• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good White Man Yankee With Asian SYT Wife Takes 40% Pay Cut To Live Under PAP! Says That Nothing Comes Close To PAP Good Government! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20242003%20American%20in%20Singapore_0.jpg

Though he could be earning much more if he had taken up a job in New York, one American chose to settle down in Singapore instead.

It's already been six years since he moved to our little red dot but in a recent video uploaded to his YouTube platform, Living in the Lion City, he shared why he took a pay cut to be here.

"Believe it or not, it's not because of the salary," he said in the clip published last Saturday (March 16).

As he strolled around Gardens by the Bay, he pointed out how clean Singapore is.

"It's amazing how everything is very well maintained," the American expatriate, who's living here with his wife and daughter, praised.

"You have thousands and thousands of people walking every hour and there's not a single piece of garbage or trash on the ground. There's not a single graffiti on these beautiful white pillars."

He also noted that there are no homeless people or beggars on the streets.

"This is how a country that is very well run looks like."

He attributed these to our strict laws and said that this is why Singapore "stands out" and "nothing even comes close".

"Because even though some countries have laws, and I believe all of them do, the level of enforcement varies from country to country," he said, adding that "Singapore knows how to enforce them".

High salary can't compare to safety
The American revealed that if he had taken up a job in New York, he could be earning 30 to 40 per cent more.

"Salaries in Singapore are actually 30 to 40 per cent lower compared to New York.

"If I came here or if I wanted to go somewhere to maximise my salary, it would be the United States," he said bluntly.

"But I prefer the law and the order of society where everybody is just respectful. A society that you want to be a part of. That's how I see Singapore."

In other videos, he had also shared more about what made him "fall in love" with the country.

In fact, the American said that there are "probably 200 experiences" that convinced him to move here.

For instance, he loves how Singapore looks like a "beautifully, well-cultivated jungle".

"All the buildings and the roads are simply part of the jungle," he noted.

He also recounted a time where he stayed at Hilton Garden Inn at Little India and was blown away by the view from his room, which had a mix of high-rise buildings and two-storey shophouses.

"I saw how beautifully the tradition and the history blended with the modern city. It was just one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen," he said.

The American also called Singapore the "prototype of the city of the future" as Singapore is a melting pot of different cultures, religions and values that have managed to peacefully coexist over the years.

AsiaOne has reached out to Living the Lion City for more details.

In the comments, netizens welcomed the American to Singapore.

Screenshot%202024-03-20%20at%2012.00.25%E2%80%AFPM.jpg

comments%20%282%29_2.jpg

PHOTP: YouTube/Livinginlioncity
They shared that while it's nice to live here for a few years, long-term stay and retirement is "a bad choice" because there is "no soul and spirit".

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
"

THis amdk not very bright, doesnt he know sleeping on streets or begging in Singapore will get you arrested. Its not that there're no homeless or beggars

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the kind of stories that the SPH propagandists publish as news these days. Sad.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Though he could be earning much more if he had taken up a job in New York, one American chose to settle down in Singapore instead.

It's already been six years since he moved to our little red dot but in a recent video uploaded to his YouTube platform, Living in the Lion City, he shared why he took a pay cut to be here.

"Believe it or not, it's not because of the salary," he said in the clip published last Saturday (March 16).

As he strolled around Gardens by the Bay, he pointed out how clean Singapore is.

"It's amazing how everything is very well maintained," the American expatriate, who's living here with his wife and daughter, praised.

"You have thousands and thousands of people walking every hour and there's not a single piece of garbage or trash on the ground. There's not a single graffiti on these beautiful white pillars."

He attributed these to our strict laws and said that this is why Singapore "stands out" and "nothing even comes close".

"Because even though some countries have laws, and I believe all of them do, the level of enforcement varies from country to country," he said, adding that "Singapore knows how to enforce them".

The American revealed that if he had taken up a job in New York, he could be earning 30 to 40 per cent more.

"Salaries in Singapore are actually 30 to 40 per cent lower compared to New York.

"If I came here or if I wanted to go somewhere to maximise my salary, it would be the United States," he said bluntly.

"But I prefer the law and the order of society where everybody is just respectful. A society that you want to be a part of. That's how I see Singapore."

In other videos, he had also shared more about what made him "fall in love" with the country.

In fact, the American said that there are "probably 200 experiences" that convinced him to move here.

For instance, he loves how Singapore looks like a "beautifully, well-cultivated jungle".

He also recounted a time where he stayed at Hilton Garden Inn at Little India and was blown away by the view from his room, which had a mix of high-rise buildings and two-storey shophouses.

"I saw how beautifully the tradition and the history blended with the modern city. It was just one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen," he said.

The American also called Singapore the "prototype of the city of the future" as Singapore is a melting pot of different cultures, religions and values that have managed to peacefully coexist over the years.

comments%20%282%29_2.jpg

They shared that while it's nice to live here for a few years, long-term stay and retirement is "a bad choice" because there is "no soul and spirit".

Watched the video and although it may look clean the people walking by convinced me that it's a really shitty place. They all look awful.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

comments%20%282%29_2.jpg

That is why this good Talent know SG BTO is world best asset...

Can mint overnight Millionaries after MOP de woh. Dun believe ask Boss John for insai view

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

comments%20%282%29_2.jpg

Talk cock asshole. If this American was required to do NS, then u see whether he is still singing a happy tune.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
He’s talking cock though.

In New York, the taxes are higher than Singapore’s.

Next, the living expenses are crazy high. Wherever u dine out, u need to give them ridiculously high tips (as much as 30%).

Lastly, he can forget about cheap accommodation in New York.
1711336013379.png