fuck shit allowances or incentives? Nabeh chee bye cut this and increase the latter? LPPL!
Declare all money going into their pocket annually!:oIo:

Last edited:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 January 2012

Mr Gerard Ee
Chairman of the National Kidney Foundation
and the Eastern Health Alliance

Dear Gerard,

Thank you for chairing the Committee to review the salaries of political appointment holders in Singapore. The Committee’s report – “Salaries for Capable and Committed Government” – provides a detailed account of the Committee’s findings and recommendations.

This is a complex and politically difficult issue with major implications for the future of Singapore. I am grateful that the Committee has invested the time to undertake a comprehensive and careful review, based on fundamental principles and the long-term interests of our country. You have sought and considered a wide range of feedback from Singaporeans with diverse views and expectations. Your final recommendations have benefited from these inputs, as well as the experience and judgment of you and your Committee members. You have had to strike a balance between attracting capable and committed leaders of integrity, strengthening links with our socio-economic progress, and reinforcing the ethos of political service.

I suggest that the Committee release its report to the public.

The Government intends to accept your Committee’s recommendations. We will publish your report as a White Paper, and move a motion in Parliament on 16 January 2012 to adopt it as the basis for setting political salaries.

On behalf of the Government, I would like to express my appreciation to the Committee for its hard work, and to the many Singaporeans who contributed to the review.

Yours Sincerely,
Lee Hsien Loong
Prime Minister
Singapore

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under the recommendations that the Government has adopted:
- President sees 51% cut and Prime Minister sees 36% cut
- Minister’s salary will be cut by 37%
- Minister’s pay to start from $935,000 a year
- Pension scheme to be removed
- Speaker’s salary will see a reduction of 51%
- MP allowance with be reduced by 3%

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Scums In Whites are already rich enough.. These pay cuts mean nothing to them.. The PM and some of his Ministers have already earned millions in pay from the previous years before these drastic cuts... Tony Tan was already getting millions during his time as DPM before he was elected President..

Few years later when all is forgiven, they will increase the Ministers pay again...:biggrin: