• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★Priority Seats in MRT★ Discussion

rayzong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, am currently doing a design project to improve the utilization of priority seats in MRT. As you know, sometimes the priority seats in MRT are not occupied by people who require special needs eg: pregnant ladies, senior citizens & handicapped.

My solution as for now is to label the people who require special needs with a badge and the badge will be controlled by SMRT which mean they have to meet some criteria in order to obtain this. The design is as follows :

Pregnantlady.jpg

Pregnant Ladies

seniorcitizen.jpg

Senior Citizens

handicap.jpg

Handicapped

quote03.jpg

quote02.jpg

quote01.jpg

That my focus point which need your responses on whether will this badges really help? if not which way will be more efficient or to improved? As your responses will greatly help me a lot.. Rayz

Updated 08 Feb 2008 ///

After collecting some of the feedback, i had incorporate the top 3 badges design into the current priority sign with chinese text inputs.

will this be better?

lemongraphicsign02.jpg

lemongraphicsign01.jpg

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice logos - I particulary like those logo which asked the questions for you. Since a non-english/chinese speaker can point thus removing the problems of the language barrier. Also especially for those too paiseh to ask but will take pictures down to stomp.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The signs are too aggressive.

You should make the signs softer and light-hearted and peoples will reciprocate by giving up their seats.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
logos are now useless in selfish pap singapore... commuters will just ignore them... so put hidden spikes in these seats and whenever a normal person sits on it... the driver can push a button to spike these arse hole buttoms...

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother with signs and priority seats etc. Enforcement and prosecution of those who don't want to give up priority seats to those with special badges is such a hassle.

The adminstrative costs, checking and verification of issued badges, not to mention the possibility of illegal transfer and abuse of such badges to friends and relatives can also be a hassle.

The simplest solution is for any oldie, preggy, or handicapped who have mobility problems or need a guaranteed seat on MRT trains is to have have a motorised wheel chair rental service at $5 per ride at all MRT stations.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
may I suggest the death penalty to be given to those who sit on but don't deserve the Priority Seats.

I can guarantee you those seats will be empty forever after this law is passed.

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT can build special seat, just like in a car park. Make the seat different or colour it and mark 'priority seat'.
So as people aware of such seat for the previleges.

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need for all these logos.

Just like ERP, anyone who wants a seat will have to pay for it. This is to allow passengers to choose between a no frills standing travel, and a premium seating travel experience. Pregnant women and senior citizens will enjoy a 10% discount from the seating charges.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You should put this

"These seats are for UNsinkified person." And i tell you, nobody will take the seat.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, am currently doing a design project to improve the utilization of priority seats in MRT. As you know, sometimes the priority seats in MRT are not occupied by people who require special needs eg: pregnant ladies, senior citizens & handicapped.

My solution as for now is to label the people who require special needs with a badge and the badge will be controlled by SMRT which mean they have to meet some criteria in order to obtain this. The design is as follows :

No need waste time designing, rarely sinkies will get their bums up for other needy to sit :biggrin:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i have an idea to enforce this policy without much costs but... heck care to pap... they should get their highly paid staff to think about it... using logos are not worth the millions paid to the pap jokers malingering in glcs...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
again. policy to change behavior. social engineering.

like the nazi.

they should remove priority seats and do a first come first serve.

and if anyone willing to give up his seat for someone else. OK lor.