• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Regret moving to Australia

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought this is the best place to live...40 years living in Singapore now want to leave more than ever. Feeling poor and depress. Accomodation is so expensive. Starting a new life is impossible. Singapore is a beautiful country. But, I hate the PAP for messing it up badly, 1/3 of the salary goes to CPF. 50% of the remaining 2/3goes on daily expenses. EVERYTHING is very expensive...Can any one recommend a good shipping company to send our PAP effects back to hole they came from?
So, if both Singapore and Australia suck, what is the moral of the story?
Move to New Zealand and befriend Leongsam? :confused::wink::p

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's a privilege and blessing to live in sg.

View attachment 21393

Indeed,

lowincome0502e.jpg

cleaner.jpg

OldWoman2409e.jpg

beggar3.jpg

amp_beg1.jpg

A first world nation, till the day you run out of $$

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
so which country on earth does not have needy?
didn't someone once said " If you are born poor its not your mistake, But if you die poor its your mistake"

idiots like yourself who does nothing except complaining non stop deserves to be poor!
Go get a proper job! :rolleyes:

A first world nation, till the day you run out of $$

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
so which country on earth does not have needy?
didn't someone once said " If you are born poor its not your mistake, But if you die poor its your mistake"

idiots like yourself who does nothing except complaining non stop deserves to be poor!
Go get a proper job! :rolleyes:

Well said. I have added to your points.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the good thing living in my area is the huge presents of the Jewish community and not a sinkie insight.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The largest Jewish community in Australia is in which city arh?

[video=youtube;qjolIjDrxZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjolIjDrxZQ[/video]

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a friend who decided to come back from Sydney after moving there for 3 months. His main reasons are that he could not adapt to the culture there. The folks are back home from work by 5 pm and go to bed at 8 pm. Whereas, in Singapore he havoc until midnight. I asked him why don't you go out for a run or go to the pub for a drink... he said all the shops close by 5.30 pm. And it is dangerous to go out on your own at night. At the place where he lived, a woman was mugged and killed a few weeks ago. So, people rarely want to go out after 6 pm.

The cost of living is also darn high. One plate of fried rice costs $18 equivalent. More so, like you say, it can be pretty lonely living there.

I do not know your friend...but I have been to downunder be it a population of 1.5k in a country side to few millions in a metro city...I have never felt bored....Life in oz is one big party for me...your friend do not know how
To go social with the ang moh char bor... Been there done that No regrets....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
the onky food i ever miss is kwai chup. can't seem to find them anywhere here. then again the multiple different variety of food in sydney is just astonishing. and, they are really authentic. from what i've been told.
I dun understand why Sinkies who are living overseas will still want to eat Sinkie food like char siew rice, Sinkapore-style Hainanese chicken rice, laksa, roti prata, etc....

My wife and I've been living in the United Stasi of A. for about three months now and not once have we craved or eaten Sinkie-style food.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have to agree with u on the kuay chup and also no Teochew Muay,,,my explination is the makan in oz os more catered to the Mudlanders and HK palate that y the dim sum is better,,,even the cha kway teow is more mudlander style and any see the spore style Hokkein Mee here...

the onky food i ever miss is kwai chup. can't seem to find them anywhere here. then again the multiple different variety of food in sydney is just astonishing. and, they are really authentic. from what i've been told.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Australians now relocating to New Zealand

Could the tides crossing the Tasman be turning? In April, for the first time in more than two decades, more Australians relocated to New Zealand to live than vice versa.

The most recent permanent and long-term migration figuresfrom Statistics New Zealand show a net monthly inflow of 100 migrants from Australia to New Zealand in April 2015 – the first time since 1991 there have been more Australians arriving in New Zealand than New Zealanders going to Australia. The net figures account for people arriving to live in New Zealand from other countries as well as New Zealanders departing for overseas, and have been seasonally adjusted.

The number of New Zealanders crossing the Tasman has dropped by more than half in the past two years – from 45,700 in the year to April 2013 to 22,300 in the year to April 2015. Statistics New Zealand reported a net annual loss of 1,900 people in the year to April 2015 – the smallest figure since 1992 and well down from 11,100 in the same period in 2014 and 34,100 in 2013.

Since Statistics New Zealand’s series began in 1982, the highest ever net inflow it recorded from Australia was 400 migrants in the year to both July and August 1983.

The flow between the two countries can change in scale and direction very quickly, according to the independent research body the Royal Society of New Zealand, given New Zealand’s large expatriate population and Australians’ unrestricted access to the New Zealand labour market and welfare entitlements. New Zealanders’ entitlement to Australian welfare was significantly curtailed by the Howard government in 2001.

The Royal Society last year estimated that there were 650,000 New Zealanders living in Australia. But though many New Zealanders do tend to spend periods overseas, many eventually return. In the year ending March 2014, just over 27,300 citizens returned home after 12 months or more overseas – the largest number since the 12 months to March 1991.

Net migration to New Zealand has been mostly increasing in recent years, which Statistics New Zealand attributes mainly to fewer citizens leaving for Australia as well as more people arriving from other countries.

New Zealand’s economy is performing strongly, while the Australian economy is at the end of a mining boom. Mining investment is falling and the rest of the economy is “so-so”, according to HSBC economist Paul Bloxham.

The population of New Zealand was recorded as 4.4m in June last year, and the country has been gaining around 4,500 migrants every month for the past six months. Unadjusted figures showed a record net gain of 56,800 migrants in the year to April 2015 – an increase of slightly more than 65% on the previous year’s 34,400 people. Migrant arrivals for the year had increased by 16%, while departures decreased by 11%.

The countries with most migration to New Zealand in the 12 months to April were India (12,200), China (7,800), the United Kingdom (4,600) and the Philippines (4,000).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ating-to-new-zealand-than-the-other-way-round

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree with u on the kuay chup and also no Teochew Muay,,,my explination is the makan in oz os more catered to the Mudlanders and HK palate that y the dim sum is better,,,even the cha kway teow is more mudlander style and any see the spore style Hokkein Mee here...

Yah, I miss the Teochew fish porridge, now that you mentioned it. Other then that, everything is good here, from Japanese, Korean, Thai, Italian, Lebanese, all pretty good. I think I definitely enjoy food a lot here then in Singapore.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the grass was greener on the other side of the fence.

My niece lived in Sydney 26 years old Chartered Accountant annual salary above AUD$120K/year
I asked her if she wants to work in Stinkapoor?? She NO! reason her working 9 am to 5 pm 5 day week!

In Stinakpoor an Accountant will work day and night and No Life!!
Probably 6.5 day per week, you'll never reached home before mid night!!

Shitty life style in Stinkapoor as an Accountant!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tat is why implementing the soylent green or logan's run option is even more vital n urgent so people can die with dignity n not suffer in their twilight years.

Woody 's slogan Swiss Standard of Living when he was a Premier!!

Did he delivered answer : BIG NO!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no utopia on planet earth. Best is to see which country offers more 'value' according to one's priorities.
If one values fresh air, scenery, 4 seasons, breathing space, quality life, many cities to go to.

If one values being packed like sardines in their city, mad rat race, uneven playing field, leaders who grossly over-rate themselves etc, S'pore is perfect.