• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where were you when I was looking to buy......:smile: Nice write-up and very informative. As U pointed out the great things abt. LF. but the Strata title deal and the access to LF were the deciding factors for my decision to get HH instead and the fact that HH had a NICE Golf Course....... :smile:

:biggrin: I was still deciding too at that stage I guess. HH's selling point is the golf course! i also liked it for it continuous lanscape blend into the precincts. I hear there is a package where you get golf privileges as a buyer? Not a golfer though, i think i'll be one of those swinging like a monkey and unearthing soil rather than hit the damn ball. hurhur.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Euphony,
I think LF is very nice.. Just wonder how much is the maintenance fee? I bought HH before looking into LF or EL.. I could buy one in LF in future for retirement...
Rgds

Arsenal bro, I think at this stage BWV in LF is almost sold out last I hear left 2 terraces and are fully furnished (lest u considering resale). This is the last strata titled precinct for now. I think they are now selling Bayou creek which is normal freehold. There would certainly be a difference in maintenance fee between the 2. Can't remember the proposed bayou creek's although I think it should be lesser? And LF i think is still selling lands (by the acre) or lands + BTS. Each of these precincts have different maintenance fees (different features, different lot size) so its very hard to give you an estimate as the margin can be very wide.

EL's more homogenous I guess in terms of maintenance fee and I really liked it too before deciding on LF.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Euphony,

Thank you very much for your very detailed information and this is extremely useful for me!!!

I saw it said on some website, the title is strata but a freehold. So for any properties sold, you can have individual title+freehold or strata+freehold or strata+leasehold, right?

I have a baby son who is about 1.5 years old and I am going to have another child in a year or two. So safety is certainly one big concern for my whole family. I have heard the monthly maintenance fee for the precinct that I am looking at is charged at a rate of 20cents/sq.feet. So do you think this is expensive?

You mentioned the maintenance/developer at LF will freshen the facade every few years with new paint for every house, garden, maintenance repairs. So do people need to pay extra for these besides the usual monthly maintenance fee they pay?

Thanks a lot again!

Hi there! saw your PM, I'll answer you here so that others can build on it or give you their point of view and benefit readers as well. my answer is biased towards LF because that's where I bought, there's a big camp here who will tell you about horizon hills pluses too. the key is really what suits you best because they've got different characteristics on offer. see which do you identify with and then make your decision.

As to Strata title, basically this one works like a condominium. Exterior changes not allowed interiorly do what you want, how you want, when you want otherwise it is no different from a freehold title. The bad point is that you don't have freedom in controlling your house in totality, and you feel as if you're in a 'stepford wives' community. For me I like it strata this way the whole precinct maintains a unified look and is very neat. There are some people who either have lousy color pallets or IDs and can make the exteriors butt ugly and that may devalue house prices in the neighborhood in the long run.

I think if you're asking for lot size its 27' X49' in the brochure. Because it is relatively small its marketing trick to give built up rather than lot size. You own the land but exteriors will be managed (the additional parcels e.g. car porch, garden, small side garden are in the S&P that you sign). Well in terms of risk I don't see any difference. Except that the developer has to handover from the master title to strata just like condominiums. A delay here can be problematic for the flippers.

As a LF resident, I like this place for its serenity. Its dead quiet and peaceful. As a terrace house precinct, the density is fairly low. Even if you put the whole LF together it is still very low. Which I feel gives it a certain air of exclusivity. More people means more problems. haha (again my biased view). Also, the developer is not going to build high rise condos current or the future, so it strengthens my point. I like the double security giving me better peace of mind i.e. you have to go through 2 guarded gates first to LF and 2nd to your precinct this reduces public access into the development especially in situations where the road can be used as a shortcut through to another area e.g. resulting in heavy traffic buildup yielding noise and security issues. As for the terrace its perfectly sized for singletons or small families. I hate to clean up acres of space and like things minimal and simple would not break my back when I do it myself. Because the place comes partially furnished, I forgo the headache of renovations. I like the built in kitchen a lot and would forsee myself spending much time there. All the lights/fans/air-con are fitted even wardrobes. If you're intending to buy, then your unit might be fully furnished can literally walk in with a bag. I have not seen another development till date offering this package this place just spoke to me when I viewed it. Also because its strata the exterior is maintained by the developer overseen by the resident committee. Which is good with concrete plans to freshen the facade every few years with new paint for every house, garden, maintenance repairs etc. Again individual houses on fully freehold titles in comparison may choose not to do that and may end up again pulling down the house value in the neighborhood.

As for quality, the finishing imho is of high standard and rectification works for me are very minor. I am quite happy with the built in kitchen really! and the materials used all round is not bad at all, though I would suggest doing something about those 'incomplete concrete' looking steps, avantgarde yes but a tad too 'underwhelming'.

As for the cons, its far from amenities vs. HH. You MUST have your own car because its not very accessible by public transport (unless cabs). There are people who feel insecure about the road leading towards LF.This is the current situation you must be ok with now (of cos there are talks about future plans which I think we all ignore. if it becomes a reality, 2 thumbs up). In terms of amenities HH will be a better bet. Personally, I do not see it as a biggie as I do my grocery shopping once a week also forces me to plan properly. Also, somethings I can't get in JB anyway (like fresh prosciutto, boutique wines, cheese [buffalo mozzarella, single/double cream...] etc) and will do it in SG and then come back in so it makes no difference. Truthfully, the road in could be a problem so I stay cautious. Thankfully the road is a busy/semi-busy one because the PTP port is further in. Hope this gives you an idea of LF. Like I say definitely biased so make your decisions wisely! This is the hard part.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF also has golf courses from what I saw from their website although I guess they are not as well-designed and blended into the precincts as HH, right?

I have been to HH and I also like what I have seen so far there though I have just been to the clubhouse and have not been to the inside of any precincts.

Do you think HH's price is reasonable? The new Terrace/linked house costs about RM800K+ although the built-up is bigger than the previous ones.

:biggrin: I was still deciding too at that stage I guess. HH's selling point is the golf course! i also liked it for it continuous lanscape blend into the precincts. I hear there is a package where you get golf privileges as a buyer? Not a golfer though, i think i'll be one of those swinging like a monkey and unearthing soil rather than hit the damn ball. hurhur.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
din know Horizon Hills maintenace at RM0.2 psf...that means an average unit at 2000 sqft will have to pay RM400 a month in maintenance?..I understand this is over and above the amount charge for using the clubhouse facilities. Last time i was told entry into the swimming pool is RM10 per entry.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
din know Horizon Hills maintenace at RM0.2 psf...that means an average unit at 2000 sqft will have to pay RM400 a month in maintenance?..I understand this is over and above the amount charge for using the clubhouse facilities. Last time i was told entry into the swimming pool is RM10 per entry.

That's not true. I check maint office and was told about RM90 for 3000 sqft terrace .

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yonglip,

The monthly maintenance rate 0.2 cents/month is for one of the precincts in Leisure Farm, not Horizon Hills.
I am so sorry if this was not clear in my original post.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not true. I check maint office and was told about RM90 for 3000 sqft terrace .

I understand gateway and golf prestinct maintenace cost are $150rm and $200rm for the hills..

However for the condo, it should be around 0.25-0.3rm per sqtf..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My terraces, i normally pay $90, my clusters at $110 and the most expensive that i paid is only $130-150 i think. My wife handles it these days coz i over paid once (of course they told me in error) so i paid all the way till mid of next year.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Arsenal and Aangsc,

The rate I was talking about in my post was for one of the precincts in Leisure Farm
Thanks!

I understand gateway and golf prestinct maintenace cost are $150rm and $200rm for the hills..

However for the condo, it should be around 0.25-0.3rm per sqtf..

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
My terraces, i normally pay $90, my clusters at $110 and the most expensive that i paid is only $130-150 i think. My wife handles it these days coz i over paid once (of course they told me in error) so i paid all the way till mid of next year.

bro, look like soon you need a property management team to help you handle your vast investment portfolio. :-)

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, thank you very much for starting this wonderful thread. Thank you all for the maintenance fee information at HH, something I am interested in knowing also besides LF.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you consider this Positive?

Thanks for the read thinker. :smile:

NEWS: Unlikely for S'pore, Malaysia to merge: LKY
Unlikely for S'pore, Malaysia to merge: Lee Kuan Yew

By Hoe Yeen Nie | Posted: 22 September 2011 2207 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said it is unlikely that Singapore and Malaysia will merge in the future.

At the Sentosa Roundtable (held at the Shangri-La Hotel) dialogue earlier Thursday evening, he was asked by a Malaysian citizen if he foresees both countries coming to a political or economic union in the future, given the growing strength of Indonesia.

Mr Lee said having gone through a failed merger in the 1960s, such a move is not likely.

I'll take it as not in the near future. Since such a move would definately plummet the whole Singapore property market. Don't want to see my rental flat in Singapore to devalue too.

But he also gave a positive outlook of bilateral relations, noting the efforts of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

Got to give the credit to Najib. I totally agree with him. Looks like a man who get things done to me.

This includes developing the Iskandar region in southern Johor, which will complement Singapore's own economic growth.

"Najib has brought forth a positive view of bilateral relations and the desire to develop southern Johor, the Iskandar region, using Singapore as a kind of Shenzhen. (This) means a complementary set of forces will be led loose, which will make it unprofitable for either side to be unfriendly," said Mr Lee.

He added, "You want our investments, we want to invest. Having invested, we don't want problems with Malaysia, and Malaysia which wants more investments will not give us problems. So that's a positive development."

Thats what all of us who are vested here in Iskandar region wants right?

The Hongkong-Shenzhen model. The one we have been discussing about here in this forum since sometime ago. Looks like we stand to gain from this. Do everyone here agree? :smile:

Absolut

Dear all, been follow this thread for some time. Thumbs up to all brother who help to answer all the newbie question.

I'm stuck in owning property in JB, My deal at Setia tropika just call off by the owner where we both party have agree to buy and sale to each other, while all my loan is approved. Alittle dissapointed and upset to me and my family members.
Now got to start to search a new place again. I'm quite keen to Leisure Farm. Just wonder is any brother here who own the property there know any one is letting go thier unit which i can go for viewing.... Appreciate if u able to help to link up with the owner.

Appreciate for kind help and all input is appreciated. Thanks.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro, look like soon you need a property management team to help you handle your vast investment portfolio. :-)

Wuqi is a future Multi-Millionaire in the making :smile: I'm happy for you :wink:

TinkerMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Need some advice.

Do you think I should go ahead and sighn the loan agreement before getting the Johor State Consent?

Developer and bank keep pestering me to sign the loan agreement but I am just worried about the worst case senario on not getting the State Consent.
What would be my liabilities Tne?

Please help.

Thank you.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
My pleasure! Yea thereabouts, you're right.

Safety should not be a problem within the precinct. There are a few of us here too. Just be a bit more careful outside when you go about your groceries etc. Less bling more bland you and your family will be plenty fine. As for BWV monthly maintenance it is on the high side compared with the rest of JB projects. But if it assures me a certain level of 'returns' I'm all good for it. That's where strata titled properties are good in that there's legal recourse for neighbors who don't pay up though I don't forsee that problem arising here. Nope no extra. Maintenance and repairs are constant, additional works subject to endorsement by RC.

Hi Euphony,

Thank you very much for your very detailed information and this is extremely useful for me!!!

I saw it said on some website, the title is strata but a freehold. So for any properties sold, you can have individual title+freehold or strata+freehold or strata+leasehold, right?

I have a baby son who is about 1.5 years old and I am going to have another child in a year or two. So safety is certainly one big concern for my whole family. I have heard the monthly maintenance fee for the precinct that I am looking at is charged at a rate of 20cents/sq.feet. So do you think this is expensive?

You mentioned the maintenance/developer at LF will freshen the facade every few years with new paint for every house, garden, maintenance repairs. So do people need to pay extra for these besides the usual monthly maintenance fee they pay?

Thanks a lot again!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF also has golf courses from what I saw from their website although I guess they are not as well-designed and blended into the precincts as HH, right?

I have been to HH and I also like what I have seen so far there though I have just been to the clubhouse and have not been to the inside of any precincts.

Do you think HH's price is reasonable? The new Terrace/linked house costs about RM800K+ although the built-up is bigger than the previous ones.

yes there is a golf course and an equestrian school/club. Its pretty nice both areas ask for a tour :p
Both are separate entities I think there is no special rates for residents??? Dunno because I don't foresee myself doing either. There is a separate clubhouse for BWV in LF as well as the general LF clubhouse. When you go in to BWV's you'll be in for a pleasant surprise just bring your iPhone along :biggrin: The general clubhouse is scheduled for expansion but if you've got gym memberships to cali or fitness first etc, I suggest you hold on to those first. i find MY gyms in general to be severely inadequate. Having treadmills does not a gym make. :biggrin:

As for HH I don't think I am in the position to comment even though i have considered the area before. It just doesn't meet my needs and I won't buy even if its 500k (for my own stay that is, for rental returns its another story altogether). This is not to say the place is lousy no, in fact it is plenty great but firstly the place is way to big for a singleton like me. Cleaning is no fun and I am a neat freak. Different stroke for different folks I guess? Having said that it has numerous plus points which is why it grabbed a lot of people's hearts here. You can see from the numerous positive responses too.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno whether all of you board users know, there is a particular forum in skyscrapercity that is abuzz with iskandar/JB updates. Plenty of photos, videos and small info bytes. Recently saw that the structure for the premium outlets up, gosh it was flat land not too long ago construction was really fast I guess 11.11.11 opening is achievable finally a report card that is worthy of praise. Same with malborough and trader's hotel. Ujana as those who pass by has reached new heights literally. The EL facebook page on facebook I chanced across has somebody go up to the top level to take sky shots of EL of which the terraces are fast solidifying in structure. Driving towards Gelang patah on the pontian link expressway, nusa bayu seems to be abuzz with activity and fast filling up. So are the new tamans in the area. Exciting times ahead. Now I hope the crowds will come in after these projects TOP. that will definitely seal the deal for all of us who are already one foot in. Then again when nusa duta/bestari heights/bukit indah/HH reach maturity together with the 5 condos in the immediate vicinity and reach full occupancy, it could be a very very bustling place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.