• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ La Liga Season 2012-13 ║║

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid captain Casillas again angers Mourinho mixing with Barcelona players

Submitted by tribalfootball on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 07:54

bg_casillas1_26.jpg

<abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Real Madrid</abbr> coach <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Jose Mourinho</abbr> was again left unimpressed by Iker Casillas' behaviour after their draw at <abbr title="" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); cursor: help; white-space: nowrap; ">Barcelona</abbr> on Sunday.

The manner of the goals conceded by Casillas was bad enough for Mou, but he was also unhappy with the Real captain again mixing with Barca's players after a tense El Clasico.

El Mundo Deportivo says Mourinho was upset as Casillas ignored his Real teammates to congratulate Barca's players at the final whistle, finishing with Victor Valdes.

"Did you see Iker at fulltime?" Mou is claimed to have said to one member of staff. "Yeah, I see it. The next time he'll go off with them!"

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

208636_thumb.jpg

Pedro accepts bit-part role in Spain squad
The attacker is aware of his status within the national squad and may have to be content with a place on the bench

207077_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid's Essien sets sights on second Champions League triumph
Having helped the Blues win their maiden title in Europe's premier competition, the Ghanaian is looking to win more silverware by teaming up with old boss Jose Mourinho

213842_thumb.jpg

Manchester City and Chelsea target Falcao would be a Premier League superstar, insists Javi Garcia
The City new-boy believes the prolific Colombian has the skills to shine in any league in the world, and admits he would rather play alongside him than against him

215793_thumb.jpg

Iker Casillas takes to Facebook to address recent criticism
The goalkeeper sought to explain himself via the social network platform, dispelling speculation that he does not get on with team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo

205227_thumb.jpg

Xavi hails Messi as 'the best ever', while taking a swipe at 'speculative' Mourinho
The 32-year-old touched on various subjects, comparing Tito Vilanova with his predecessor, praising his team-mate, and giving his opinion on the Portuguese trainer

190375_thumb.jpg

Pellegrino blames himself for poor Valencia start
The Argentine admits his side have not played well after only picking up eight points from seven league games and he says he wants to do more to turn things around

201385_thumb.jpg

Low plays down Khedira injury fears after Germany win
The 52-year-old coach had to take the Real Madrid midfielder off at half-time during Friday's World Cup 2014 qualifier, but insists the move was made purely as a precaution

218586_thumb.jpg

Messi: I'm happy Argentina fans treat me just like Barca supporters
The prolific attacker was very pleased with the Albiceleste faithful's positive attitude, and is eagerly anticipating the upcoming qualifier versus Chile

194518_thumb.jpg

Coentrao set for injury layoff after suffering groin injury
The defender could face a spell on the sidelines with a knock sustained while on international duty, as his disappointing start to the season continues

130931_thumb.jpg

Baptista: I never considered giving up
The Brazilian has seen his playing time severely limited by injuries in recent years, but is confident of returning to fitness and seeing out his contract with Malaga

218273_thumb.jpg

There's more to come, says Kaka
The Brazilian midfielder impressed in his nation's recent trashing of Iraq, and believes he is returning to form for club and country

217802_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: Barcelona the ideal club for me
The creative midfielder is very pleased with life at Camp Nou, and has hailed Dutch coach Louis van Gaal's influence on the early stages of his career

218505_thumb.jpg

Jordi Alba: I don't care that my goal was offside
The former Valencia star was very pleased to have found the net on Friday, and made it clear that he is very happy with life at Barcelona and Spain

218628_thumb.jpg

Pepe: Cristiano Ronaldo is an idol for many
The powerful defender has voiced his admiration for his Madrid team-mate, and believes that Portugal deserved better than a 1-0 loss against Russia

195426_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: I feel valued within the team
The former Arsenal midfielder is happy with the way things are going with Spain, and expects a difficult match versus France on Tuesday

145951_thumb.jpg

Nihat: Besiktas' doors are closed to me at the moment, but maybe one day they will open
The retired Turkey and Black Eagles star talked about his old team, the Aykut Kocaman-Alex crisis and Atletico Madrid midfielder Emre, for whom he reserved special praise

202265_thumb.jpg

Francescoli: Barcelona's Messi better than Maradona
The 50-year-old has revealed his admiration for the Catalans forward who he says is better than El Diego and had kind words for Zinedine Zidane

171205_thumb.jpg

Abidal: The pain and suffering has been worth it to play for Barcelona again
The French defender is on the road to recovery having went under the knife in April and concedes it has been a difficult few months for the 33-year-old

186403_thumb.jpg

Barcelona president Rosell has links to violent fan groups, claims Laporta
The former Blaugrana president launched another scathing attack on his successor and insists he has proof of the connection between the current board and football hooligans

214557_thumb.jpg

Barcelona & Real Madrid domination is ruining La Liga, says Mata
The Chelsea attacker feels the strength of Spain's top two teams is harming the league, and may more cause players to leave the country in the search of top honours

190709_thumb.jpg

Benzema: I want to be as successful as Zidane
The gifted attacker has voiced his admiration for the France and Blancos legend, while revealing his childhood idol was retired Brazilian striker Ronaldo

216656_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: It would be a crime if Ronaldo does not win the Ballon d'Or
The Portuguese coach has voiced his support for his compatriot, and believes the 27-year-old's performances are even more impressive bearing in mind his current circumstances

218272_thumb.jpg

Neymar can become better than Messi if he moves to Europe - Brazil legend Ronaldo
The former Barcelona and Real Madrid striker insisted that while the Argentine is currently the best player in the world, the Santos forward has the ability to overtake him

205848_thumb.jpg

Ozil hails Mourinho relationship
The creative midfielder is thankful for the backing he has received from the Portuguese coach and has insisted that he is happy with life at the Blancos

194981_thumb.jpg

'He will never return to work for Real Madrid' - Vicente del Bosque's rocky relationship with the club he loves
Goal.com is publishing exclusive extracts from Richard Fitzpatrick's new book, El Clasico: Barcelona v Real Madrid, Football's Greatest Rivalry. This piece looks at the Spain boss

218224_thumb.jpg

Higuain: It is a privilege to play with Messi
The Madrid man is relishing the prospect of teaming up with the 2011 Fifa Ballon d'Or winner once again in the World Cup 2014 qualifier against Uruguay

217535_thumb.jpg

Manchester City make Isco top January target ahead of Falcao & Jovetic
The Premier League champions have prioritised a move for the Malaga playmaker after learning that the Spanish club will offload him if his €21 million release clause is triggered

217814_thumb.jpg

It will be difficult to catch Barcelona, admits Khedira
The Germany international has conceded that Los Blancos face a tough task if they are to retain their domestic crown, but he is confident that there is still time to do it

217049_thumb.jpg

Nuno Gomes tips Cristiano Ronaldo to make Premier League return
The Blackburn Rovers forward has suggested that his international colleague will not end his career at Real Madrid and tipped him to win even more silverware in the coming years

194973_thumb.jpg

Del Bosque: Iniesta will 'almost certainly' play against Belarus and France
The 61-year-old also gave his views on the war-of-words between the Barcelona star and Real Madrid's Pepe, and warned his side against becoming complacent

213738_thumb.jpg

Puyol: I feared for my career
The Spain international has admitted that there have been moments where he thought physical problems would force him to quit the game

213878_thumb.jpg

Neymar: Kaka is a legend
The young attacker is relishing the prospect of teaming up with the former AC Milan star, who is full of respect for his compatriot, too

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Spanish referee Mateu Lahoz banned for 'technical error' made during Sevilla-Barcelona game

The match official has been barred for at least one round of Liga fixtures following the mistake made during the Blaugrana's dramatic win at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan

Oct 11, 2012 9:19:00 PM

By Frank Tigani

147730hp2.jpg

Referee Mateu Lahoz has been punished by the Spanish Football Association (RFEF) for the "technical error" made during the recent La Liga match between Sevilla and Barcelona.

Barca came from behind to win 3-2 after Gary Medel was controversially given his marching orders for appearing to headbutt Cesc Fabregas, while Sevilla boss Michel was sent to the stands for protesting.

Lahoz also missed a handball by Thiago in the build-up to David Villa's winning goal.

The RFEF have deemed the expulsion of Medel unwarranted, given what took place during the player's confrontation with Fabregas.

"On one hand, there is no aggression in the strictest sense. It was a struggle between two rival players, who brought together their heads and it did not lead to a clearly violent event," the RFEF said in a statement.

"On the other side, the rival player has clearly exaggerated the effect of the struggle, feigning to have received a violent headbutt. Yet, Gary Medel was sent off as if he were guilty of a violent act. Consequently, a clear technical error is apparent as the facts of the case do not warrant the punishment given."

Lahoz will now serve a one-match suspension, with Clos Gomez taking his place in officiating the match between Real Madrid and Celta Vigo on October 20.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho: Falcao is a forbidden fruit

The Blancos boss has revealed that he will not try to buy his rival's star player because of a transfer agreement, while criticising Tito Vilanova's comments regarding Pepe

Oct 13, 2012 4:30:00 PM

By Ian Hudson

216656hp2.jpg

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho claims he will make no attempt to sign Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid as a result of a "pact of non-aggression" between the two sides.

The former Inter boss explained that the unwritten agreement between the Madrid rivals makes it impossible for him to sign key players from Los Rojiblancos.

"Falcao is a fundamental player for our rivals, just like Kun Aguero was. There is a pact of non-aggression between Real Madrid and Atletico so I think Falcao is a forbidden fruit," Mourinho told A Bola.

"He's a fantastic player, and I get the feeling he is a lovely guy, and I'm very happy to see him do so well at Atletico."

The 49-year-old spoke previously about how he was not the most popular figure in football but says he does not care about his popularity.

When asked whether Madrid are criticised more often because he is in charge of the club, the Portuguese coach said that his success in the capital should be enough to silence the critics.

"Our results speak for themselves and show that in just over two years we have got closer and closer to Barcelona and now we are up there with them and have won the three major trophies in Spanish football in that time," he stated.

"We broke the dominance of Barcelona, something many people thought was impossible."

Mourinho then went on to hit back at criticism made by Tito Vilanova, who claimed that he could make a video of all the times that Pepe has kicked Barcelona players.

"It's funny because now Pepe is in a situation where he gets booked in every game, even if he just commits one foul. People have created an image of Pepe which they find comfortable," he added.

"He is adored at Madrid and it doesn't matter what Vilanova says, people won't change their mind about Pepe."

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho: Not everyone liked Jesus Christ and even fewer people like me

The Real Madrid trainer is unconcerned about whether he is popular, and added that winning the Champions League is not an obsession for his side

Oct 13, 2012 9:30:00 AM

By Stefan Coerts

216657hp2.jpg

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has stressed that he is not too concerned about what other people think about him as he does not care about popularity.

The former Inter and Chelsea boss is arguably one of the most controversial figures around in the game, but the 49-year-old is not worried about his image.

"Not everyone liked Jesus Christ, and even fewer people like me," Mourinho was quoted as saying by A Bola.

The former Inter coach then went on to discuss his side's Champions League ambitions, and insisted that European club football's elite competition is not an obsession for the Blancos.

"The Champions League is not an obsession for Real Madrid this season. My personal ego has already been satisfied [by winning it with Porto and Inter].

"I have more experience now and I'm more mature. I'm not trying to prove anything to other people anymore, now I want to prove something to myself."

Real Madrid sit atop of the table in their Champions League group with six points from two games after beating Manchester City and Ajax. They take on Borussia Dortmund in their next European match.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

202099_thumb.jpg

Sabella: It is difficult for Messi to play badly
The Argentina boss has heavily praised the Ballon d'Or nominated forward prior to their World Cup qualifying clash against Chile

205113_thumb.jpg

Xavi: Barcelona are in a great position in La Liga
The midfielder feels that the Catalan giants must continue their good start to the season and that it hasn't been spoiled by their draw with Los Blancos

148704_thumb.jpg

Giuseppe Rossi's agent: Inter are a possible option
The Villarreal forward's representative has hinted at a possible move to San Siro for his client, after Juventus turned down the opportunity to sign him

216982_thumb.jpg

Jordi Alba: Barcelona players fall because they get kicked
The Spain international has laughed off suggestions that they dive, while also taking the time to praise attacking team-mates Lionel Messi and David Villa

177498_thumb.jpg

Luis Enrique: Barcelona in the midst of a golden era
The former Blaugrana midfielder claims the Catalans are more successful than they have ever been and has taken the time to praise coach Tito Vilanova

148704_thumb.jpg

Juventus turn down chance to sign Rossi
The Italy international is desperate to return to Serie A in the not too distant future, but the Old Lady have no intention of making a move for the sidelined forward

207650_thumb.jpg

Song: Barcelona are on another level
The Cameroon international spoke of his admiration for team-mate Sergio Busquets, whilst recalling an encounter with a teenage Lionel Messi before the 2006 Champions League final

133096_thumb.jpg

Blatter: Messi & Ronaldo rivalry tremendous for football
The 76-year-old believes the Barcelona and Real Madrid superstars have totally different styles, adding it is "wonderful" to have two such players in the game today

159920_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: I have changed my style of play for Barcelona
The former Gunner has admitted since moving clubs he has had to change the way he plays and says it has not been easy to maintain his place at Camp Nou

216658_thumb.jpg

Mourinho uses criticism to spur on Real Madrid players
The controversial coach has said flak only helps to drive his team on and is confident his side can build on their recent good performances

200819_thumb.jpg

Cazorla: I try to copy Barcelona's Iniesta
The Arsenal man has nothing but praise for his national team-mate and believes the Catalans playmaker is an excellent role model both on and off the pitch

217802_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: The perfect player would be a mixture of Falcao, Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Busquets & Cristiano Ronaldo
The creative midfielder has imagined how the perfect player would look like, while also taking the time to praise Blaugrana team-mate Lionel Messi

211498_thumb.jpg

Xabi Alonso: Mourinho has already made history
The Spain international has spoken out in support of Los Blancos' trainer, and has insisted that he's feeling good at the Liga champions and wants to win more silverware

205113_thumb.jpg

Xavi: Pepe's comments on Iniesta were out of place
The experienced midfielder feels the Madrid man's remarks were inappropriate, while also stating that Barca play better football than their rivals

203161_thumb.jpg

Marcelo out for three months with fractured foot
The 24-year-old was limped out of training with Brazil on Sunday, and could be forced into having surgery in order to recover from the injury

218581_thumb.jpg

Messi: Casillas is one of the best goalkeepers in the world
The three-time Ballon d'Or winner has expressed his view that the Spain and Real Madrid captain is one of the finest stoppers in the game today

216992_thumb.jpg

Rosell: There is no rush to extend Messi contract
The Barcelona president has stated that he will renew the Argentine's current deal, which ends in 2016, but not in the immediate future, and also discussed Eric Abidal's recovery

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

43258_thumb.jpg

Herrera: This is the best Real Madrid in history
The Celta Vigo head coach is preparing his troops for the frightening task of facing Los Blancos at the Santiago Bernabeu and stressed the size of the task facing his side

207652_thumb.jpg

Pizzi: Barcelona are the best in the world with or without Messi
The striker insists the Blaugrana are not a one-man team and pointed to the number of quality players at their disposal, ahead of Deportivo La Coruna's clash with the Liga leaders

216990_thumb.jpg

Mourinho hints at Barcelona interest in Pepe
The Portuguese coach has suggested the Blaugrana wanted to sign his player, as the fall-out continues over the defender's alleged conduct against Real Madrid's fierce rivals

208041_thumb.jpg

Vilanova wary of Deportivo La Coruna upset
The 43-year-old has warned his squad of the perils of international breaks and urged his side to continue their rich vein of form in the league

216657_thumb.jpg

Mourinho keeps Paris Saint-Germain door open
The Portuguese manager responds to continuing rumours about his future saying that he may one day manage in the French capital but accuses the media of twisting his words

219230_thumb.jpg

No one is bigger than Real Madrid, insists Valdano
The former general manager of Los Blancos speaks out about comments made towards him from the current head coach

216990_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Barcelona are no longer the benchmark
The Blancos coach has voiced his opinion that the Blaugrana are not the example to follow any more, and has tipped Cristiano Ronaldo to win the Ballon d'Or

175536_thumb.jpg

Pochettino: Mourinho is the best of the best
The Argentine has nothing but praise for the controversial coach following everything he has achieved over the past 10 years with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid

215793_thumb.jpg

Casillas: Madrid can cope with injuries
The experienced goalkeeper believes the Spanish champions have plenty of alternatives for their injured players, and is not too worried about the recent criticism aimed at him

217802_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: Barcelona still competitive without Pique
The attacking midfielder is confident that the possible absence of the former Manchester United man will not prove to be a problem for the Catalans

214748_thumb.jpg

I want to win the Copa del Rey with Sevilla, says Rakitic
The Croatian has revealed his desire to win this season's cup but admits that Espanyol represent a tough opponent in their round of 16 tie

201162_thumb.jpg

There is an objective behind recent Casillas criticisms, claims Albiol
The Los Blancos defender says his team-mate was highly criticised in recent weeks and believes that it is being done to limit his chances of winning the prestigious accolade

155551_thumb.jpg

I can play at left-back, insists Real Madrid's Nacho
The young Spaniard is certain of his own abilities, voicing his belief that he can help replace Los Blancos' injured trio of Marcelo, Alvaro Arbeloa and Fabio Coentrao

203660_thumb.jpg

Casillas: I'm surprised Barcelona would make those videos
The Blancos keeper has talked about claims that his side's rivals compiled a tape of Portugal defender Pepe's fouls against them, expressing shock at their alleged actions

217802_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: We've never seen any Pepe video
The Barca star has refuted claims that the club compiled a tape of the Portuguese enforcer's fouls in past Clasicos, and also defended his recent comments about feeling Catalan

203906_thumb.jpg

Sevilla's Medel released after assault claim
The 25-year-old tenacious midfielder will not be charged after the local authorities questioned him over an off-pitch incident involving a female journalist

168425_thumb.jpg

Varane misses Madrid training due to muscle injury
The promising youngster could sit out Los Blancos' league match at the weekend after picking up a minor problem when on duty with his country's Under-21 team

160948_thumb.jpg

Messi even better than he seems to be, says Iniesta
The attacking midfielder has nothing but praise for his illustrious team-mate, and has set his sights on winning La Liga and the Champions League this term

219960_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo honoured by Uefa after winning 100th Portugal cap
The Real Madrid star became the third youngest European player to reach a century of international appearances in the 1-1 draw against Northern Ireland

116976_thumb.jpg

Marchena: Barcelona vulnerable to counterattack
The Deportivo La Coruna defender believes the Blaugrana overcommit players in attack and says an upset is possible when the two sides meet

202217_thumb.jpg

Xabi Alonso laments defensive injuries at Real Madrid
The World Cup qualifiers have taken their toll on La Liga giants with setbacks in defence and the 30-year-old concedes it has not been a very good week for Los Blancos

208341_thumb.jpg

Messi and Higuain key to Argentina success, says Sabella
The 57-year-old Albiceleste coach was delighted with his striking duo as they put La Roja to the sword in Santiago to keep them top of the South American standings

219217_thumb.jpg

Atletico Madrid cannot stop Falcao leaving - Cerezo
The Atleti chief concedes he is not able to keep the star striker from leaving should a club trigger a clause in the Colombian’s contract

199179_thumb.jpg

Bale is good enough for Real Madrid, says former Spurs team-mate Modric
The Croatian playmaker has spoken of his admiration for his former Tottenham colleague, suggesting the fleet-footed winger is talented enough to play for Los Blancos

219683_thumb.jpg

Di Maria: Messi is a phenomenon
The Blancos winger has voiced his admiration for his compatriot following his fine performances this term, and described Jose Mourinho as the best coach he's ever had

211579_thumb.jpg

Marcelo targets quick recovery
The Brazil international is expected to be out of action for the remainder of 2012, but he has stressed that he will do whatever he can to ensure a quick comeback

174425_thumb.jpg

Manchester City & Arsenal just call players and offer them lots of money, says Rosell
The Barcelona president says the Premier League duo use strong-arm tactics to bring in talent and has poured cold water on the idea of a European super league

205113_thumb.jpg

Xavi: I want to retire at Barcelona
The experienced playmaker wants to stay at his current club until he hangs up his boots, and believes Lionel Messi deserves to retain his Ballon d'Or award

153326_thumb.jpg

Aragones: Mourinho will go down in history
The former Spain coach says Real Madrid's trainer will be remembered because his teams play a winning style of football

205110_thumb.jpg

Barcelona against Supercopa being played in China
The Catalan giants do not want the showpiece event to take place in Asia due to the difficulties fans would face in travelling to the Far East

161691_thumb.jpg

Abidal's agent comments on his client's return to football
The Blaugrana defender's representative has released a statement regarding the player's ability to step back on the pitch

218297_thumb.jpg

Marcelo to undergo operation in Amsterdam on Friday
The Brazilian will visit a surgeon in Netherlands as he tries to recover quickly and help the La Liga champions recover from their poor start to the season

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Extra Time: Barcelona goalkeeper Pinto becomes music producer

The former Celta player has put pen to paper on a deal with Sony Music Spain that allows him to practice his hobby professionally after 22 years in the shadows

Oct 18, 2012 9:45:00 AM

By Miles Chambers

220045hp2.jpg

Barcelona goalkeeper Jose Pinto revealed on Twitter that he has signed a contract to produce rap band Delahoja.

The former Celta player has put pen to paper on a deal with Sony Music Spain to help promote the group he has been working with for nearly two decades.

"Contract signing (after 22 years in the shadows as a producer) with Sony Music Spain," he wrote to his 168,000 followers.

Whether his 'in the shadows' comment was a sly dig at being Camp Nou's perennial second-choice goalkeeper, Extra Time cannot be certain.

Pinto added, presumably in his cheesiest voice, that: "Just one example that work, humility, perseverance, enthusiasm...your dreams, whatever [they are], can be met.

"No matter what, no matter how small or large it may be, no matter what they say, what matters is that you enjoy it and be happy."

Next time you catch a glimpse of Pinto watching from the stands as Victor Valdes soaks up all the Blaugrana glory, chances are his mind is more focused on music than on Lionel Messi!

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga preview: Real battling injuries ahead of Celta clash

19 October 2012

293073header.jpg

Real Madrid's title challenge has taken a further hit as Jose Mourinho deals with numerous injuries heading into a clash with Celta Vigo.

The defending La Liga champions find themselves in an unfamiliar fifth on the La Liga table after seven matches, eight points adrift of leaders Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, who are both on 19 points.

Having produced a high-quality 2-2 draw in the Clasico against Barcelona the week prior to the international break, many would see Saturday night's home clash against 12th-placed Celta Vigo at the Santiago Bernabeu as something of a certainty for Mourinho's side.

But with defenders Marcelo, Alvaro Arbeloa and Fabio Coentrao injured on international duty, along with forwards Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain, the match may prove more of a headache for Mourinho than first expected.

Marcelo's injury is the worst of them with the left-back breaking his metatarsal in training for Brazil, forcing him out of the side until next year while Coentrao will miss a month with a groin problem and Arbeloa three weeks with a hamstring strain.

Higuain was substituted out of Argentina's 2-1 win over Chile with an ankle knock while Benzema limped out of France's draw with Spain, although both forwards appear likely to play this weekend.

If Real Madrid do happen to slip-up against Celta, it gives Barcelona and Atletico the opportunity to extend their leads at the top of the table.

Barcelona travel to take on struggling Deportivo La Coruna (18th) on Saturday night as Atletico head north to play Real Sociedad (12th) in Sunday's late encounter.

Having fallen to a dramatic 2-1 loss to Atletico in the last round - Atletico's winner came courtesy of an injury-time own goal from Weligton - third-placed Malaga will be looking to hit back when they host Real Valladolid (eighth) on Saturday, while the other match that night will be between Valencia (14th) and Athletic Bilbao (16th) as both sides search for their third win this the campaign.

Fourth-placed Real Betis, meanwhile, will be looking to build some winning momentum as they take on the struggling Osasuna (19th) on Sunday, with Betis' 2-0 win over Real Sociedad before the international fixtures, snapping a run of consecutive losses for the side.

Mallorca (sixth) will also be looking to bounce back after losing at home in their last game when the island club travels to Sevilla for Monday night's encounter, although the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan should be a particularly hostile place as Sevilla look to bounce back from their last-up loss to Celta Vigo.

Elsewhere, Getafe (ninth) and Levante (11th) will both be looking for their fourth wins, while Rayo Vallecano (10th) will aim to pile more misery on winless Espanyol (20th) in their clash on Sunday.

And finally Granada (15th) and Real Zaragoza (17th) will both be looking to climb clear of the relegation zone when they kick-off on Sunday afternoon.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Barca win nine-goal thriller

21 October 2012

293257header.jpg

Barcelona extended their unbeaten run in La Liga to 12 matches with a remarkable 5-4 victory at Deportivo de La Coruna on Saturday.

Goals from Jordi Alba, CristianTello and Lionel Messi handed the visitors a three-goal advantage after 20 minutes before Pizzi reduced the deficit with a penalty.

Deportivo midfielder Alex Bergantinos then beat Victor Valdes with a volley from distance, and Messi brought up the sixth goal of the opening half with a low finish shortly before the break.

Pizzi grabbed his second goal with a brilliant free-kick shortly after half-time, while Barcelona lost Javier Mascherano to a second bookable offence following an altercation with Riki.

Messi completed his hat-trick with an explosive run and finish in the 77th minute, but there was more drama as Alba sent a volley past his own goalkeeper to reduce the margin to one goal.

But Barcelona held on, maintaining their position on top with seven wins and one draw.

Elsewhere, goals from Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo earned Real Madrid a relatively comfortable 2-0 win at home to Celta Vigo.

Madrid dominated possession throughout the match, enabling Higuain and Ronaldo to find the net in what was a largely forgettable encounter at Santiago Bernabeu.

Valencia came from behind to clinch a thrilling 3-2 win at home to 10-man Athletic Bilbao.

Aduriz opened the scoring for the visitors in the 19th minute, though Valencia levelled proceedings seven minutes later when Soldado converted a penalty.

Aduriz netted his second goal in the 30th minute and Bilbao seemed on course for victory before Ander Herrera was shown a straight red card on 60 minutes.

The visitors did their best to fight off repeated attacks, but were beaten when Alberto Costa struck in the 88th minute and Nelson Haedo Valdez netted the winner in stoppage time.

Earlier, goals from Isco and Joaquin saw Malaga clinch a 2-1 come-from-behind win at home to Real Valladolid, who had goal scorer Manucho Goncalves sent off with nine minutes to go.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Atletico Madrid maintain unbeaten run

22 October 2012

293365header.jpg

Atletico Madrid extended their unbeaten run in La Liga to 14 games with a thrilling 1-0 win at Real Sociedad on Sunday.

The match looked destined for a draw until Colombian forward Radamel Falcao broke the deadlock in second-half stoppage time.

Madrid, who last tasted league defeat in April, remain second with seven wins and one draw, behind Barcelona on goal difference.

Elsewhere, Christian Stuani scored at the death to hand Espanyol a 3-2 victory over Rayo Vallecano in Barcelona.

Leo Baptistao opened the scoring for the visitors in the 12th minute, but the advantage was short-lived as Verdu struck on either side of the break to put Espanyol in front.

Leo levelled the contest on 63 minutes before both teams had a player sent off as tempers frayed.

Vallecano's Mikel Labaka was shown a straight red card in the 68th minute, while Espanyol's Diego Colotto picked up a second caution on 81 minutes.

Stuani headed home the winner in injury time, securing his side's first win of the season.

In other matches, Real Zaragoza claimed a 2-1 win away to 10-man Granada.

Zaragoza made an ideal start when Helder Postiga found the net in the third minute before Victor Rodriguez doubled the advantage 24 minutes later.

The hosts remained undeterred and reduced the margin through Moroccan forward Youssef El Arabi on 77 minutes.

But Zaragoza's hopes of victory took a blow less than 60 seconds later when Brazilian midfielder Iriney Santos was dismissed for a second bookable offence.

Levante clinched a 1-0 win at Getafe courtesy of a late goal from Michel, who struck in the 87th minute after coming on as a substitute.

Osasuna and Real Betis played out a 0-0 stalemate in Pamplona.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Sevilla 3 Mallorca 2

23 October 2012

293456header.jpg

Sevilla overcame a half-time deficit to record a 3-2 La Liga win over Mallorca and climb to fifth place in the standings.

Following a pair of defeats the Andalusian hosts seemed destined for more misery on Monday when Pedro Bigas put Mallorca ahead on 26 minutes.

Alvaro Negredo returned fire just three minutes later, the Spain striker slamming a shot into the roof of the net to draw the sides level.

But Mallorca reclaimed the lead with their next thrust forward as Tomer Hemed slotted home Giovani dos Santos' assist to leave the visitors 2-1 up at the interval.

Negredo completed his brace early in the second half with a close-range header as Sevilla began to assert their dominance over the visitors.

Michel's side eventually went ahead through Cicinho in the 74th minute, the Brazilian's deflected volley proving to be the winner.

The result ended a run of two consecutive defeats for Sevilla and moved them to 14 points from eight games, equal with champions Real Madrid in fourth.

Mallorca slide to eighth on the back of a third consecutive loss.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

230_thumb.jpg

Henrik Larsson: Xavi deserves Ballon d’Or
The former Sweden striker has voiced his opinion that the Spanish playmaker deserves to win the individual award but fears his lack of goals may count against him

156552_thumb.jpg

Cruyff: Vilanova can only be judged when things go wrong
The former Barcelona coach says he is not surprised by the positive start the 44-year-old has made to life in the Camp Nou hotseat, but says his biggest tests are yet to come

170955_thumb.jpg

Giuseppe Rossi talks up Inter switch
The Italy striker has been ruled out for the past year with a knee ligament injury but revealed the prospect of joining the Nerazzurri fascinates him

201385_thumb.jpg

Khedira set for Real Madrid return ahead of Borussia Dortmund trip
The German midfielder could feature in Los Blancos' Champions League clash on Wednesday, while Marcelo has undergone a successful operation on a broken bone in his foot

113752_thumb.jpg

Miku: Doubting Valdes is like doubting your mum
The Getafe loanee cannot understand why the Blaugrana goalkeeper receives so much negative press, as he gave his thoughts on his former Liga rivals prior to Tuesday's encounter

212825_thumb.jpg

Ex-Valencia man Pablo Hernandez loving life in the Premier League
Swansea City's record signing has adapted well after moving from Valencia during the summer, scoring his first goal for the club during Saturday's 2-1 win over Wigan

213276_thumb.jpg

Karim Benzema: I'm stronger mentally
Los Blancos forward has reflected on his development as a footballer ahead of his side's Group D Champions League clash against Jurgen Klopp's men

160942_thumb.jpg

Barcelona to appeal Mascherano booking
The Catalan side have declared an intent to try and wipe out the defensive midfielder's second booking, and avoid him having to serve a suspension as a result

221305_thumb.jpg

Tito Vilanova: Nobody does what Messi does
The Blaugrana boss has once again praised the Argentine magician as his team prepare ahead of their Champions League clash against the Bhoys

220685_thumb.jpg

Fabregas wants position in the centre of the Barcelona team
After an impressive display last Saturday the Blaugrana star has admitted that he prefers to play in the middle, in the position that is usually occupied by Xavi

145321_thumb.jpg

Iniesta got my Ballon d'Or vote, reveals Jose Antonio Camacho
The 57-year-old prefers the attacking midfielder over Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, and feels it'll be nearly impossible for Real Madrid to win La Liga this term

221033_thumb.jpg

Falcao-inspired Aletico Madrid are a match for anyone, but title talk remains premature
The Colombian gave Diego Simeone's side their seventh win in a row with a fantastic last-minute free kick at Real Sociedad to return them to joint top of La Liga, for now at least

220632_thumb.jpg

Tello takes confidence from Vilanova support
The 21-year-old was in good spirits after scoring in Barcelona's breathtaking victory over Deportivo La Coruna and said he hoped to continue in the same vein for years to come

220904_thumb.jpg

Fran Gonzalez excited about the possibility of his son joining Barcelona
The Blaugrana are interested in the former Depor favourite's boy after being impressed by the 10-year-old in a tournament featuring Barca, Real Madrid and Porto

213280_thumb.jpg

Obafemi Martins: I made the right choice coming to Levante
The former Inter player was attracted to the Valencia-based outfit because of their ambition, while seeing Sergio Ballesteros beat Cristiano Ronaldo in a sprint also impressed him

176296_thumb.jpg

Guardiola considering becoming Bayern Munich boss, says Luca Toni
The Blaugrana's most successful coach is ready to return to football, and his former team-mate has urged him to head to the Bundesliga

217552_thumb.jpg

Herrera laments 'unforgivable mistake' after seeing red
The 23-year-old was sent off for kicking out at Tino Costa which ultimately saw the Basque side suffer defeat to Los Che - an act which he later said sorry for on Twitter

217802_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: Barcelona will learn from Deportivo victory
The midfielder insisted that the Liga giants will analyse the match, having let slip a comfortable lead to take a nervy 5-4 victory against a spirited Depor side on Saturday night

220685_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: Messi is from another world
The 25-year-old lavished praise on the three-goal hero, before also insisting that the important thing was the three points as the visitors prevailed at Riazor

208041_thumb.jpg

Vilanova perplexed by referee's performance during victory over Deportivo
The Blaugrana tactician questioned the decisions made by the match official after overseeing a nine-goal thriller at Riazor, and has given his support to Victor Valdes

182797_thumb.jpg

Karanka praises Real Madrid's defensive solidarity against Celta Vigo
The Spaniard highlighted the importance of the team's rearguard during their victory, while also explaining the reason Kaka was replaced at the start of the second half

214177_thumb.jpg

Ramos: Madrid should have scored more goals
The Spain international lamented Los Blancos' inability to hit the back of the net, and praised team-mate Michael Essien for playing in an unfamiliar role

31779_thumb.jpg

Laporta: Guardiola loves Italy
The Rossoneri have been tipped to make a move for the 41-year-old and the former Barcelona president believes the two would be a perfect fit

219695_thumb.jpg

Courtois: No pressure on Atletico Madrid
The Rojiblancos are flying high in the Liga standings, level on points with Barcelona at the summit, but the goalkeeper is remaining grounded about his side's chances this season

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Zidane: I have no problem with Mourinho

The legendary Frenchman has stressed that his relationship with the former Inter boss has not turned sour as he's learned a lot from the Madrid coach

Oct 22, 2012 7:20:00 AM

By Stefan Coerts

183024hp2.jpg

Zinedine Zidane has insisted that he does not have any problems with Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, before adding that he has learned a lot from the Portuguese trainer.

A number of recent reports suggested that Zidane had left Madrid after falling out with Mourinho, but the former France international has made it clear there is no truth in the reports saying the duo have a troublesome relationship.

"I do not have a problem with Mourinho. On the contrary, I have learned a lot from him," Zidane was quoted as saying by Sport365.

"It is my passion to stand on the pitch on a daily basis. That's why I opted to return to France to form myself as a coach."

Zidane, 40, made over 200 official appearances for Real Madrid between 2001 and 2006.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Extra Time: Ronaldo made to look small next to giant superstar Sun Mingming

The Real Madrid attacker is dwarfed as he is photographed standing alongside the Beijing Ducks basketball player, who measures a towering 2.36 metres

Oct 22, 2012 8:00:00 PM

By John Christodoulou

221317hp2.jpg

It is not every day Cristiano Ronaldo is not the centre of attention, but photographed next to professional basketball player Sun Mingming, who stands at a whopping 7 ft 9 inches, the Real Madrid attacker should understand why.

The Los Blancos forward has posted a picture of himself alongside the Beijing Ducks player on his Facebook page, as the Chinese centre visited the club's Valdebebas training ground.

The former Manchester United winger can attest to not exactly being small, measuring approximately 6 ft 1 inches, but compared to his fellow athlete, he comes up a little short, with a full 1ft 8 inch difference between the two global superstars.

However Extra Time is sure the picture will not damage the 27-year-old's ego too much, after recently becoming the third youngest European player to reach a century of international appearances and continuing to impress for the Spanish champions, scoring 15 goals in 12 appearances so far this season.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Madrid plot move for 'homesick' United keeper De Gea as replacement for Casillas

By IAN LADYMAN PUBLISHED: 21:53 GMT, 22 October 2012 | UPDATED: 06:49 GMT, 23 October 2012

Real Madrid are eyeing Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea as a long-term replacement for Iker Casillas.The Spanish champions and their manager Jose Mourinho have a strong relationship with De Gea’s agent Jorge Mendes and feel they can exploit that to tempt De Gea back to Spain in the foreseeable future.Casillas has already stated that he sees De Gea as his successor in Spain’s national team and feels he can bring him on by working with the keeper at the Bernabeu.

article-2221594-14A14656000005DC-315_468x298.jpg

Unhappy? David De Gea has been linked with a move to Real Madrid

Suggestions in Spain that De Gea is homesick in Manchester have not been confirmed by United.He has been in and out of the United team and is not certain to start against Braga in the Champions League on Tuesday, which sources in Spain feel is contributing to his restlessness.Earlier this month, De Gea admitted he often finds life tough at United. 'I am working flat-out every day because I need to regain the confidence of the coach. 'For me, a training session is a match and after that it is necessary for me to show what levels I can achieve in games.'I ended last season satisfied with my work for Manchester United, but it is quite normal to go back to zero at the start of the following season.

article-2221594-15A1B267000005DC-502_468x337.jpg

Competition: Anders Lindegaard has often been favoured ahead of De Gea

'I don't believe I have been at the top in the last couple of months but with each game I am rediscovering my level.Lindegaard] 'I accept the manager's decision. If he considers Anders [ as No 1 it is not a problem for me I only want to play and maintain my challenge for the position.' United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has no plans to choose a No 1 just yet, preferring to rotate D
e Gea and Lindegaard.

article-2221594-159BBB34000005DC-410_468x311.jpg

Future: Madrid are reported to want De Gea to replace Iker Casillas

'Obviously at some stage one of them will take over if he shows a real consistency in top-level performance and he has shown a maturity. 'Everybody wants to play, goalkeepers are no different, but the way I look at it at the moment is getting the two of them experience will help me in the long term,' he said.

'At the moment neither of them have got that big-game experience. They will get that in time.'

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

222573_thumb.jpg

Xavi: Casillas is a candidate to win Ballon d'Or
The influential midfielder has taken the time to praise the Real Madrid shot-stopper after they received the Prince of Asturias award

216376_thumb.jpg

Messi more complete than Cristiano Ronaldo, says Zamorano
The 45-year-old feels the two are both incredible players, but has a slight preference for the Argentine, while also having his say on compatriot Radamel Falcao

221652_thumb.jpg

Vilanova: Rayo is Barcelona's toughest trip so far
The Blaugrana trainer believes that the Vallecas side could prove to be tricky opponents as the Catalan giants are aiming for their eighth La Liga win

22336_thumb.jpg

Gheorghe Hagi: Cruyff was the reason I joined Barcelona
The Romanian icon has explained his decision on joining Blaugrana in the 1990s and revealed his move was down due to the legendary Dutchman

213858_thumb.jpg

Santos deny Neymar to Barcelona rumours
Recent rumours claimed the Catalans had agreed a deal to take the 20-year-old to Camp Nou and made an initial payment, but the Sao Paulo club have dismissed the rumblings

211888_thumb.jpg

Puyol should have won Prince of Asturias award, says Pique
The 25-year old centre-back has demanded an explanation as to why his Blaugrana team-mate failed to collect the prize alongside Iker Casillas and Xavi

207467_thumb.jpg

Mallorca ready to attack Madrid, says Dos Santos
The 23-year old Barralets forward has warned Los Blancos that his side will not sit back in the fixture at Iberostar, and are prepared to be aggressive in order to find goals

200300_thumb.jpg

Casillas elated with Prince of Asturias award
The goalkeeper discussed what the prestigious prize means to him, while revealing there are still many things he wants to achieve in his career

221304_thumb.jpg

Vilanova salutes Xavi and Casillas
The 43-year-old coach has praised the two Spain internationals for their respective achievements after the pair were jointly awarded the Prince of Asturias award on Thursday

212344_thumb.jpg

Guti: I wish Messi played at Real Madrid
The 35-year-old has voiced his admiration for the Argentina star, while also praising Los Blancos ace Cristiano Ronaldo and criticising Jose Mourinho

132853_thumb.jpg

Pique: Barcelona want to repeat Wembley success
The towering defender has set his sights on achieving glory in Europe's elite club competition this term, and has spoken of his admiration for Franz Beckenbauer among others

220974_thumb.jpg

Rayo cannot afford to focus solely on Messi, says Paco Jemez
The Rayo boss believes that his Vallecas outfit can stop the Argentina international, but he is also concerned about the Catalans' other decisive players

221031_thumb.jpg

Chelsea set for £48m Falcao swoop in January
The Stamford Bridge outfit are set to activate the Atletico Madrid star's release clause in the upcoming transfer window, with some suggestions that personal terms are agreed

211227_thumb.jpg

Fernandes: I want to play alongside Iniesta
The Portugal international admitted who he thought was the the best player in the world, while revealing that he would like to one day play with the Spain ace

215793_thumb.jpg

Casillas 'honoured' to receive Prince of Asturias Award
The Real Madrid goalkeeper has been nominated as a joint candidate for the gong and is set to attend a ceremony at the Campoamor Theatre in Oviedo on Friday

32151_thumb.jpg

'Barcelona create art' - Thuram lauds former club
The World Cup winner favours the Catalan side for the wonderful football they encourage, stressing the importance of always being positive on the pitch

134238_thumb.jpg

'The investment will continue' - Malaga chairman happy with team's exploits
The Andalusian club have been in fine form so far this season both in domestic and European fixtures, leaving the Spanish side's supremo more enthused than ever

201186_thumb.jpg

Barcelona appeal Mascherano ban
The Catalan giants have opted not to accept the Argentine's suspension as they are keen to have him available for Saturday's game against Rayo Vallecano

168754_thumb.jpg

Pique: Barcelona's start couldn't have been any better
The towering defender believes the Catalans have been nearly perfect so far this term, and is on his way back as he continues to recover from a foot injury

186403_thumb.jpg

Joan Laporta attacks Sandro Rosell over Barcelona leadership again
The former Blaugrana President has accused his successor of lacking a clear vision for the club, and claims that the current administration are living off their "heritage"

208535_thumb.jpg

It's impossible to succeed as a youth at Real Madrid - Valero
The Spanish midfielder reveals that Los Blancos did not grant him the patience he deserved as a young player, and that he now hopes to succeed in Serie A

219618_thumb.jpg

Sergio Ramos thanks Casillas for Ballon d'Or nomination
Los Blancos man is grateful for his vote for Fifa’s Golden Ball award who the shot-stopper selected as his first pick along with Cristiano Ronaldo and Spain international Xavi

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Barcelona's Montoya denies theft allegations

The Barca defender refutes accusations he stole a wallet containing a three-figure sum from a local man in the Spanish capital

Oct 24, 2012 5:00:00 PM

By Paul Gorst

158802hp2.jpg

Barcelona’s Montoya has taken to Twitter to strongly deny he took €230 from a taxi driver in Madrid.

Earlier this week, it was alleged by a local man named Miguel Collado that the player stole his wallet when he dropped off Barca’s Cristian Tello, Gerard Deulofeu and Montoya himself in the Spanish capital.

“The accusations coming regarding the theft of a taxi driver's portfolio are totally false,” said Montoya.

Mr Collado alleges La Masia graduate challenged him to contact the police and said it was simply his word again Montoya’s.

“In my wallet I had my documents, 230 euros and my daughter’s medical card. She’s interned in a hospital at the moment,” Mr Collado told Terra.es.

“Montoya told me that I was only a taxi driver and that he was a footballer, that it was going to be his word against mine.

“I filed a complaint at first but I wasn’t planning on following it through, but then a fake agent contacted me and threatened me. He also said I was a f****** racist. That’s when I decided to be serious about it.

“It was my second ride of the day and it was only 8:15 AM, there is no chance that someone else was the thief other than this t**t.”

Barcelona have yet to comment on the accusations.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guardiola wanted to sell Fabregas, Pique, Villa & Dani Alves

The 41-year-old felt the quartet did not fit into the Blaugrana team for a variety of reasons, but the club feared a backlash from supporters if they had departed

Oct 26, 2012 5:17:00 PM

By Enis Koylu

184174hp2.jpg

Fifa agent Francois Gallardo has claimed that Pep Guardiola would have stayed at Barcelona, had the club sanctioned the sales of Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique, David Villa and Dani Alves.

The coach called time on his four-year spell in charge at Camp Nou in May, citing exhaustion and a need to recharge his batteries.

However, according to the representative, he could have remained in his post, but club president Sandro Rosell saw the quartet as untouchable.

"Guardiola announced his terms of renewal to Rosell. Among them was the sale of four players - Alves, Pique, Cesc and David Villa," Gallardo was quoted as saying by AS.

"Pep did not seem committed to Fabregas, Gerard and Dani, while the reasons for Villa leaving were sporting. He was especially disappointed in Cesc as a person, as he had refused to shake his hand when he signed.

"These players were regarded as untouchable, and the fans would not have accepted the sale."

Guardiola's successor, Tito Vilanova, has enjoyed an unbeaten league start with his side sat in first place, level on points with Atletico Madrid.