• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We and the Ang Mo

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, have to disagree. They are more politically correct and their greetings and compliments are matter of routine. But they can be uncompromising when we Asians are able to come to a compromise more readily.

And when they complain they can be very demanding and quite unrelenting.

Its not that they are inherently bad its just that they exercise their rights in a vigorous manner.

Sometimes its not that we like to fawn to these ang mohs but they are very generous with their compliments and the least likely to complaint compared to Asians esp ah nehs and local chinese. Those who have friends working in the service sectors or airline crews should ask why they prefer serving ang mohs and u will understand why..

PS: ang mohs are better at making your day compared to Asians who will most likely spoil your mood for the rest of the day. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, have to disagree. They are more politically correct and their greetings and compliments are matter of routine. But they can be uncompromising when we Asians are able to come to a compromise more readily.

When you deal with an angmo, you know that most of them are not as conniving as Asian. Political correctness and perfunctory compliments are not exclusive domain of angmos. Asians do it all the time.

And when they complain they can be very demanding and quite unrelenting.
They don't complain for the slightest thing. Ah Nehs and Ah Tiongs complain all the times, the former for everything. It is like their dollar is worth 1kg of gold.

Its not that they are inherently bad its just that they exercise their rights in a vigorous manner.
And that is a good thing which Asians should emulate. Demand for their rights.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I get this in Perth, too. At the Asian shops, of all places. Ang Moh comes in to buy a couple of Asian groceries, and the shop worker goes around the whole shop to find the thing for him and bring it to him, and then at the cashier will fawn over him with how are yous, please, thank you, all smiles and come again, etc.
And us regulars asian customers who come every week to buy about a hundred bucks of groceries get nary a glance, much less a thank you... it's as if they are doing us a favor by letting us buy their stuff. F**king Asians.. they cause their own downfall.

Not at Yee Seng. Everyone get a dose of their sour faces. I helped an angmo find teh terik. He can't pronounce so I asked is it pulled tea. He said yes, it was for his workplace Harmony Week. His Malaysian colleague not free to buy.

Kongs in Nedlands helps everyone, but blur angmos and students get extra help.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Neddy..do u live in Neddyland? Aka Nedlands? And abt those discrimination or pinkerton syndrome. I dont feel it in asian shops but some shopkeepers i know are dulan with the increasing number of ah tiongs here...they r rude' loudmouth n inconsiderate. N i also know ah tiongs look down on southern chinese..n cannot speak mandarin...u kenna more chia lat from them...
Not at Yee Seng. Everyone get a dose of their sour faces. I helped an angmo find teh terik. He can't pronounce so I asked is it pulled tea. He said yes, it was for his workplace Harmony Week. His Malaysian colleague not free to buy.

Kongs in Nedlands helps everyone, but blur angmos and students get extra help.